Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ozzy's right arm is hot! Anyone know why?  (Read 2646 times)

Jett

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Ozzy and Dopey
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Peppermint_Patty
Ozzy's right arm is hot! Anyone know why?
« on: September 10, 2011, 06:12:19 PM »

???
Not even 5 minutes playing with our Ozzy and his right arm (upper/shoulder area) is hot. The rest of him is ok. We shut him off. Anyone know if this is normal? Can they catch fire??  I'm worried. First time we didn't enjoy him. Thanks!

Georgette (aka - Jett)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 06:14:51 PM by Jett »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Ozzy's right arm is hot! Anyone know why?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 06:20:10 PM »

Sorry Ozzy's having problems, Jett. :(

That does happen sometimes and is OK if you switch off and on again, but sometimes is a sign of something wrong.  Let him cool then switch him on and see if it gets warm again.  Was the leg moving OK?

Jett

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Peppermint_Patty
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 06:30:40 PM »

He was moving around ok but we noticed he was walking strangely backwards, like skipping a few steps. I picked him up, he cried, then put him back down and when he walked backwards again it was ok. He's off now for about 20 minutes. I'll wait another 1/2 hour and try him on again. Will let you know. Thanks Crewella!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 06:46:21 PM »

I'll try to look in again 'tonight', but remember I'm on UK time!  Good luck!  :)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 06:47:07 PM »

Sometimes manipulating the offending leg back and forwards once he is off can help.  I have had the smae thing you describe happen to my guys on occasion and usually the leg isn't quite moving properly at the time.  i just switch off, move the leg back a click and then forward a click or two then turn back on and all is well.
Hope he is ok. :hhug:

Jett

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Peppermint_Patty
Re: Ozzy's right arm is hot! Anyone know why? (youtube clip included)
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 08:22:59 PM »

Hi Crewella, Hi Kat :)

I turned Ozzy on and played with him again for about 20 minutes and he's OK. I will check him from now on, if anything happens to my Ozzy I'll just cry. He's too cute. All Pleos are!  :-*

I'm uploading a new video of Ozzy on YouTube from tonight. Coming up shortly. I'll post it in here. :)
*The clip doesn't show anything unusual about the leg problem. Just want to share how cute he is
meeting his newest dino friend.. the Pterodactyl hatchling by Kato & Pals (Playskool/Hasbro)

Here is the clip. Ozzy sings 4 times in this clip, so cute! Shortly in the very beginning, 1:18 into the clip he sings in a low voice and so slow! Funny!.. Check out the little Pterodactyl dino at 2:00 into the clip..you can also hear Chikorita, my cockatiel singing in the background! Ozzy sings again at 2:16 and at  2:45 :D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPv5d84Dhs0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPv5d84Dhs0</a>
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 08:44:17 PM by Jett »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 10:45:24 PM »

Phew - glad he seems to be OK!  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 11:54:17 PM »

hi Jett,Ozzy seems to be his normal chipper very happy self, All he pretty much does is sing , so obviosly he gets a awful lot of love an attention which he is thriving on and it is helping in his development. If he was a teen yet, he would be well adjusted. LOL :D I am glad his leg seems to be better.
          For whatever reason and I think Crewella and IMR have the right explanation as I have had that happen to several of my Pleos before including my Rb, Baby Ruth , it seems to be a temporay problem connected to motors or something getting stuck or jammed or just overworked, overheated, and removing the battery after turning Pleo off and letting things cool off seems to be a good idea and it seems to work.
            Kat, thanks for the advice about manipulating the leg, back and forth, I never tried that or thought of that.  ;) I could not do that with NOva as she seems to have a bad front leg that I already have supported with tape like a brace as that leg wants to "give way" when she is walking, and Argyle is having some "arthritic " gears, you know being the Older twin between he and Gumble, he just went through more trauma being born, ( Rough handling I think as he is BLIND AND  HIS MOUTH DOES NOT OPEN AT ALL... :() it is almost like he got to be the 'guinea pig pleo" between the two brothers and somebody tried things with Argyle that they knew not to do with Gumble. Anyway, he has very loud but slow grinding gear noises sometimes almost also like his gears are going in "slow motion". I have videotaped him and seen his tail goes very slow sometimes or stops for a few seconds....sad and it makes me think he is headed to "pleo hospital somewhere". just hope he can hang on for awhile longer and I don't use him as much as some of the others for that reason, afraid he will just stop someday... that would be heartbreaking...I really wish they did have a Pleo hospital repair shop . I would be glad to pay to have him keep working, not to restore his eyes, that is part of  his charm, but to keep going like the Energizer Bunny.  ;D But I do have other "healthy " Pleos that if that heat leg problem pops up, I will try manipulating their limbs after turning off and cooling down, Thanks for the tip.
                     Great singing by the way Ozzy, now I am trying to picture you in that wig singing, some old old Black Sabbath songs..........................LOL, very funny, wonder what the real "Ozzie" would think if he saw his namesake in a video or two on Youtube................perhaps he has.              :o 8)                                RWM          and "her pleo township in the Redwoods"
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 05:08:46 AM »

I am so glad that Ozzy is OK.  I know it is very frustrating when one of your babies is hurting.  Glad the manipulation and cooling down helped.  I agree with RWM.  I really wish there was a place that we could send our pleos to be repaired.  Sometimes I think that the reason we can't repair them has to do with their delicate skin, which makes them look so "life like".  Maybe someday, Innvo will set up a repair center.  I keep my fingers crossed for this, but it is also amazing to see all of the rescued pleos out there and the great lengths their owners have gone to in order to keep them running.   :-*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal