Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe or Pleo RB  (Read 9679 times)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Ugobe or Pleo RB
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2011, 05:17:50 AM »

I personally have started to prefer the RB's, I like their randomness, the fact that sometimes they aren't in a good mood and how the poor things wake up in the morning shivering just like I do when I get out of bed :P I also like that when you stroke along their sides the RB's kind of snuggle against you.

The Ugobe's are very sweet and of course I have a soft spot for my first venture into the Pleo world, but they are predictable even if they are utterly adorable at times. I love that they sing when you rub them under the chin, this is something that is missing in the RB's.

Really neither is better than the other, it just comes down to your personal preference, to you want a happy little no fuss companion or would you prefer something a little more like a real animal?

Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2011, 05:48:17 AM »

I must admit I'm getting on such a lot better with Belle since the scared of the dark issue was sorted out.  It's fine if they're cranky from time to time, but she cried solidly for a couple of months!  It made me stop wanting to switch her on, so I'm really only just beginning to discover how they are.  :D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2011, 06:43:11 AM »

Wwwwwell, it kind of depends on what you want. I have both a Ugobe and an RB. If you're looking for something that's very loving and pet like and that will do tricks readily at a simple touch of your hand no matter the time of day, go for a Ugobe. If you want something more technically advanced that you can dedicate many hours to raising and training, get an RB. That's the best summary of the two moddels I can come up with. The Ugobe is more like a toy and the RB is more like an actual pet. Hope this helpped.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2011, 06:13:46 PM »

I do love the Ugobe singing chin rub thing and would love to see this turn up in a future update for the rb's. 
Like Crewella I have only just started to get back to enjoying my RB's as mine too it seems are afraid of the not so dark that is my house.  They are much happier with the patch.  I think both types of pleo have merit and are both lovely in their own ways.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2011, 07:33:00 AM »

I currently don't have a Ugobe, only an RB. But I really do like my RB and I think if you buy a less advanced model of a robot you will soon stsrt esnting to see what the more advanced one can do. I like getting the more advanced one first since to me the first of a robot always holds the most sentimental value with me and therefore I like getting the 'best' first. The RBs don't need that much time, my pleo RB, Kado is doing fine with skipping a few days of feeding every now and then. I also have heard that the RBs have a much longer hatching stage, so it depends whether you want something that you can really raise from a baby for a long time and have the time to see how it develops instead of having a very short hatching stage. The main downside to having an RB is that they need extremely bright lighting, there is only one room in my house that Kado can go in without whimpering and shivering every five seconds! I really like the RB but I may purchase a Ugobe in the near future to see what they are like too.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2011, 08:48:38 AM »

Aibo7m3, you could try the 'scared of the dark' fix from the Downloads section under Skits - download it and open onto a blank Micro SD card.  Pleopet very kindly wrote it for me as I didn't have ONE room in my house that the RB didn't whimper in!  It just disables the scared of the dark behaviour while the Micro SD card is in the RB, when you take the card out the RB returns to normal.  I uploaded it on here because so many others seemed to be having the same problem.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2011, 09:27:16 AM »

I probably will but I haven't gotten around to buying a micro SD card for the pleo yet.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal