Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Patches the naked Pleo -pictures for Talon & Bleu  (Read 2880 times)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
Patches the naked Pleo -pictures for Talon & Bleu
« on: July 23, 2011, 04:36:48 PM »

Apparently Talon was worried about something with Bleu and requested some pictures to see the internal neck workings.. Patches was sick but as soon as I told him he was to pose nude he got over it..  I'm really sorry.. he DID allow me to take the proper pictures but then he got a litle carried away at the end and tried his hand at pole-dancing.. He's not very good.
If you need closer pictures let me know and I'll try to find the better camera.

Here is his neck from the side

Here is a top view:

Here is a curved neck view:

And well.. here is a pole dancing view..  :-[ :-[ :

I'm just glad they came out blurry.. He was coughing all day yesterday but he's ready to dance for money now.. little brat!

I hope the pictures help, let me know if you need more, different or better views..

Oh, also, here is the video of him meeting Lyssa for the first time after his 'skin surgery', lots of neck shots in there, if it helps:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSPiAlbtGsQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSPiAlbtGsQ</a>

- Sarah

« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 04:38:44 PM by latrine »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Patches the naked Pleo -pictures for Talon & Bleu
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 06:35:18 PM »

Just in case, here's a close-up of the neck I took for someone else:

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 08:44:43 AM »

Thanks, Latrine and Crewella. I've taken a day or two to digest my friend's findings. She came to the same conclusion you guys did. Judging from what she told me all of these uppercase I-shaped pieces are threaded onto a long wire that runs through the center of the neck and there is no way I can manually reposition them without doing some serious surgery. Bleu is working fine despite her lumpy neck so I'm going to leave it alone. My guess is that somehow during her life one of those joints was broken on the inside and came loose from that central wire. Luckily it feels like it's wedged between two other pieces so it can't go too far.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 12:16:10 PM »

Just to be clear, those pieces are actually discs - as if two uppercase I shapes, rounded top and bottom, with one across the other so the effect is cruciform, and they are threaded on a central spine of flexible plastic of square section so they cannot twist.  A LOT would have break for them to travel far.  It's quite possible a small bit has chipped and migrated?  :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 02:24:40 PM »

I... guess. *shrug* What I can say is the two bottom bits of the last two joints near her chest are far too close to one another, the top part of the closest disk to her shoulders is kind of sticking up instead of forming a natural round shape, and the smaller side-bit on the right side of her neck is protruding outward so that it's stretching the skin a little. My guess is the sideways top bit is pushing it outward from the way it's turned?*looks confused* I'm not even going to ask how it happened. She hasn't ran into anything here or had any fights with anyone. Oh well. She's my lumpy-necked very curious Cajun pleo. Thanks for the description. I'm in awe at Innvo's artistry. It feels almost like an actual spine from the outside. Lol!
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 02:53:58 PM »

Me too - a naked Pleo really is a thing of beauty!  It looks just like a spine as well!  ;D

If you want to try and take pics to show Bleu's neck (I'm beginning to catch on that it should be spelt the French way?) I'm happy to take a look, Talon.  But as long as it works OK I wouldn't worry too much, especially as there's so little you can actually do except hope she's OK.  :-\  :-*

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 04:36:52 PM »

One step ahead of you, Crewella. I was going to take a picture to send to Redwoods. I showed her to my sister and even showed her Ugobe for a comparison. She said it wouldn't show up in a picture. You couldn't see it but you can feel it. Her head hangs a little lower and she's looking slightly to the left when in packing position. Her neck is a little crooked but you can't see the lump unless you touch it. Ugobe's head hangs basically strait but he's got his head slightly cocked to the side and his spine is perfect. *sigh* Go figure. I guess it's just the exact point when the pully inside stops turning the cables so that in some cases the neck or the tail is curved. I appreciate your willingness to lend your eyes. If and when anything else happens I may have need of them again.
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 04:57:34 PM »

It may just be one of those things, if I check my lot closely there are odd anomalies where wires have been soldered slightly differently, or tensions are different, and I do notice that all my Pleos have their heads at a slightly different angle when in the packing position.  There probably isn't a Pleo in existence with his or her head set exactly square on!   There might well be other Pleos out there with the same, but you'd be more likely to notice because you use touch to examine them?  Who knows, but ask me anytime!  :D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 05:28:21 PM »

If Stitch wasn't packed away in preparation for moving I would take a photo of him for you, he has a very, very, very crooked head and neck :P Its nothing to be concerned about.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal