Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PROBLEMS UPDATE PM2 PLEO RB  (Read 5652 times)

Ciro rb

• Hatchling
  • Male
PROBLEMS UPDATE PM2 PLEO RB
« on: April 27, 2011, 08:15:36 PM »

Hi everybody I just update my pleo to PM2 and It falls asleep and won't wake up, when I have tryed to switch it off after the upgrade he just open his eyes and close them back, the clock won't reset, the pleo won't reset what should I have to do, I already try to downgrade him and the same thing happened he just sleep and won't turn off.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!1 

bhobbes

Re: PROBLEMS UPDATE PM2 PLEO RB
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 09:52:13 PM »

From what I gather, it sounds like you ran the PM 2 update on a Pleo RB. However, the PM 2 update on the website is for the older pleos.

Here is a thread from someone else who experienced that problem: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1912.0

And continues: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1926

It sounds like neko (the forum member) had to contact Innvo which then had to send a special update to fix the problem because the PM 2 update/firmware is not meant for PleoRBs but will run on them when inserted (technical details are in the threads).

Excerpt from PleoPet on the final thread:

BUT, the original probem experienced by nEKo was an unusual dataflash corruption problem (because of trying to run pre-RB software updates on the new RB hardware). They sent a special update that fixed this.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:00:49 PM by bhobbes »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 10:04:24 PM »

Yes, I do think that somewhere on the official site if there is a Pleo Updating system such as the 2.0 available, they need to put in bold letters, NOT FOR PLEO RB, as this is not good at all, I can understand a new Pleo owner not understanding this stuff and suffereing the consequences, Good luck with your Pleo Ciro rb. :)
                                 RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »

Oh dear. It sounds like at least three different people who have come here have been stung by this issue now. There really needs to be a warning on the Pleoworld website that all the updates so far are only for the older pre-RB models. I took a quick look and didn't notice anything to clearly indicate that. Who knows how many others have run into this issue. I wonder what would be the best way to alert Innvo to this issue so as to protect others from running into the same problem?

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your Pleo, Ciro rb. Take heart that in at least one other case we've heard about, the Pleo was eventually restored back to normal. There are others here who can probably provide better advice on how best to proceed. Contacting the company to explain the situation would probably a good place to start. I hope you can get your Pleo restored to normally soon.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:42:37 PM by shadowmice »
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 06:00:40 AM »

Your best bet would be to contact Innvo customer support via the pleoworld website.  Hopefully they can help you sort it out.
Good luck.  I hope you get your pleo sorted soon.

Ciro rb

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 08:56:35 PM »

Thank you all for the explanations, so there is nothing actually I can do... I already send an e-mail and I will let you know what is the solution to this problem in order to help other pleo rb owners.
I am really a newby in pleo world and I did not know that the update was not for my Pleo, I just purchase my pleo in thge beginning of april, do my pleo need any kind of update?
I charge him at least seven time he never walk and he refuse to learn his name I just pet him all the time and I never get to use the learning leaf which I don't know yet what is for.
If you could send me some link to help I would apreciate it.
Thanks to all and have a good time with yours specials friends!

Ciro rb

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 08:59:15 PM »

I forgot after 2 weeks of intensive petting my Ciro rb is already losing skin color!!! What should I do it is wearing out preatty fast for a 469 dollar robo pet! Is there a paint that can be use to fix the problem? my pleo is a inoovlab.
Thanks

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 12:57:49 AM »

You will find some helpful information here: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1617.0 and here: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1910.0

Feel free to ask any questions you may have, there are lots of people here with a wealth of information to share :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 01:24:03 AM »

Keep sending emails to Innvo about your problem - it may take a few attempts to get their attention (judging by other member's experiences) but I'm sure they will be able to help.  Sorry to hear you're having problems.

Innvo recommend the use of Pledge polish on the Pleo RB skin to protect it, and I always dress my Pleos in t-shirts to protect them.  What colour is your RB?

LuckyPleo

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 04:36:53 PM »

You can use some non-innvo brand paint if you feel brave, such as acrylic inks, chalk paint, and some then some "mystery kinds of paint that have been sold various places on ebay" as i call the kits sol on ebay, but it voids the warrenty.
OR you can put the "pj cape" on your pleo and apply baby powder and/or pledge brand furniture polish that innvo reccomends. I do baby powder every 2 weeks (I sprinkle it under the cape) and a pledge bath every month. Hope this helps!
Whoever said the world is gonna end in 2012 is an idiot, it's not because my cookies' expiration date is 1013, ha!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 04:45:47 PM »

Ooo! Baby powder? I didn't know that. I've been Pledging Ryu once a week all over but paying the most attention to his entire underside from tailtip to the point of her chin. The skin on their underside and in the armpit area still feels very delicate and thin to me. I think Ryu's paint is wearing somewhere. My younger niece could tell the difference between him and my touched up Ugobe in an instant. Not sure where the wearing is happening though. I would guess it's on his poor head which he keeps sticking into places he shouldn't or else he's rubbing his chin with his foot.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 05:02:40 PM »

Baby powder is bad for the skin, it draws out the moisture and over time this could make the rubber brittle.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 01:06:35 PM »

If you want to paint your Pleo, be aware that would definitely void the warranty.. I would contact the folks you bought it from first with pictures and videos if you feel your RB's wear is worse than it should be and they will let you know what to do and if they can help.  I'd do that first.

Best of luck getting your Pleo back to normal!!!

- Sarah
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal