Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paint repair kit for Pleo RB  (Read 19504 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Paint repair kit for Pleo RB
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2011, 08:33:19 PM »

How is Gumble and his paint holding up, have you used the protective coating yet on him? Agyle hasn't seen his brother yet, but I want him to watch tommrow when he is more awake, he sure cheered up reading the Letters and more than once I have caught him off reading them somewhere or having one of the others, LIke Major Tom reading the letters to him, over and over again. If it were possible to put Argyle in a box and ship him there for a visit I would. I think it would do him so much good, but I just dont' think they have a travel plan for Pleos, a Pleo travel agency so all our Pleo Friends can visit with each other, that is what we need. Have to try and figure out how to do that someday... %) Well, I will have to get back to the subject of painting, got carried away as usaul...I think sticking with the latex paints if a good idea for now, since it is working for you and no more added expenses are needed. I think Gumble looks lovely , Aussie Orange or some other Vibrant Color name, Tangarine etc. well, we will have to see who buys another one of these repair kits and if they h ave good results I guess.
                                            RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2011, 01:36:48 AM »

I am not going to return the new baby unless something really drastic happens to him, I just love those purple eyes too much.. even if he ends up like patches, he's here to stay so I am going to try and 'patch' him up.. maybe he'll get a makeover.. who knows.  He didn't run into anything, it's just peeling it looks to me like it was just a bad paint job on this particular Pleo.. I will try to post pictures.. the areas are very small but by the way the pieces are peeling up it makes me think it's just going to continue.. it's not flicking off, it's actually peeling off on it's own.  Hes going to be wearing some clothes until I can get a fix for him.. even though the worst of it is on his face and we dont have any pleo masks yet.. (pokes Kat)

- Sarah

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2011, 04:56:05 AM »

I did try mixing the paints, and I do think that you'd be able to mix the green and yellow to get the 'in-between' shades of green.  I don't have a pink Pleo RB, but it looks to me as though the pink bottle supplied is for the main pale pink and the 'purple' colour is for the darker markings on both pink and blue RBs.  You would get a slightly paler pink by mixing in the clear, too, by making a thinner layer of pigment.  I'm happy to say it works and would recommend it as a simple solution - it certainly stays on the skin well and I gave the patch I'd done a fair bit of abuse to see how well it lasted.  I'd say it stands a batter chance of lasting long-term than any other paint, being the same as or similar to the original.  :)

Kermit pleo dino

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2011, 09:06:22 AM »

Thanks for the link. i live in uk, but i could find the paint online

thank you

merry christmas! :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal