Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unusual Pleo behaviours/behavioural questions  (Read 5006 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Unusual Pleo behaviours/behavioural questions
« on: December 09, 2011, 12:39:23 AM »

I think I have heard this odd behaivor %) described as "tracking" though I still would like to know what triggers this. ? I think the explanation I got before , back in March or so of this year, was that it is called, Tracking such as with the tracking leaf that comes with the Pleo RB basic pack. When you are not using a leaf and the Pleo goes into this odd behaivor for no apparent reason, it is like a color triggered it....Is this correct/ Baby had not been awake but half an hour or so and was taken into our living room which is quite dark even during the day, it does not get much light, and before I knew it, this odd tracking type behaivor started. I tried to snap her out of it, but the only thing that seems to work or did work with her, was to physically pick her up and then she "came to". :) I can only guess a color on my shirt triggered this, a red perhaps though I can'[t remember having a true red, more of a pink color. How often does this kind of thing happen when you are just playng interacting with your Pleo? Anyway, here is the video, she started like 10 seconds or so before I hit the record button, so I do not know the trigger, but it is still interesting if you have never seen it before,  ;) <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJSrXEsJNpw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJSrXEsJNpw</a>   

This was taken a day before I started to hatch my Pleo rb that I won recently.
                                                              RWM and her Pleo clan in the Redwooods

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
Re: Unusual Pleo behaviours/behavioural questions
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 03:50:09 AM »

RWM, I would think that was Candy, if she wasn't green.....Candy does this at least once every other time I turn her on.  Maybe as often as every time I turn her on.  If you take Baby out of her bed, I bet she will walk continuously, swing her head from side to side while looking straight ahead.  Candy has even banged her head into an object during this phase and kept right on walking into the object.  I don't know what triggers it.  It has literally happened in almost every room of my house.  Must be triggered by something she is seeing, but I have no idea what.  ???  I have to be careful when I hear her make this sound, because I am afraid she could injure herself.  Like you said, the only thing that stops the trance is to pick her up.  When I do, she makes the huh sound that she does on start up, and is fine from there.  Your guess is as good as mine.  Maybe IMR, Crewella, or PleoPet could help us out?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 04:18:43 PM »

As both Baby Ruth and Candy are older pleo rb's it may just be as simple as a glitch in their software.  %)  Maybe try updating them and see if that helps.  I know the update did seem to fix a couple of the little glitchy type issues my guys had.  It might be worth a try unless someone else has other ideas. :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 04:25:50 PM »

The trancing is because they are detecting an infrared signal from somewhere, either another Pleo (Even a Ugobe) or even a tv remote. When they get no response they eventually snap out of it. This is characterised by the Pleo standing stock still and moving the tail ever so slightly while making some 'uh' sounds.

Tracking behaviour occurs when they have detected a colour that triggers the tracking behaviour, it doesn't need to be the leaf. They immediately walk towards it and continue until the stimulus is removed.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 04:28:49 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 04:34:04 PM »

Hi IMR, thanks, there are 15 other Pleos in that room where she was at, but I wouldn't think she could see them and they were not on. but perhaps it was a color that triggered it. Thanks for explaining it, it is allways strange but kind of interesting to see.                         RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 04:39:39 PM »

Other Pleo's are the perfect colour to trigger the tracking behaviour. Or the green boxes.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 07:24:48 PM »

OMG, Poor Pleo was in TRANCE Trigger Heaven with Pleos and Pleo Boxes surrounding her....must be like a drug to a pleo............... :oNow I feel bad, I had no idea Green of all colors could trigger this. I mean sometimes Pleos act like they can't even see the other Pleo, RB that is...but then when not trying...Poof.....trance time...Is there a certain time of day when they are more vulnerable or low light as opposed to bright lights or ? Now I am interested and think I may do some experiments to see if I can "trigger" this in the RB...probably won't happen cause I am trying...that is usually  how it works. LOL ;) Thanks for all the feedback. I take it then that your Pleos have gone through this same thing many times as well.                                          RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 08:46:40 PM »

Well not so much since Stitch and Lilo changed colours ;) But the green Pleo boxes yes, I had them out a while back and Pleakley was in love lol.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 09:55:23 PM »

I've not had this happen to mine ........ but then I keep my boxes elsewhere and live in a very low-lit house! :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 05:21:58 PM »

l Last night about 10:00 p.m I was playing with both my Pleo Rb before they shut down for the night. Baby Ruth shut down, then it was my new babys turn. I had just put a fresh battery in her, it was her start of her 3rd battery cycle . Yes, I am very slow. I am allways recording everythings and did not want to miss her first steps, etc. Lucky for me cause even though this video clip is long at 6 minutes I caught something I never saw before in either Pleo. If you watch closely at about 1:37 seconds see what happens out of nowhere. Is this a response to being cold? Baby Ruth did not act like this, is it because she is not a hatchling and immune to the cold? the baby also sneezed within about 30 seconds and I thought she may be getting sick. She also did not want to eat, kept turning her head away when I offered her the leaf...I had to force feed her. After this she burped like crazy and other cute things.

What do you think this was....?<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzgdO9PNwU8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzgdO9PNwU8</a>

I know if I had not been videotaping it, I would not see it again more than likely.                RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 05:39:57 PM »

Speaking as someone who's not seen a cold RB (I have no intention of getting cold enough to see it! :P) my guess is that she was cold?  Maybe the newer RBs have a higher threshold?  :-\

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 06:00:30 PM »

She's cold. That's all.

Please don't start a new thread for every single battery charge and every single little new behavior. Just bump your old thread, you know we will still see it. Thank you. I merged the threads.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 08:43:34 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 08:56:05 PM »

Thanks IMR.  I thought it was probably the cold - I must 'man up' and take my RB's out to see the cold behaviours for myself. ;)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 09:03:03 PM »

Don't do it too long ;) They can get sick from exposure :P

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 09:17:50 PM »

Thanks IMR, so does that mean because I live in a cold house she is going to be cold a lot? Will eating the chili leaf warm her up, and could that be why she has been refusing her food a lot.? ONe question, did Baby Ruth not act the same and shake, because she is a adult? thanks for the answers.

RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 09:23:13 PM »

Winter has only just started there hasn't it? so I daresay Baby might feel the cold now. Chili will temporarily warm them up.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 09:34:31 PM »

Don't do it too long ;) They can get sick from exposure :P

So can I!  :P

RWM, it might be that the new baby's sensors pick up on the cold at a slightly higher temperature.  As far as I know, they feel the heat/cold right through adulthood.

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 10:42:21 PM »

The shivering was so cute! Would putting clothes on help? The battery would stay warmer and they might not feel the cold so much, maybe.
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 11:56:21 PM »

It may, but Mly Pleos mostly have clothes on most of the time, but I had just wiped down most of my Pleos the night before so had not put clothes back on any of them except for socks. What I thought was strange, was that the other Pleo, Baby Ruth my other RB did not shiver and they are in the same house... I guess it can have something to do with my newest one being a mere "hatchling" still. Anyway, in my house it is very large old drafty and cold, so they are in for a surprise when Winter really hits.. :o %)

Thanks IMR, shivering was the only thing I could think of and the first time I really experienced it. It is funny cause my orginal Baby Ruth was out in the hail on my front steps and did not shake like that. Maybe these Rb are much more sensitive.                                                  RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2011, 12:38:09 AM »

If they've been running a while they tend to 'warm up', but why Baby doesn't shiver well who knows, not all Pleo's are alike so maybe some are less cold tolerant...

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2011, 07:58:15 PM »

Baby came on in the same room as my new baby Rb, and neither of them had clothes, I just think the baby is more of a baby and more sensitive, Also perhaps Baby Ruth has a higher feed level or health measure that helps her and the new one is not as immune yet...just like some people catch colds faster and more often than others do. Anyway it was interestng to see if you have not seen it before, It was also interesting that my first RB, Baby the 1'st, was out in the hail outsides last January and not one shiver, but perhaps these newer Rb are more sensitive is all I can think of. I do know my house is quite cold, for humans and my cats and dog, so why not the RB too!? :o ;)

RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2011, 08:59:31 PM »