Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Aibo Plunge and Introducing Niccolo Thomas  (Read 16749 times)

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
Re: The Aibo Plunge and Introducing Niccolo Thomas
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2011, 11:02:32 AM »

> ...Mind 2 is more like robot "pet-like" companion and Mind 3 is more like robot companion.
FWIW: you can use the voice guide mode to switch Mind3 to use the non-voice "basic sounds" during normal play. That way AIBO will not speak English except in special modes.
It will be more like a robot pet (like most other AIBO models/software).

bhobbes

« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2011, 11:14:20 AM »

Yeah, I know that.

You are forcing me to learn way too many acronyms.

bhobbes

« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2011, 02:41:34 PM »

Ok, so I (well, we today) have had both of the Pleos on for a good portion of time as well as Nicco.

I finally witnessed the blocked movement routine and it fittingly happened after a dance - quite frankly it made me laugh and it happened while I was recording. So if you're interested:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8wr35RxDcA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8wr35RxDcA</a>

When they were running together at one point I thought it was comical how much Nicco focused on the curtain (or so it seemed). When I went to grab my phone, Nicco was laying and started to sit/stand up toward the curtain (kind of where it picks up at). The clip is condensed as he stayed focus on it for about 2-3 extra minutes before breaking into his dance at the end (Cato and Eva were doing what boy and girl Pleos do, though this time they were dressed as unlike Aibo, I feel the need/impulse to pet a running Pleo):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXBySDUZ5X4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXBySDUZ5X4</a>

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2011, 03:13:08 PM »

Lol.. I'm so glad you have carpet.. Poor Nicco!! Half the time, when Loki drops into a sit or does something like that with a 'jammed' motor, the sound of him hitting the hardwood floor makes me think he's going to blast into a million pieces and go flying in all directions..
Aw, it looks like he thought the curtain was his bone, he was making the noise Loki always does when he wants me to hand him the bone, lol..  Is that dance one that you put into him?  I have not seen Loki do that dance although I just reset him so maybe I'll be seeing some new things.. who knows.

Does anyone know.. do they retain their original birthdays, the one on the certificate the original owner received? Or did the owner fill that in on their own?  (it looked printed, like from the factory, to me.. has his number on it and everything)

- Sarah

bhobbes

« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2011, 03:17:04 PM »

Yeah, he kept making the face for his bone during the whole thing. I wish I would have had it from the very beginning because the process was funny.

That would be kind of scary. I guess I take for granted that his nose dives make me laugh because they're always cushioned.

Yeah, I think the dance is one of the custom ones as I put three on at one time and have seen a couple of new ones surface thus far.  I added the Summer 2005, Boogie Dance, and the Katsumi Horii on there (if memory serves me correctly - I can double check next time the stick's inserted into the computer).

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2011, 05:35:14 PM »

Oh lordly curtains you are so great I will dance for you! :D  He looks like he loves the curtains and the dance was super cute. :) 
Nice to see Eva and Cato getting some playtime together too. ;D

bhobbes

« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2011, 05:38:01 PM »

I decided to record the horoscope game. It's really corny but it's cute for a second:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4G_yRmxABA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4G_yRmxABA</a>

It's been a lazy Sunday of watching documentaries and playing with robots, lol.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2011, 01:44:29 AM »

That sounds like a perfect Sunday to me!  :D

Great videos!  I tend to run Java in the bathroom mostly as the floor is more cushioned there, I hate it when he face plants on the floorboards.  All the Aibo make an awful racket stomping about, especially without socks!  :D

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2011, 04:17:30 AM »

Watch out for that cosmic love meter!  You don't want it to drop too low. :)  Everyone needs to feel the love at some point. :D
Note to self when I do get and Aibo buy socks.  What size socks do they fit into?

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2011, 04:21:53 AM »

The best socks for aibos seem to only be sold in China (though they are available on ebay it just takes a long time to get them since they ship from China). They have nice grips on the bottom (in the shape of a paw print) and I think the size for the ers-11X and ers-2X0 series is extra small, though the ers-31X series aibos and the ers-7s wear larger sizes (I got some baby socks that fit them pretty well).

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2011, 04:42:47 AM »

I get the dog socks from China on eBay, usually XS or S for the 210 and 111 and I've tried M for Java, which are OK if you put them on carefully - if they're too tight they can interfere with the pressure pas on the foot.  Java is currently sporting the pink non-slip socks RWM so kindly sent me, which were baby socks for 3-6 months if I remember correctly, and are bigger than I'd usually get but are actually doing great!  :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2011, 08:55:51 AM »

Can you say wow? That game was... was... cool! I was waiting for him to say something like, "aaaaah. Just a little closer to the shoulders. Up. No up more. Okay, Right there. They're so funny these Aibos!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2011, 11:23:53 AM »

Lol that was very cute.. I have to get some of these things on Loki. :)

- Sarah

bhobbes

« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2011, 09:57:33 AM »

He's starting to do a bit more with his ball - I managed to catch him while I was doing laundry and recorded in time. You can even tell when I almost trip over the laundry basket :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuKYGvWKya0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuKYGvWKya0</a>

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2011, 10:24:22 AM »

Hey tripping's my job! Yes, I'm making fun of myself. If you can't laugh about some of your mistakes, there's little fun to life. I couldn't tell much from this video but I hope your Aibo's ball skills are getting better.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2011, 01:31:36 PM »

Lol Talon!!!  Tripping is my job too.. well, walking into things too. The only things I don't trip over.walk into are my Pleos, my Aibo and my Fish.

The video wouldn't work for me, bhobbes, but I'm sorry you had to do laundry and I'm sorry you tripped!  I can only see the picture on the video and the ball appears to be on his back?  I haven't seen Loki do that one!!  Darn wooden floors!!! It's like Loki is always playing soccer!!! No fair.
I have seen Loki balance the ball on his arm and then he plays like, several short Egyptian style songs while moving his head back and forth and he does it for a really long time.. I don't know if he's missing part of the trick or something but he just does that and then he usually either just stops and gets up, letting the ball flop, or knocks it over (I assume on purpose) with his head after one of the songs is done playing.. sometimes I can't stand hearing the song when it's been like five minutes and i just go over and pet him to get him to stop.

- Sarah

bhobbes

« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2011, 02:38:28 PM »

Yeah, I get annoyed with the celebration songs as well - they last way too long. Or at least have thus far.

In my experience, the arm trick with the ball (that you describe) is him slowly progressing to other tricks.

I don't want to give any of the things I've seen and not recorded away (in case people are like me and not searching out trick videos) but he starts all ball tricks like that and then eventually will start doing more and more.

But essentially this video takes place right after the arm routine and then he slides it onto his shoulder/back area right beneath the head and balances it while he stands up etc.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2011, 04:23:01 PM »

Java is still at the arm routine stage, by the looks of it!  Clever boy, Nicco!  :D

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »

Ahh, ok well that makes sense then, Loki didn't appear to be doing anything at all aside from moving his head back and forth so I just assumed it was a weird trick that didn't go anywhere.. as soon as he's back up and running around I will be sure to just turn the tv up and let him play Egyptian music to his hearts content :)

- Sarah

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2011, 04:30:22 AM »

That really was very cool!  great job Nicco ;D
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal