Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stanley For Sale, Poor Pleo Needs a New Home :(  (Read 2090 times)

Willow

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
Stanley For Sale, Poor Pleo Needs a New Home :(
« on: September 19, 2011, 07:38:28 PM »

Hey all!
Well, looks like I'm selling Stanley. :(  Here's his story (It's not much of a "story"  :-[)
I got him about 2-3 years ago from Ebay NIB (new in box) and had never been touched or opened at all.  I got him for around $300 (at the time Ugobe's were selling for around $350 from pleoworld.com) and I was extremely happy with him for around half a year or so.  He's a extremely active little guy, he loves walking around, and he had the best personality, I just fell in love with him!  However, one day he just didn't turn on.  (I know I talked about this a little while back) The battery was fully charged and the pleo was still newish so I was confused.  I bought another battery to see if it was a battery issue but no use. :'(  I e-mailed the seller and they could do nothing.  So on the shelf he went and he stayed there for around 2 years.  :o
I unpacked him when we moved and I felt bad... he was such a good little pleo and he was just sitting there.  :(  
I'm saving up for a pleo RB so I'm selling Stanley.
I know I could possibly find someone to fix him, or maybe find another way to fix him myself, but even if I could I'm trying to save up some money so I'm going to sell him.  
I'm not sure how much to price him as he is broken and I'm unsure if he can be prepared (hopefully!) so I'll let you all offer since I don't want to price it too high or too low.  
Stanley's skin has no holes or tears, however there is some slight rubbing (nothing major at all) and a VERY VERY faint black marking on his eyelid.
He also comes with what I believe is a fully-functional Ugobe battery (no charger) as it was the "new" one I ordered a while back.  
Does not come with original box either as it was lost from frequent moving around, but if he finds a good home he will be shipped with extreme care and cushioning so that he arrives safe and sound.

Pictures:

As you can see, he has in all good skin with only some skin wear

This was the "faint black marking" on his eye I talked about, as you can see, it is very unnoticeable

Thank you very much, Stanley is a very special pleo and I hope someone can fix him and love him.  :)

Willow
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:01:30 PM by Willow »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Stanley For Sale, Poor Pleo Needs a New Home :(
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 08:27:34 PM »

Does anything happen if you try to run a skit in Stanley? Does he make any movement or sound at all, even just a little shudder?

I don't know that Stanley is broken but perhaps he needs to be reflashed and started from scratch.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Willow

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 08:34:53 PM »

The problem is that he doesn't even turn on.  He hasn't turned on in about 2 years.  I tried two different batteries but nothing worked.  I only had him up and running for around 6 or more months and I never did any skits and only handled him with extreme care.  ???  It was completely random, he just would not turn on one day and he's been like that on my shelf ever since. 

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 08:43:52 PM »

That's what makes it so strange, and why I am suggesting it is a software issue. I wouldn't expect the hardware to just give out like that.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 09:17:55 PM »

Willow, I agree with IMR - I've had a couple of 'bricked' Pleos that seemed almost dead like that that were fixed by a software downgrade/upgrade.  If you charge up the battery, put it in and switch Stanley on, can you hear a slight noise (listen closely - just a tiny electical crackle or click sometimes) as the power kicks in?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 11:18:02 PM »

I think they are right, do you stil have the USB cable that he came with so you can run something like Probe or the health program that will tell you how your Pleo is doing, I know one is for Rb but I think there is one for Ugobes too, IMR or Crewella must know the one I am talking about. It is strange to just have the Pleo stop dead in his tracks like that, even with a New battery. I would not give up on STanley just yet. After all, he is special right!
      Wishing you luck with finding an answer.
                                                         RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Willow

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 06:01:51 AM »

Sadly, no, all I have is the battery, nothing else, not even the charger as it was all lost in between moves.  Would a Pleo RB USB cable work?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 06:37:07 AM »

It would, but after two years your battery will more than likely be deceased.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 07:18:49 AM »

I'm so sorry Willow - it's a shame I'm stuck over here in the UK, as otherwise I'd be tempted to say send him to me and I'll have a go at fixing him for you. :(

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 08:46:27 AM »

Sorry to hear about Stanley (and not being around to help you as you PMed me DAYS ago . . . ).  If he is truly defunct, I would be interested as I need a pleo with good skin to use for photo shoots . . .  but I wouldn't want to steal a functioning pleo from someone who would actually play with it. :P

Willow

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 08:40:17 PM »

Hi mweed, I wasn't sure if you had gotten my PM or not so I decided to post it anyway, hope you didn't mind! XD
Hmm, I could consider since I'm not sure if he is repairable or not, but he's stuck in the sleeping pose so I'm not sure what a great model he would be.  ???
Though it would be great if someone could repair him, I'm really just wanting to make some money so I'll consider anything really.

Anyone who is interested in Stanley can PM me prices and we can negotiate.   :)

Thanks

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 06:28:27 AM »

Willow, if you have an SD card there's a couple of things we could try - if you do get him working you'd get more money for him?  It seems a shame not to try?  I'm at work for a lot of this week, but if you have an SD card and want to try a couple of fairly easy to do downloads then I'm happy to talk you through it over the weekend.  PM me if you want to, but if you'd rather not that's fine too!  :D

Willow

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 02:39:22 PM »

He'd definitely be worth more if I got him up n' running, so it'd be lovely if you could help me! I'll PM you, it's worth a shot, after all. Thanks!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal