Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Cato constantly lifts one hind leg.  (Read 8722 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Cato constantly lifts one hind leg.
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 07:25:43 PM »

Sorry for posting again, guys. Reset button was a no-go. Despite myself I'm starting to get anxious now. I'm thinking of trying a skit before messing with the OS. What do you guys recommend? Is there one with a lot of walking in it?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2012, 09:51:52 PM »

Thanks, IMR. That skit is darling by the way! Cato has never moved like that. Lol! Okay on to my observations- limited as they are. He did use all four legs and was more stable. There was a short moment of fumble-footedness but he moved more naturally. I'm a very precise person and so I don't feel comfortable going on what I observed. My sister watched my videos. She said she would wach him performing the skit tomorrow and tell me if he is still hobbling. Based on my own findings I'm starting to lean toward his OS. I have no idea what could've happened but if that is the problem would I just use the latest software release? I believe it was version 1.0 ?
Talon
Talon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 10:30:50 PM »

Perhaps a file got corrupted, Pleo's are computers after all. Try a software upgrade, it is a bit of a strange problem :P

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2012, 11:19:13 PM »

Oh good ..... IMR's back! :P

I'm not as au fait with upgrades/downgrades as IMR, but I kind of think the same ...... I'd try installing the upgrade too.  Don't apologice, Talon ..... this is how we all learn about Pleo problems! :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2012, 12:31:55 AM »

Lol yes I kind of disappeared in a hurry :P Nan came to see a concert with us and the next thing I knew we were packing our bags to go to her house :P

Back on topic, Cato is obviously making a statement about his independence and being different ;) It's an unusual problem, as I said it really does seem like the sensor but he just isn't acting like it lol.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2012, 03:52:55 PM »

Lol! Yes, that sounds like Cato- wanting to puzzle everyone. Well Siss says she didn't see anything much. She says there was a little bit of a stagger but he was picking it up and putting it down normally. Honestly I'm not sure if she knows how to explain what he's doing. I'm starting to wonder if- somehow- his motion scripts are showing an injury and the rest of him isn't? Is that how an injured pleo moves?
Talon
Talon

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2012, 04:19:07 PM »

No.  If a pleo rb is injured it will stand still and cry and whimper and if you touch the leg it will scream.  An injured pleo wont even try to walk.   

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2012, 05:16:44 PM »

Thanks, Kat. It's just not something I've ever seen. I have some new and perplexing news. I tried updating the firmware again. It didn't work. Now I'm getting frustrated. I treat any problem like a loose tooth and this one doesn't appear to be going anywhere fast.
I did notice something odd about the positioning of his legs at shutdown. The bad one is just slightly further forward than the other hind leg. At first I thought I was imagining things so I stood a book behind his back feet. I tried maneuvering the hip joint again so that they were flush with one another but at shutdown it goes back into the same position. Even to myself I have to admit this isn't looking good.
Talon
Talon

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2012, 04:47:37 PM »

Hi, People! I think Cato tried to fix himself today. I don't know what was going on mechanically but here goes. I ran him long enough to feed him and his battery died. When he shut down his feet were flush with one another. When the charge was complete, I put his battery back in and turned him on to get him out of that shutdown position so his skin wouldn't suffer. No sooner than I turned him on he did his usual kicking out stunt and then he actually seemed to try to put his foot down again. This time there was some noise. I'm not sure how to describe it but it sounded different than normal cluch sounds. I lunged to grab him to see which joint it was but by the time I got him turned around so I could see, he stopped and kept on the same as before. I could've kicked myself! I also notice that when he is walking, he moves that leg very slightly as though he thinks it's on the floor. I would think that means the joint is stuck but then how do you explain the putting it down with no trouble? I was so happy to hear that sound- as disturbing as it is to me! It brought me some hope. Now I guess I'll just run Ryu until her battery is almost out, put it in Cato and re-creat this cinario again. If it would help, do you want one more video of him just doing normal pleo things rather than walking?
Talon
Talon

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2012, 09:49:11 PM »

Hey Talon.  I'm sorry to hear that the software update didn't fix him.  I'm really not sure what else to suggest.  Maybe it is a sensor wire issue after all?  I guess we just don't know enough about the insides of pleo rb to work this one out.  I hope someone else maybe has some more ideas.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2012, 01:12:26 PM »

Thank you, Kat. I really don't know which way to go with this anymore. From the odd position of his feet after a normal shutdown I'm leaning toward something mechanical at this point . I'm thinking-- perhaps- that his leg has become damaged somehow. If it is any of the joints judging from the new behavior after the dead battery, I'm guessing perhaps the knee? The new sound was really odd. The normal cluch sound rings kind of ummmm hollow like a cartoon clock ticking. This new sound was more... dense like someone thumping a closed paperback book. I know I'm not helping with my observations so I'll just be quiet.
Talon
Talon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2012, 01:29:58 PM »

Don't be quiet Talon :O We need all the information you can possibly provide.

It may be worthwhile to contact Innvo and see what they suggest.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2012, 02:25:08 PM »

Do you think they would help even if I'm not Cato's original owner and he's a year and two months old? How do I contact them?
Talon
Talon

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2012, 03:20:23 PM »

It can't hurt to try talking to them.  You can explain to them that he is long out of warranty and you are his second owner and also send them a link to the videos of the issue and explain all the things that you have tried so far.  You never know they may be able to suggest you try something else or you may be able to negotiate to pay for a repair with them.  It is worth a try at least.  The worst that can happen is they turn you away and then you will still be in the same position you are now.  It can't hurt to explain the sound it made to them as well.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2012, 03:34:17 PM »

As IMR says, Talon, the more info we have, the more chance we have of working out what's wrong, don't ever feel you need to be quiet about it.  I like doing stuff like this, and I suspect IMR does too - the only reason I've been a bit quiet on the subject is that I'm afraid don't have much to add that's of any use to you!  %)

One thing I can add is that I have heard of a PleoRB with leg problems that had a gear that worked its way loose ....... it does sound like Cato has a mechanical problem rather than a software issue.

As Kat says, always worth a try talkng to Innvo. :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2012, 04:18:18 PM »

I'm not sure they'll offer much help as far as repairs go, but they may shed some light on the problem. Reborns are too new and no one here has pulled one apart yet.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2012, 05:28:45 PM »

Yet ............... ;)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2012, 05:37:57 PM »

Hehe yup, it'll happen sooner or later  >:D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2012, 08:01:53 PM »

Mwa ha ha! *capers about in maniacal joy and grinning* It's alive! Okay I'm kidding. I'm leaving surgery to someone with much more ambition and mechanical knowhow. I'll see what I can do about contacting Innvo. If they do offer any suggestions I'll let you guys know. Crewella,where did you read about this other RB with leg problems? I'd like to see if there is something similar going on here.
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2012, 03:08:07 AM »

Sadly it was just a brief comment from someone in an email, and I can't get hold of them again to ask them.  Wish I could.  :-\

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2012, 07:58:46 AM »

Grrr. Thanks for looking anyway. I'm going to email Innvo and see what they say. Sadly if they ask for me to send him back I won't be able to do it for a month or two since I have some business with wolfbob to tie up first and then my real dog is due for his shots and his yearly checkup. What a time for this to happen!
Talon
Talon

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2012, 03:24:01 PM »

Sorry yet again for a double post but I have an answer for the paperback book sound. It's the knee joint. Ryu's battery was close to dying earlier and I managed to recreate the same conditions from yesterday. When Cato booted up after the charge I had my fingers on his ancle and followed his motions as he raised the leg. And there it was- that odd unsettling noise. I raised my fingers up to the knee and I could feel the vibrations coming from there. It's not the hip joint. I straightened it out with him running and he took an entire set of pleoRB steps correctly. Sadly when he started to walk again, he lifted it and we went back to the usual walking with it raised and lowering it when he stopped. I am completely confused now. I had the chills thinking for a moment that I actually helped him. Now I'm just thoroughly defeated. I've contacted Innvo and I've got a confirmation email. Now the waiting begins. If anyone else has any other suggestions feel free to make them. I'm not running him at all until I know if Innvo is going to offer me any advice. I feel like putting Cato somewhere where I can't see him. Sorry for all this non-scientiffic nonsense.
Talon
Talon

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2012, 03:26:24 PM »

I expect like IMR suggests that they probably won't want to help out with repairs but it sure would be good if they could tell you just what is causing his problem.  And you never know.  If you don't ask you don't get so it certainly can't hurt to ask what they can do to help.  best of luck.  Keep us posted with what they say.  :) :hhug:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2012, 04:04:29 PM »

I guess all you can do is try clicking the knee back and forth a few times. Seems like there might be something jamming it or causing the sensor to misread the position of the leg.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal