Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: T-rex tries to eat Regis and Kelly  (Read 2142 times)

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
T-rex tries to eat Regis and Kelly
« on: April 20, 2011, 10:42:35 AM »

I just thought this was funny.. I hadn't known about this dinosaur show "walking with the dinosaurs' and they brought one, probably a long time ago (I'm always behind on these things!), the smallest one from the show, a T-Rex, to the Regis and Kelly show, which is usually pretty funny anyways, I think.. but it's an amazing dinosaur.. I guess it's a costume/puppet/animatronic thing.. someone is obviously walking inside of him, not sure if someone else controls the mouth/eye/tail movements.. but it's just pretty cool.. that's one 'costume' I would love to have..  although I think my dogs would have heart attacks.. :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPF_uU61als" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPF_uU61als</a>

- Sarah
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:44:56 AM by latrine »

Lina

• Pleozoologist
Re: T-rex tries to eat Regis and Kelly
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 10:59:05 AM »

Wow that was really realistic! I would love to see the show, I wonder if they will do scandinavia as well? :)
Really funny!

fimoman

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 01:34:33 PM »

Oh yeah, the Walking With Dinosaurs arena show. Just one of the many theatre shows I'd sell my soul to get tickets for.

Oh, and if you think that dinosaur in the video is impressive, remember, that is the SMALLEST one in the show. Just wait till you see it's mamma!

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 06:35:25 PM »

I love Discovery Channel's dinosaur specials. They still occasionally do them. Yeah I've seen that going on ("live" dinosaurs via "puppeters") at my local Natural History Museum.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 04:08:04 AM »

This show was at our local arena last year.  I didn't go because I felt my daughter was too young and would be frightened by the large animatronics.  Some from my office went and said that it was amazing.  I do hope that it comes around again.  From the video on the local news station, I think they had a really good turn out.  Kristy, I have downloaded quite a few of the Discovery Channel's dinosaur specials from iTunes.  They might be on other internet outlets as well. 

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 10:05:22 AM »

Grrrr! I don't think South Carolina is big enough for something like this but who knows? Maybe one of the bigger areanas might be able to host it. Anyways awesome video!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 11:52:09 AM »

Yes, I know that Sara. Of course over the Internet.
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 06:37:01 PM »

I loved that show! It was made here so I was one of the lucky first few to see it :D

The tail, head, eyes etc are controlled off stage as is the sound. The person in the costume is just responsible for moving it to where it should be on stage and the main positioning of the body. The larger dinos are controlled by specially designed vehicles at the dinosaurs feet. During the show these are all hidden by fog and special lighting.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 11:10:40 PM »

Congratulations on seeing it. If it's still around or touring, I may be interested in seeing it myself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal