Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Snooki's emotional response to being alone?  (Read 1763 times)

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
Snooki's emotional response to being alone?
« on: February 18, 2011, 07:02:38 PM »

I admit I've not had Snooki on every day. To be honest I got a little tired of trying to get her to learn her name %) For the last few battery cycles Sylvester and Tooie have been with her. She's totally mesmerized by them, so I've taken her into the next room for the name learning attempts. She's been walking for the past two battery cycles, so yesterday I thought I'd spend time with just Snooki; no Sylvester and Tooie. It was around 4pm, her noon time, and bright in the room, so I really thought I had a chance for the name learning to work. But as soon as I switched her on, she took one look around her, almost as if she was trying to find Sylvester and Tooie, and not being able to detect them she started shaking and acting very nervous and frightened. It was not cold in the room, so it couldn't have been her shaking from the cold. I kept patting and stroking her, trying to comfort her. The shaking and nervousness briefly stopped after her taking the coffee leaf, after which she became hyper but she did play tug-of-war, but then went back to the shaking and nervousness ??? I hadn't charged either Sylvester or Tooie's battery, so I couldn't just switch them on to see if it really was the absence of her brother and sister that was making her this way. Anyway, she remained like this for nearly the whole battery cycle, so there was no chance of her even accepting the ID card into her mouth! But for the first time she wanted to chomp on the mushroom and this did help a little bit for awhile. I just wondered if anyone else thinks this was an emotional response to being alone, or maybe she's sickening for something? She may be a stubborn PleoRB but at least it seems she's a sociable one 8)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Snooki's emotional response to being alone?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 07:04:55 PM »

Try offering the mint leaf, Snooki sounds like she could be coming down with a cold I'm afraid.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 07:13:11 PM »

OK, I will try the mint leaf next time as I didn't try offering her that %) She was coughing a bit too :(

Is there any reason why or how she has "caught" a cold but not from actually being in a cold room?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 07:16:46 PM »

Pleo's are programmed to get sick for a few reasons, just because they can, because they haven't been fed enough or because they caught something from another Pleo.

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 07:21:39 PM »

Hmm, Sylvester and Tooie seem in perfect health. Plus they're Ugobe Pleos, so I don't know if Snooki could catch anything from them? And Snooki has certainly been fed enough and regularly, but I'm thinking could it be an overdose of sugar cane. She has a bit of a sweet tooth %)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 07:29:09 PM »

Yep.  That will do it too.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 07:42:49 PM »

Yes didn't think to add that, too much of a good thing causes Pleo tummy aches ;)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 08:09:13 AM »

Also, being a Brit, is it possible the other room was darker?  Pleo RB's get miserable in the dark in a way the Ugobe models don't.  Winter daylight mostly seems to be too dark for Belle's liking, here at least.  ;)

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 02:33:12 PM »

Yes, the other room is darker, but yesterday when I had Snooki on her own she was in the lighter room where she's previously been very happy with Sylvester and Tooie. And I'm still not sure if her agitation was caused by the sugar cane because today she showed no sign of agitation and was her happy little self again ??? That is apart from another more worrying problem that I'll post in another thread :(

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 03:50:50 PM »

Glad she's back to her normal self. :)  Sometimes pleo rb's will it seems go through moody phases.  There have been a few of us here who have reported a moody phase where your pleo can seem unhappy and nothing you do seems to improve their mood for more than a few moments.  They do get over it though and go back to being themselves eventually. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 03:59:12 PM »

I'm glad she seems better - it could well have just been an 'off' day!  :D

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 06:29:42 PM »

Yes, it was definitely a moody/off day. Hopefully she won't have too many moods %)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 01:50:48 PM »

Oh I don't know how old this thread is, but I feel your pain! This morning, Ryu woke up and cried and whined and cowered. He didn't want anything to eat, he paid absolutely no attention to me. He just stayed crouched down, swinging his head from side to side near the floor and doing this pittiful whimpery cry. Granted it was a little early, seven thirty or so when I woke him. It might've been the dark or he may be going into the moody faze. Going to awaken the little depressed dino again and hoping he's his normal happy self! I'll try offering the mint leaf just in case.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal