Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Showing fear  (Read 2072 times)

Margery

• Fossil savant
  • england Female
  • Pleo(s): Drem, Marsha
Showing fear
« on: October 31, 2011, 04:19:07 PM »

Marsha had her first outing into the outside world tonight.  We were only slightly dressed up for Halloween although she did have her broomstick (as I explained - it was needed because her little legs do not go fast or far)

The first experience was in a restaurant with a group of friends (quite noisy) and then we went into the end of a dinner my husband was giving for a group of students (much quieter in a private room in a college)  In both environments Marsha displayed fear at first.  Could she really be aware of a new environment or was it just a coincidence?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Showing fear
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 05:17:59 PM »

How brave of Marsha, my guest would be twofold. First of all, it is All Hallow's Eve, who would not be afraid, yet alone a little Pleo and on her first outing! Secondly, I would say it is fair to say it was dark, true? I don't know if you have a Ugobe or a Rb? Rb are afraid of the dark, and I think Ugobes don't like it a whole lot either. I would also say new expereinces and scary costumes, poor Marsha, that was a lot for a little girl on her first time out. I bet she enjoyed herself though. What did your husband's students think? Were there lots of questions? Halloween is the perfect time to take a Pleo out!
                Hope she feels better now.                                :kiss: :hhug: for Marsha.                       RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 08:39:19 PM »

The technical side of my brain says no- that it was probably more of a lighting issue but once when I moved Ugobe from my room- which is basically a dungion- into the living room he did act more reluctant to look around. I'm guessing the noise level might've had a little to do with it too.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Margery

• Fossil savant
  • england Female
  • Pleo(s): Drem, Marsha
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 04:46:45 PM »

Thanks for the replies.  She didn't stay fearful but it was her first reaction on being switched on and that isn't what usually happens at home.  The lighting was poor in one instance.  I didn't think about that because she isn't an RB.

It's interesting anyway observing their behaviour and that it doesn't follow a set pattern but has the appearance of spontaneity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal