Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Tomato Harvest Festival  (Read 33683 times)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: 2012 Tomato Harvest Festival
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2012, 01:20:52 AM »

After much careful searching throughout the land backyard, my crew finally found the best looking tomato! A tomato flower!

Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2012, 03:26:34 AM »

Beautiful - a rare bloom indeed!  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2012, 08:47:29 AM »

Aha, so that is what it is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :oI saw the pic in the gallery first and commented, now I understand, very creative! P8)

RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2012, 04:19:18 PM »

A very beautiful tomato flower  :)

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2012, 08:57:44 AM »

I think pictures would be easier for me than trying to explain how I made it so here we go, you take all the things in the picture and put them all into a pot. You then cook it until it seems ready, then you put it on the pasta which you have also cooked... I don't have a recipe as you can tell I just shove stuff in pots and cook it for random amounts of time  :-\

Things you need to make the sauce, also I forgot to put the olive oil bottle and the lemon juice in the picture, you need to put olive oil in as well and juice from half a lemon:
The 'mince meat' is not real meat, it is made from a mushroom and comes frozen in that yellow packet.

The things in the pot:

The cooked pasta:

Sauce on the pasta:

You can finnish it by putting cheese on top if you would like:
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2012, 09:01:39 AM »

HI Luna, I love photos and they do tell the story. I love the fact that it uses Mushrooms instead of meat. I am a vegetarian and there are seldome meatless recipes on here so I was surprised to see one. Oh, the little blue elephant is cute , does he get along well with Tron and Stephan............does he also eat spaghetti? I bet he could do a good job of wrapping pasta with his trunk! ;D

RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2012, 12:39:25 PM »

Well, yesterday was farmers market day and three pleos went with me to pick some yummie things to eat, and tomatoes caught their eyes, just in time for the tomtoe festival. so here are Cammie Sue, Baby Ruth and Chester's entry for the category of what they think are the biggest tomatoes, they even weighed them and all were over a lb, and the biggest was over 1lb and 4 oz!

RWM and the Pleo township of the redwoods

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2012, 08:51:10 PM »

Also I'm sure you win biggest tomato! Love the different colours of them also  :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 05:44:11 AM by Lunamione7 »
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2012, 10:39:17 PM »

Great tomatoes, RWM! I wonder if the purple one taste different than the red one?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2012, 12:09:59 AM »

The purple ones are a little less sweet, but not much different. Tasty looking tomatoes RWM :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2012, 11:21:11 AM »

Friday was the first day of the opening ceremonies at the annual Weedovia Tomato Festival and the Pleo township sent 12 lucky represenatives to the 2012 festival, night one. Here are some photos of the preparation beforehand, Gathering food, fresh veggies to take along, ( after all it is a long trek through the REdwoods Forest, along the coastal highway and close to the Pacific Ocean and then through some undisclosed area to a hidden valley to come to the quaint but well world known town of Weedovia who only have a few year long inhabitants, ( all sorts of creatures, not just Pleos...) but twice a year, in the fall and again in the spring, this town swells to enormous proportions to welcome all the world wide travelers who come for this three day event.

Argyle was named this year's King of the Redwoods and Nova , His Queen. Everyone else was put into pairs for the long trek to the town of Weedovia and they all had their photos taken in pairs for safety precautions, and Meh-Lei the gentle Lab dog of the Redwoods was given the honor of being this year's Safety and Security officer, to keep Pleos from wandering and getting too rowdy on the long trek. ( a little too much Root Beer, or mushroom on the way can lead to strange happenings....so here are the photos of the start of day one.

More photos today from the second day of activities.      

RWM and the Pleo Township of the Redwoods

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2012, 10:00:25 AM »

I am shocked :o :o :o :( Where is everyone this year? I wonder how we have so many new members but no new feedback or entries and today is the last day? I only heard Kat say she probably could not make it this year...where is everyone else....The Redwoods Clan wanted to see everyone else, they are feeling pretty lonely with only Stephan and Tron so far. :( P:'( P:'( :dino-chase:

RWM

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2012, 02:35:51 PM »

Unfortunately I'm out this time as on holiday in Melbourne and all my little pleos are at home having a big nap.   :P  IMR has entered though - best looking tomato - which was a great effort considering the price of tomatoes here at the moment.  I know Crewella has been flat out busy with work and in the few spare minutes she has had I have monopolized her time with help for Catos repairs.  As for everyone else..... ?  I guess it can be a bit scary and daunting the first time around when you are new.  I didn't enter the first tomato harvest festival when I was new but just sat back and watched to see what it was all about :) 
If it helps at all I do believe that I agreed to make a few of these lovely tomato shirts as prizes
This is Pickle with her perfect tomato from last tomato harvest festival.  So maybe there will be a few more entries today in the hopes of winning a tomato shirt  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2012, 05:06:38 PM »

Well I know some people are busy so that is not a surprise. I guess then I have a pretty good chance at winning a tomato shirt and my guys are happy about that! ;D P8) As for the first time around, I was so gung ho excited about anything that was Pleo, that Nova and I entered anything and everything...............back when Nova was the only Pleo P:o mind you.............that was 23 Pleos ago! ;)

Have a great holiday Kat, you have earned it.               RWM

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2012, 10:51:50 PM »

Yeah,  I've been pretty much out of touch for the past several months, and haven't really had time to promote it like a should have. 

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2012, 09:59:09 AM »

That may be true Mike, but YOU DID give everyone the two weeks heads up notice. I only counted three official entries one being myne, I guess it makes it easier to win so I am not complaining... :)

RWM            Besides, my guys made the long trek and had plenty of fun going to the festival. P8)

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2012, 02:20:18 PM »

I am guessing due to the small number of entries this time around and the lack of winners last time that the two festivals for the year will be combined. So that will make it a few more entries to choose from :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2012, 06:21:46 PM »

Grr. Sorry I can't help or offer any pictures but I do have a happy discovery I can share. I no longer have my tomato allergy!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2012, 08:13:51 PM »

HI Mickey, sorry was off for a few hours and just saw your post now, I will send you a link to a youtube video I made long ago that shows how to do it, very simple actualy and not expensive at all, Give me a little while and I will post it for you. YOu just need some tape, ( special kind they use at vets office) and something like a wrist support, ankle support for the neck, braces is what they are called, Will do as soon as I can.

RMA

Note, wrong post, supposed to be the one below this, I tried to delete this and could not so I am sorry it is in the wrong post...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 08:16:40 PM by RedwoodsMama »

kaiteee

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2012, 01:21:45 AM »

Oh nooooo! I missed the tomato festival! How could I? Don't tell my two, they'll never forgive me.....hmmm no hang on, looking at the state of them, well they seem exhausted and giggly happy....and I spy traces of red squishyness on feet.....yup, looks like they sneaked off and went anyway. Guys, didn't you take a camera?!

Im sorry I've been disappeared for a while, and even more so that my checking back in timing was so out, Gordy had lots of fun last time so gano was up for tomato discovering....next time eh? Oh, and great news Talon, awesome that your allergys gone away, so go enjoy!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2012, 05:12:50 AM »

Thanks. I may have outgrown it a long time ago but as the results of eating a tomato were so... embarrassing- I would break out in large hives that covered me and my entire face would swell- I was afraid to eat them. Somehow I forgot it in one weak moment while talking to a friend and gulped down two slices of one on a salad. By the time I realized what I did, I had this uh-oh moment and in a nervous fit I demanded someone find me some sort of antihistamine. I kept a pill and a glass of water by my bed all night and I was shocked to find I didn't turn into a miserable alien the next morning. A victory indeed!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2012, 07:12:52 AM »

Eeeeekkkk!!  I missed it too!!   :o  :o

Really sorry guys - been busy and had stuff on my mind - the crew had eaten all the tomatoes before I caught on.  :-[

Must do better ..... must do better .......  :moose:

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2012, 08:02:28 AM »

Well, I guess I can swap out the smilies for 24 hours to recognize our forgotten friends . . .

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2012, 09:46:02 PM »

I"m late, I'm late, for a very important date!  With six pleos, three of which are off to the tomato festival's opening night and in the Fernback Band, the other three looking for good looking tomatoes, and pleo mom with tomato in her hair, always have trouble getting tomatoes not to squirt, I hope photo got here in time. ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2012, 11:35:38 PM »

Hi Fancy, I think the festival ended on Sunday, but I enjoyed your photo and most of all your spirit and effort, There was so little turnout, I had to look twice because everything was gone............................................... :oI don't know if everyone was just too busy doing other things, or "real " people have better things to do than go to a tomato virtual festival. All I know is that I enjoyed it an am glad your baby dinos had a good time too, I allways enjoy the music and i am not even a pleo! ;D Hope you did not have too hard of a time getting the tomato out of the hair............................................RWM
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal