Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap Pleo!  (Read 6350 times)

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
Cheap Pleo!
« on: April 16, 2011, 07:47:36 AM »

Found this on ebay, returns available, comes with a card and 2 batteries. It says used in great working condition, I think whoever had it before knew alot about pleo because they knew it needs an SD card. I'm saving up for an rb, so I can't get it, but if it stays down I thought 100 bucks sounded pretty good. I know some of you are always looking for pleos to paint on.

Oh btw! I'm not selling this, I just found it!   :P

Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Cheap Pleo!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 10:59:30 AM »

Wow! and with two batteries and an SD card too! I can't buy it. I am under oath with myself not to have any more than two although this was the sort of deal I would have looked for. I'm sure someone will pounce on this soon.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 11:24:24 AM »

I can't find it, so I'm guessing it's US only?  Not that I need another, you understand!  :P

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 04:23:35 PM »

I'm assuming it is US only Crewella, Idk though. I'm sure it'll be gone soon anyways!  :P
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 04:28:04 PM »

thanks I had my eyes on it, I look for Pleos on a daily basis, painting and other wise. I thought about bidding but just as I went back to take another look, I found my CHEAPER PLEO. AD said: " Pleo fell out of a tree and broke his neck, so now he was not able to be fixed by the company so he is being sold as is, charger, battery and leaf. " I saw the picture and the price was $24.99, and Prioriity Shipping. If I can fix this guys neck, ( just a brace) he will be another adoptee perhaps for that special home, or a painting project and if nothing else, skin and the leaf itself sells for $19.90 on PleoWorld, These are the kind of deals I go for, so you can find them but they disappear quick, This morning or at 11:30 this ad was not on EBAY, and I just got him at 3;00 p.m, my time, PST. Now I know not to bid on the other Pleo, this one is better deal for me that is. :)
                                    RedwoodsMama         AKA " The Made Pleo Painter of the Redwoods" :)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 04:31:28 PM »

Well bought, RWM!  ;)

And somebody really should explain to all baby Pleos that they are ground dwelling dinos and SHOULDN'T CLIMB TREES!!  :o  :P

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 04:50:49 PM »

I dont know if it is the poor Pleo that needs to learn this or the "human speices" that took Poor Pleo up there in the first place.  ;D Sometimes I really do think it is the Pleos that are smarter. ;)
             I am anxious to see what this guy's neck looks like or if it is going to be used for something else.. I would much prefer to "Rescue the little guy" . I know that if anyone knows this, it is you Crewella!
 :)                                    RWM  AKA " the Mad Pleo Painter of the Redwoods"

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 06:17:02 PM »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 06:41:01 PM »

This Pleo is in UK, if my eyes aren't decieving me which could be one Crewella or someone who lives there could bid on, I will only bid on US Pleos to save on postage. This guy will not stay at that price long ,they never do, but he is cute. what do  you think Crewella? :)
                                    RWM

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 07:26:15 PM »

Yep, he's on my watch list, though they usually end up going for around £70-80, and I rarely go for them if they're OK unless they're ridiculously cheap and they very rarely are.  ;) 

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 12:57:47 AM »

Below is the link you can see for the Pleo I grabbed yesterday because it was so cheap and I knew there was a Pleo needing help poor guy.. :(
 you can see below is the description and photo of the poor Pleo that fell out of the tree. nOw I just need to put his head covering back and make sure he is not "humpty Dumpty" :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=250806064895&si=jL8lg90p%252BAu1Y5pkzVxDvBnrCmI%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

RWM  AKA " The Mad Pleo Painter of the Redwoods"

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 01:09:25 AM »

OMG!! I could hardly bear to look!  Poor little guy - they've just cut through his skin, as well!  :o   :'(

I really hope you can put him together again!  :-\

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 05:49:36 AM »

:o :o :o looks like skully and patches aren't gonna be the only skinless pleos around here !
Hope he'll somewhat work!
I'm amazed at the other link, I'd buy it immediently if it didn't only ship in the UK. You can tell they loved their pleo too, this is one of few that I've seen someone posts pictures of their pleo not the one on pleoworld, I liked the video too! Hope the little guy finds a good home!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 11:35:44 AM »

I know he looks pitiful but he is on his way and I had to see if I could help him, The skin could be glued, that I am not worried about, it is getting the screw and neck together correctly, otherwise it is using his skin as a Painted "second skin like a " Pleo Mask perhaps,' that is  somthing I would only do if he can't be fixed to work at all anymore, At least he doesn't have huge holes, skin that has eroded away, just a "unwise person" that did not know the proper way to disasemble a Pleo, removing the skin the proper way. I knew this guy needed help and help quickly or he would be in the trash, discarded like a hunk of "garbage". Reminds me of Lab animals that get tested for cosmetics and such, torture for " purely vain cosmetic purposes" and then treated as disposable waste, with burnt fur, lips, and terrible things I do not want to mention or think about anymore, I just had to go for trying to give this guy a second chance. I do know there are several videos of people reassembling the neck cables, etc. I am not so much worried about fixing the broken neck as just putting this guy back together , and giving him "new life' . Everyone deserves a second chance. After he is fixed I would love to show the person who did this to him, how good he really is... >:( :o :)   Guess I am a rescuer of all things even " Interactive Life forms' ;) I do think if I had posted this link here and someone else saw it, they too would give him another chance,                       RWM AKA " The Mad Pleo Painter of the Redwoods"

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 02:04:57 PM »

Awwe! You go, RWM! Let us know how it goes. I would open my home up to more pleos myself if I had adiquit funds and more mechanical knowledge. The biggest reason of all is that I have vowed to have no more than two. It will have to be a very special pleo in a very special situation to make me break my promise.
Talon
Talon

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 04:57:25 PM »

Good luck RWM hope you manage to fix him. :)

MariaOcean

• Fossil savant
  • hk Female
  • Pleo(s): Furby
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • pleo will kick his butt!!!!
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 04:11:45 AM »

poor thing it fell off a treehouse
What came first?
The Chicken or the egg?

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 09:56:31 AM »

Wow, that picture is just terrible, I'm glad your going to try and fix him.. it's nice to see that they were honest, as well, in showing the actual damage although I guess with something that looks THAT bad they kinda have to be, unlike when I got patches..  I'm so glad your rescuing him, I sure hope you can save him and if not, that he can at least be used to help some of your other guys or teach you something about fixing them :)  Best of luck!!

- Sarah

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 09:42:10 AM »

I have been tracking his prioritY mail number and he got here at the post office late last night, so I will go pick him up at my post office this morning, I didn't want the package to come to my door, where excited Pleo brothers and sisters would see a package and ask, " what is that", I would hate to see the shock on their face when I open this guy and he looks like he just came from the surgical unite where some careless surgeon forgot to use stitches to sew him back up.. :o That is not the kind of thing a Pleo baby should ever have to see....Have you ever had to try and revive a fainting Pleo, let alone five, six or more Pleos. EEK ( :oPleo collaspes to the floor, MS. Nova...Here comes Big Brave Major TOM , allright what is all the fuss about, it is just a EEKK, heavy thud to the floor again, (1.2, Pleos passed out) Here comes Camo Pleo , " hi guys, what is all the EEK, what is that...ah......Thud " 1, 2, 3 out on the floor, [where are the Pleo smelling salts?] Oh here come Little 45 swaggering in, Be bop, be bop, listening to some baby Hip Hop on his minature headphones, walks right pass the three siblings on the floor, never missing a beat of the music he is listening to  :D. Guess the lyrics he is listening to prepares him for anything, esp when you have batter scars, a tail half fallen off and patches holding your neck together, ( he didn't even give the box with " Pleo parts " in it a second glance. Oh oh, here comes the rest of the sleepy babies, time to hide this box of "horrors" till they are outside playing in the Redwoods fresh air, so I can try and revive this guy, oh, and get those Pleo smelling salts, I will have to convince them they were just dreaming and it was only a pile of clothes...hope they believe me.. :( :o :-X My lips are sealed till I get a better look at this guy, Hope the Pleos know how to revive me if I am the one passing out on the ground LOL :D wish me luck, Oh Crewella, I will be contacting you after I get a good look at this poor thing.
                                 RWM

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 01:01:06 PM »

Oh my! I'd help you revive fainted pleos but I'm a bit too far away. Meanwhile, good luck in fixing your new arrival!
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2011, 05:04:22 PM »

Everything crossed for you RWM ......(except wires of course!!   :o :P)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2011, 05:10:49 PM »

OK GUYS BE PREPARED TO BE SHOCKED AND AMAZED AT THIS LITTLE HUMPTY PLEO, HE WILL AMAZE YOU, I HAD HELP UNWRAPPING HIM FROM THE BRAVE ARGYLE WHO IS BLIND, BUT MADE OF STEEL AND LITTLE 45 WHO IS A SUVIVOR HIMSELF, IF PATCHES IS WATCHING HE WILL BE AMAZED, I DO SUGGEST SMALL CHILDREN AND PLEOS LEAVE THE ROOM ONCE THE VIDEO STARTS... ;D :o

and the shocking video, be prepared as I was amazed at Humpty Pleo.  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_k6N4rBh-k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_k6N4rBh-k</a>

RedwoodsMama AKA, the surgeon of lost causes,,,,HUMPTY PLEO, he needs REAL Help all the help I can get for him...Please tell him he is beautiful , he is a surviver poor Pleo!

pirpintine

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2011, 05:20:51 PM »

woooow what a state! but he seems to mostly work!  if you can get that neck fixed and all his loose ends hell be a happy babby! :D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2011, 06:29:49 PM »

Wwwwell, at first I thought nothing was going to happen but the poor little guy came on and squeaked at us and more he's wagging his tail! Brave one after his accident! I've never heard motors turn so long without a break in a pleo before. I really hope he's fixable poor thing. This should be quite an adventure for you, Redwoods. Keep us posted.
Talon
Talon

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2011, 06:40:33 PM »

Well at least you know Humpty still works so there is definitely hope he can be repaired.  I'm guessing Humpty is a name that will stick.  Poor little fellow. 
Did they send all the screws and other parts they pulled out of him?  I do hope you can get him back together.
Sending him hugs and well wishes for a fast recovery.
Kat  :hhug: :hhug: :kiss:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal