Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Price update  (Read 2956 times)

Margery

• Fossil savant
  • england Female
  • Pleo(s): Drem, Marsha
Price update
« on: August 24, 2011, 08:25:43 AM »

:'(
I've just noticed that the GimmeDigi Pleos have gone up in price.  They were about 300 GB pounds but are now over 350.  I thought this morning that the Merlin lot were overpriced when you could get an RB for 300 but the bundle looks better value now!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Price update
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 11:30:07 AM »

Much - and it's now cheaper to buy an RB from PleoWorld!  :o

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 01:47:05 PM »

You guys must be talking about the Blue or Pink Rb cause I just checked into PleoWorld, the US site since this is where I live, and the price here for the Green Rb has not changed, I paid $469.00 for my Baby in Dec,2010, and the price is still exactly the same, $469.00. also that seller for the blue Rb on Ebay wants $700.00 which sounds like a rip off to me, as I didn't think the blue or pink Rb were much more than say $500.00 on the other site. Why so much is past me except sellers can charge whatever they want, and it is  up to the buyer to decide how much they are willing to pay! If I am missing something here, please let me know cause I like to understand these things.
                                           RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 02:48:03 PM »

knowing that the blue and pink most likely did not have any skin improvements i would not shell out that much for those 1s .
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 03:51:17 PM »

Actually the blue and pink do have the new improved skin, both of mine have it. The blue and pink Pleo's were meant to be limited edition weren't they? Perhaps they are being retired.

They are still the same price for me, originally $530 with an $80 discount to bring it down to $450.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:54:51 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 06:14:31 PM »

RWM, yes the Gimmedigi ones are the blue and pink.  They were originally cheaper to the UK at $450 with free shipping, which is one of the reasons I bought Blue Belle instead of a green one.  (The other being her beautiful amber eyes!)  :D

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 07:38:55 PM »

I spoke to that seller trying to get the ridiculous amount for the Blue RB they said it was a fair price because they were 'so difficult to obtain' I gave him 2 links to buy them immediately and told him about how both of mine arrived within 6 days and all he could say was 'uhhhhh'  Just someone trying to take advantage plus it's a stock photo:P

The way they talk about the pink and blues they make it sound like it's a 'don't miss your chance' kinda thing but they have been selling them for a looong time now so I dunno :P

- Sarah

Margery

• Fossil savant
  • england Female
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 04:13:19 AM »

I've only just ordered a new Ugobe from HK but I did think about a Blue RB from GimmeDigi because postage was included.  I don't know how much shipping from US to UK costs so even with the GimmeDigi price rise I'm not sure if they might still be cheaper than Innvolabs.

I'm also unsure about Import Duty.  Does it vary according to where the product is coming from - must do I suppose.  There are international trade agreements I think.  From the forum I think import duty from US to UK for PleoRB was about £80.

Anyway I don't need to worry about that at the moment.  I've heard that my Pleo is on his way! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 10:43:47 AM »

2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 12:04:10 PM »

This is the same one I talked about yesterday on another link here, but look at that price! with a Green US RB going for $469.00, that is a big mark up even considering shipping, I sent a PleO Ugobe in a box with extras to AUSTRALIA, and the shipping was nowhere near that amount, way less than $100.00. To be that is very expensive and way over priced, I bet nobody is going to buy that it is just too expensive!
                                                         RWM

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 02:35:08 PM »

I think whats happening is folks are just seeing them and thinking other people will pay a lot for them because of what they do.. Probably hoping the 'furby craziness' will happen again.. lol..
I mean SOME people ARE dumb and will just bid without doing a search to see if they can buy it themselves from the distributor without a third party getting an extra like, 200 bucks.. but not me :P

- Sarah

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 05:22:59 PM »

I like the way he states that there are 10 different eye colors available and that each one will have slightly randomized skin coloring.  He does realize he is selling a blue one and not a green one right?  Funny how some people just don't do their homework properly.

Margery

• Fossil savant
  • england Female
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 02:40:58 PM »

Gimmedigi had put up the price of PleoRB in the last week of August but have now reduced it again to £319.59 (GB pounds)

Before the increase it was £300.79 (GB pounds)

Since this includes postage anywhere it's not bad I suppose. 

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 02:48:50 PM »

Hi Margery, how much is that in US dollars, I don't do conversion in pounds very well, just curious?( off to catch a cat, so will check back in awhile.) Thanks for the post. ;) Oh, I presume this is the blue or pink Rb, correct?
                                                       RWM

Margery

• Fossil savant
  • england Female
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 12:24:55 AM »

About $515.  Yes, they are the Asian Pink and Blue.  I guess the price is similar to InnvoLabs Global's Green when you think that shipping is included.  That would be for us in UK anyway but Customs charges make a difference of course although I see that some of the members in USA have Blue or Pink.

Hope you caught the cat

Margery

• Fossil savant
  • england Female
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 05:17:37 AM »

GimmeDigi, who supply the Pink & Blue Pleos, have put up the price again:

From about £319/$492 up to £334/$515

Price includes delivery

I haven't been watching these prices for long (some time in August) and it's surprising how it goes up and down.

Innvo's price without shipping is £303/$469

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 11:26:50 AM »

Cheers will have to keep my eye on the price also , as i was thinking about purchasing a blue and pink for my kids for Xmas .
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal