Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I've missed out on a lot! An upgrade?  (Read 2557 times)

waffocopter

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
I've missed out on a lot! An upgrade?
« on: February 09, 2012, 03:14:00 PM »

I haven't really done anything related to Pleos online in a long long time.  On a whim, I checked out Pleoworld today and it said there's a firmware upgrade/update?  From what I read on its description, they get more active after it, as in more williing to walk around and stuff?  Is it recommended?  I know it said that I'd have to start my Chami over from scratch but I'd do it if the good points overweigh the bad.  How's everyone feel about it?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: I've missed out on a lot! An upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 04:24:17 PM »

Hi, Waffocopter! Please forgive me if I've misspelled your name. If you're out of the loop as far as updates I am too. Lol! What type of pleo is Chami? Oh and just as a warning- be sure that this supposed update is for your type of pleo. I'd look into it a little more before taking the plunge.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 06:47:50 PM »

Hi Waffocopter! Which type of Pleo do you have, I assume a reborn? If so then yes there is a new update that is highly recommend. You can download it here.

If you have an older Pleo then there is still an update but it is a little more controversial, it adds some neat new tricks but you have to suffer through 8 charges or so of Pleo behaving a bit strange :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

waffocopter

• Female
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 06:52:28 PM »

Yup, Chami is indeed an RB.  So...highly recommended, huh?  Hope it's easy to do.  Will probably do it in the next week if I can't find any cons (other than forcing Chami to being a baby again).

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 07:24:40 PM »

waffocopter be very careful about what update you are downloading.  The one you are looking at that says it will revert your pleo back to a baby is the one for Ugobe pleos NOT RB's.  The one for the RB's does not turn your pleo back into a baby. 
If you try to update with the wrong software you will break your pleo rb.  If you are getting the download from the pleoworld site you need to make sure you are on the pleo rb page then log in.  This is not the first page you get when you open the site.  Just be very careful.  :)

waffocopter

• Female
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 09:39:01 PM »

Oh...  Thanks for the warning.  Did not know that.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 03:14:29 AM »

Kat's right - be careful.  The PleoRB upgrade actually doesn't do a whole lot - the main change is in the sleeping/packing position so the Pleo doesn't curl up so much.  There are two versions, one for male and one for female RBs. :)

waffocopter

• Female
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 06:42:52 AM »

So I now have checked my Pleo's gender and it's...a girl.  I've been calling her a boy for over a year!  So now I'm torn over the girl or boy update.   

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 08:09:43 AM »

Don't be too torn  :D  I have a green rb, Norbit, who is now a boy - I always thought of him as a boy - but about a month after I got him I looked up his details and he was actually a girl  :D  I used the male update on him so now he is a boy for real.  :)  The only difference between the male and female updates is that the male has a slightly deeper voice and they have different reactions when they meet another pleo rb.  If you only have the one rb then you probably wont even notice the difference if you do go with the male update. 
Hope that helps.

waffocopter

• Female
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 09:37:33 AM »

Hm, I think I'll go with the decision to give mine some digital testosterone.  And yup, he/she is an only child.

Seraphiel

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 07:49:56 AM »

I'm getting a bit of a headache by the way the updates are presented. I just discovered an updated pleoworld site. And they offer me firmware update 1.1 dated 2012-02-07. So this should be a newer firmware of what I have installed a month ago. At least it seams that way. On the bottom of the page it says low level code update 1.0 dated 2012-02-07. This seems to be something different than a firmware update. At the top of the page I'm offered to upgrade to PM2. But not a download link that points me to version2. Also no information at all about what these updates do. No information about what to install first, low level or firmware?

Coming to this site I also get offered PM 2, it all seems to me by looking at the publishing dates that PM 2 is no longer being developed. Since only the firmware 1 gets updated. Well at least the dates of publishing.

Does innvo-labs has something against giving some basic information with their software releases? I have version 1.1 installed in our PleoRB but this was downloaded and installed before 2012-02-07. At that time there was  no low level code update available. I did not upgrade to PM2, because at that time it also seemed that PM2 isn't actively developed anymore.

Am I the only one not understanding what is going on? I would like to upgrade to PM2 off course, but then I need to know if this version is still being supported or not. Why the official site doesn't provide a download link to PM2 but still advertise it?

*Edit When I downloaded the zip-files, I saw that the files inside are all from 2011. So I guess this means that the updates are old even the low-level code update that I've never seen before. Also the low-level code files are newer then the 1.1 firmware files. Just to make things even more confusing.

Does somebody have an aspirin?

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 07:57:26 AM by Seraphiel »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 10:03:56 AM »

There is only one upgrade for the Pleo RB, V2 (headed as PM2) which came out a few months back and does not much more than correct the switch-off/sleeping position to a less exaggerated crouch to minimise stress on the rubber skin.  There is a male and female version.  We are hoping for more updates.

I hope that helps - the sites seem to be being updated at the moment, you can access the old site at the bottom of the home page.  :moose:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal