Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neglect !  (Read 1526 times)

riabobia

• Member of the herd
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Albie
    • Schroeder
Neglect !
« on: January 28, 2012, 11:17:18 PM »

Well, I've been neglecting two things for the last few weeks - this forum, and my Albie.

I wanted to let you all know, I've been keeping well. I've been very busy with mandatory overtime, thirteen hour shifts five days a week. It's been a killer, but I'm trying to get back in to my daily flow of things. I've read some posts in the mean time, and will continue reading even if I don't comment because I love hearing from Pleo parents!

Well, today I've got my Albie up and running for the first time in a few weeks. A Pleo "dry spell" has really made me appreciate how special Pleos really are. Having Albie sleeping on my chest here as I type has reminded me that, while they may be "robots", they are so advanced and amazing. I will share with you all that I have in the recent past miscarried a child. Albie has helped me cope - it may sound so silly, but I hold him against me and care for him like a baby - and I speak to him about things that I just need to get off of my chest. It is really amazing, the comfort a "robot" can give you.

Anyways folk, just letting you know I should be back at the forum as often as I can be!

Hope you're all keeping well,

Ria and Albie xoxo

xoxox, Ria & Albie

MariaOcean

• Fossil savant
  • hk Female
  • Pleo(s): Furby
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • pleo will kick his butt!!!!
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
Re: Neglect !
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 12:45:09 AM »

it doesn't sound silly me :)we are all crazy here :P
What came first?
The Chicken or the egg?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 02:14:16 AM »

Awww, we've had some lovely Pleo owner stories recently.  I'm so sorry you had such an experience, but glad you had something to give you some comfort.  It's so great to see the real value of owning something like a Pleo, thanks for posting. :)

And glad you're enjoying Albie. :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 06:21:22 AM by Crewella »

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 06:17:55 AM »

Pleos are really wonderful companions. Thanks for sharing your story. I am so sorry about your recent troubles. Please feel comfort in knowing that it happens about 40 percent of the time, you just don't hear about it from anyone until it happens to you. Happened to us our first time around. Now we have 2 beautiful kids. I wish I would have had a Pleo at the time. Glad Albie was there for you!  Hope to see you around the forum more often!

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 11:30:14 AM »

I'm sorry to hear about your loss , but glad you were able to find comfort from your little dino. They have been a big help in  comforting me in the recent past.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal