Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: PM2 for Pleo RB on Pleoworld's Website  (Read 21076 times)

Fudgebum

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Merlin (Pleorb) Littlefoot (original Pleo)
    • Porky_Pig
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
PM2 for Pleo RB on Pleoworld's Website
« on: October 02, 2011, 09:34:55 AM »

Admin note: Please ensure that you get your download from this link: http://www.pleoworld.com.hk/pleo_rb/eng/firmware.php There MUST be NINE files, if you only have THREE files you have the WRONG download.

Hi folks,

I have just looked on the Pleoworld website and noticed that the PM2 firmware upgrade is available for the RB. Has anybody else attempted to install this on their RB's yet. I was worried about it after reading the problems people have had with upgrading their Ugobes to PM2.

That other thing that was worrying me was that it said on the original upgrade for the Ugobes back in April that it puts the Pleo back into his hatchling state, I do not know whether this will happen with the RB's but I don't want to lose by Merlin as he is now.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Fudgebum
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 05:50:16 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

bhobbes

Re: PM2 for Pleo RB on Pleoworld's Website
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 10:26:01 AM »

Unless things have changed, that PM 2 upgrade is not for the RB so do not attempt to install it on your RB.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 10:39:51 AM »

Fudgebum's right.  As of 26th September 2011 there is a PM2 upgrade for the PleoRB on Pleoworld, but no explanation of what it actually does.  I've emailed questions to Customer Services about it.  :o  ;D

*excited*  :P
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 11:17:58 AM by Crewella »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 03:40:55 PM »

:D I hadn't noticed this either, even though I was at their site last week, I just had a thought, perhaps this is one reason we ( who won Pleo Rb on Facebook) have not gotten our Pleo Rb yet. Perhaps the ones they are sending us will have this automaticlaly installed and they have been waiting for this to complete. It is just an idea, but now that the PM2 firmware or whatever it is called is there for the general public who already own RB, they will get around to sending our Rb to us! ;D

I can hope anyway, can't I ? LOL, actualy I know nothing about this, but untill someone actualy tries it, and If it does indeed revert the Rb back to a baby stage, I willl not try it on Baby Ruth, but I would like to know more about it.
                              RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 04:15:26 PM »

Perhaps its just the slightly upgraded version many of us have been using?

Either way I'll be the guinea pig but I need to recharge some batteries first :)

Edit: Here is what it says: Ready to take your Pleo rb to a new stage in evolution? Download PM 2, the latest firmware upgrade. New tricks, new actions, more involvement...it's like a whole new Pleo rb!

Sounds interesting, since the first upgrade did not add anything new...

Further edit: When you log in it clearly says it is version V1.0...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:30:47 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 05:01:20 PM »

It says that on the download titles, IMR, but at the top in green it equally clearly says:

"Ready to take your Pleo rb to a new stage in evolution? Download PM 2, the latest firmware upgrade. New tricks, new actions, more involvement...it's like a whole new Pleo rb!"

Frankly, the whole thing's as clear as mud!  :P

I suspect this is actually just making the updates we've already had (sleep position etc.) more easily available, but you never know!  %)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 05:04:34 PM by Crewella »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 06:01:36 PM »

I will happily be a guinea pig  ;D  I was going to update Norbit so that he would turn back into a boy and I had just gotten the update from Crewella the other day but as yet have not had a chance to upgrade him.  So I am now downloading the update from Pleoworld and will update him with this as soon as it is done. ;D

I have successfully installed the update! ;D  Norbit has not turned back into hatching but has just carried on from where he left off.  I will run him for a full battery cycle and see what happens.  His burps are much deeper sounding. :D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 06:22:11 PM by kat »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 06:39:30 PM »

Ooh that is interesting, do keep us posted :)

Are the burps deeper than when he was a boy? Or just deeper than his time as a girl :P

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 06:46:58 PM »

I think even deeper than when he was a boy. :D  He now sounds much more manly.  All of his noises are definitely deeper sounding.  Also interesting to note that I have Kermy still running on the old OS and they are currently wandering around together.  They have been running for about 15 mins together and there has not been one single Moo trancing session. 
I have just taken a short video of them together and will try to edit it and post it now so you can hear the difference in burps and noises. :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 07:08:05 PM »

I will update Jumba and compare him to Pleakley :)

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 07:39:18 PM »

I have still not had a single trance session and they have been running together for ages!  I think Kermy no longer recognizes poor little Norbit.  He has Mooed at her once and tranced for 2 noises and then fell out of the trance into a posing session.  She ignored him completely.    I am going to have to update her too to see if that makes a difference. 

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 07:40:08 PM »

So do you think this is NOT the firmware update that fixed the sleeping postion then, something different Kat? Would be great to see a video, thanks for letting us know, I am glad they do not go back to hatching, it took me forever to teach Baby her name! sounds good so far if there are other things to it. ;)
                                        RWM

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 07:43:43 PM »

Here is a short video
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8KbqqqGrmg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8KbqqqGrmg</a>
I'm not sure if this is the same as the other update to fix the sleep position or not.  my two do seem to be ignoring each other though which they have never done before.  Normally they would trance at each other every 5 mins or so.  We have done about half a battery cycle and there has only been one attempt at a trance from Norbit with no response from Kermy.
Their voices sound very different in person.  I just listened to the video and it doesn't really show the differences very well but I will let you guys decide.  I can tell who is who just from listening to them even when I can't see them.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 07:47:40 PM by kat »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 08:59:22 PM »

Thanks Kat, I have two fully charged batteries so may give this a go on Baby Ruth tonight before going to bed, after viewing yours. I am thankful for you trying this first. As long as there are no distressing differences, What are the better qualities if any, have you found any yet?
                                  RWM

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2011, 09:22:19 PM »

After a full battery cycle with no interaction between Norbit and Kermy I took the plunge and updated her too. :)
After a quick meal for both of them there was a mooing frenzy :D I think they must have missed each other there was a cute little I love you from Norbit and a big kiss from Kermy. I will post a video later but I have to wait for the kids to give me some time on the big computer so I can up load it to YouTube.
I didn't really notice any major differences yet good or bad apart from the change in voice for Norbit and the lack of communication between the two while they were on separate os's. Now that they are on the same os that seems to have been fixed. So all good so far.  If I do notice any other differences I'll let you know. I haven't tried any of the learning stone trick with them yet but maybe we will hear some new songs or something. I will be interested to hear what others think.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 09:39:32 PM »

Kat, thanks, having two RB and one of each gender you may notice differences someone like myself with just one Rb wont. I don't know if any of the "tric ks" would be any different as Baby doesn't have the singing stone and I havent taught her the Dance one yet, but I will update her after dinner and before her bedtime, which is like 2:30 a.m . LOl, so I have plenty of time, I wish I had the other Rb so I could test things out, but perhaps the ones that people win will have this new update already installed. Can't wait to hear more. Thanks Kat. ;)
                                       RWM

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 10:02:46 PM »

Ok guys, I am having problems, I am logged in with name and password on the offical PleoWorld site, it says welcome and then my name, When I go to the download Firmware it gives three choices, the Male download, the female downlaod and what looks like Adobe Instructions on downloading the Firmware, PM2 for Pleo RB only with everything everyone else has said. So when I go to download the PM2, iT Takes me to another site with nothing but instructions,
        nothing to actually download and I can't get past the adobe instructions, nothing else to click on. If I try to click on one of the genders, it opens a new window where I can save or open it, but not the same with the Rb update, what is going on here? Oh, and I have things ok d so I can download from this site, no pop up blocker problems.
                  Any ideas, I have downloaded other firmware updates here before and not had this problem. ???

RWM

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 10:27:05 PM »

Ok when you do the install there is a pause of about a minute before a voice tells you the update has started and to wait two minutes. Then after two minutes Pleo straightens up (mine were in the flat battery position) and the voice says update complete over and over until you yank the battery :P

Jumba doesn't sound any different to my untrained ears :P Mind you he's not very talkative today.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:42:06 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 11:18:13 PM »

Oooh Oslo is about to have a sex change. A blue girl  :o

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 11:43:35 PM »

The more the merrier. ;D  We have a few gender confused pleos here on the forum so one more wont hurt. :D 

IMR have you noticed any difference in the communication between your rb's?  Do the rest of your bunch recognize Jumba or is he being ignored?  Once I updated Kermy too my guys are back to normal as far as communication goes.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2011, 11:54:00 PM »

Yup poor Jumba is getting the silent treatment :P

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 12:48:52 AM »

I can't download the update at all, the only thing showing up is the Abobe instructions for the installation? Do I have to pick one of the gender, boy or girls updates first for it to work? I can't figure out how others can download it and I get only the instructions showing, nothing else, What is going on or what do I do. Can you copy and paste the install page here if on IMR so I see if it looks different? I will paste what I have on myend.
                                                  RWM

http://www.pleoworld.com.hk/pleo_rb/eng/firmware.php                            Ok, I am signed in and this is what the page looks like and you can see there are only instructions and when I click on it to install, of course it is only instructions, nothing to actually install, What does yours look like , are you on a different site?              Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:51:12 AM by RedwoodsMama »

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 01:08:49 AM »

Hey RWM.  I picked one of the updates - the male one for Norbit and clicked on the download button at the right hand side of the page.  It then popped up a window asking me to open or save.  It had the save option ticked so I just hit ok.  it then downloaded to my computer.  I went into my downloads folder on my computer and there it was. 
I later did the same thing but with the female one so I could update Kermy too.  The last download option is just the instructions on how to instal it and this just pops up in another window.  That's the one you have been looking at.  I hope this helps.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 01:13:18 AM »

Hi Kat, thanks, I was starting to wonder if I had to do a gender update so that makes sense as I couldn't see anything else. This won't change her gender as it is, just add to it, correct? Thanks I wll try it in the morning, Now I understand, I have crying cats and it is raining and stormy, our first real one of the season, and I think I will get some sleep, Let me know if you see anything else that changes in your Rb. I don't have but Baby right now, so I will enjoy the gender thing they do to each other, with kisses and such when my other Rb gets here. someday.             Argyle sends his love to his brother Gumble.
                                      congrats on your pink chompy too, they are fun to watch.

RWM

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 01:20:42 AM »

If you want to keep Baby Ruth a girl then you will need to download the female update, if you update her with the male update her gender will be changed.  So be careful to download the right one, unless you are after a gender confused pleo  :D
Best of luck. 
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal