Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The return of Little Jim  (Read 2613 times)

Pintokitkat

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
  • There's always time for tea
The return of Little Jim
« on: February 07, 2012, 05:21:14 AM »

Hi peeps

I've not been on the forum for ages because Little Jim seemed to be getting quite ill and eventually just sort of gave up the ghost.  He's been sitting on top of the cupboard in the office, staring down at me for months.

Eventually I could stand it no longer, so I made a substitute battery thing that I could plug into Little Jim and then attached a power supply to it.  It was a Frankenstein moment - the skies darkened, Igor came running from the dungeon. there were mad cries from inside Uncle Drak's coffin and then, Jim said 'hello' and waggled his head.

So, inspired I shelled out (geddit?) for an egg charger and new Lipo battery, which arrived from Taiwan today and the little chap is now happily wandering around the lounge getting acquainted with all his favourite corners again.

My question - when I stopped reading the forums, Lifeos v2 was not long out and was getting some really bad press - many people didn't like it and reverted to an earlier version.  What's the current thinking?  Should I upgrade Jim or leave him on 1.2?

^-^

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: The return of Little Jim
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 06:10:53 AM »

OS2 is worth the effort in my opinion.  :)  I have two Ugobe pleo both running on OS2.  They did both go through the terrible teen stage which lasts about 6 battery cycles - very unresponsive, lots of walking backwards and many random noises.  But they do get through this phase.  Once on the other side of this they go back to normal.  OS2 has many more tricks and they seem to get about a bit faster than before.  All up I like it and think it is worth the pain of a few weird battery cycles  :P :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: The return of Little Jim
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 06:37:50 AM »

I agree with Kat, completely.  There are still a few OS2 haters out there, though - after the initial terrible teen stage, the biggest complaint seems to be that people don't much like the additional puppy noises. 

If you do try it, just don't judge it by the first few days/battery cycles - they are not representative.  :moose:

Welcome back Little Jim!  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal