Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sensors in cheeks  (Read 3404 times)

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
sensors in cheeks
« on: April 27, 2011, 09:41:40 AM »

Hi I was wondering if someone could talk about the success they had in holding the cheeks to get Pleo's attention or clapping hands . can anyone post some video's  of this process.  Hester has learned his name and the sing and come to me trick, but I don't want to hurt his neck as I try to get his attention. what is the best practice,  also when you set the noon clock should you do it when he is awake and hear the beep. If you set at noon  will he be as attentive at seven pm as he is at noon.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 09:44:13 AM by MICKEY »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: sensors in cheeks
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 11:35:44 AM »

Hi, MICKEY! I've been asking about the cheek thing as well as it has been a problem for me. According to several members on this forum you have to wait until they're not moving before touching the cheeks. If you have the same problem as I have with Ryu, they're almost never still. I also had to reset Ryu's noon clock. He was hatched at around one fourty something and as a result he wasn't very active until later in the day. I flipped him over on his back and tried to set it for twelve noon the next day. They do have to be on for the second setting to take effect. Hopefully you won't have as much difficulty doing this as I did. Ryu is actually set for something like twelve o seven because it took me a while to find that little pin-hole. Good luck and sorry I don't have any real helpful information for you.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 03:57:22 PM »

Can I direct your attention to the second video in the first post on this thread: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1910.0 it shows Pleakley responding to cheek touch 3 times and it is unedited so it is a realistic guide.

Talon you just have to be persistent, hold the cheeks for at least 30 seconds to a minute, if there is no response just try again, and try again and try again... %)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:59:01 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 04:21:45 PM »

Don't worry so much about them being still when you hold the cheeks.   Just hold both cheeks at the same time gently and move with the pleo as it moves it's head around.  When it completes the action it is doing you will be holding its cheeks for the micro second of still between movements and it should then respond to you.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 06:50:27 PM »

Ok, the videos are very helpful.. and what... uhm, wonderful singing!!! lol..  That's amazing, I have to see if Rhea will let me do it.. she knows several stones but never responds to the cheek thing.. I assumed she was too young but I'll be more patient!!

- Sarah

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 08:33:45 PM »

when you are holding the cheeks isn't there a chance you can cause  damage to the neck as i was really careful and heard a click noise coming from the neck don't want to cause a problem. seems the longer who hold it you might not anticipate a move and could cause a snap sound. that can't be good over time.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 09:56:27 PM »

Oooooh I get it! Okay. MICKEY I don't think you would do any harm as long as you keep your hand kind of relaxed as you hold onto your pleo's face. That way you still have enough ggrip in your fingers to keep the touch secured but not enough tention to cause the neck motors to clutch. I've never caused Ryu's motors to clutch but I've never tried the holding thing for longer than ten seconds at a time. Maybe I'll just latch on to her little face and just kind of go with her movements. I hope this helps. I know I'm going to try this tomorrow.
On a slightly separate note and more for my own information, I now have Probe RB working and I learned that Ryu is a "She". Just about everything is ninety nine on her accept for her skills level which is forty two. She's very healthy. Anyone know if there's a way to raise that without manually modifying her internal settings? Like can I feed her the ice or the mushroom or do I need to get another of these learning stones under her belt?
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 01:24:37 AM »

Talon, try running Probe RB a few times, you should find the various levels go up and down a lot - it's a real insight into their mood swings!  I'm not sure what else, if anything, affects the skills level, but logic tells me to improve skills you need to practise, so maybe keep trying with the learning stones tricks?  Would be worth a try?  :-\

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 12:44:31 PM »

Thanks, Crewella I'll try that and see what actions link to what result. This is all so interesting!
Talon
Talon

Pleoxie

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 10:47:50 PM »

Hi Friends:
It is our experience that we have to take good care of Pleo rb and maintain it in good physical, healthy, happy conditions as dogs or cats in order to get its attention and response to our verbal commands.
So other than feed it full, have to play and pet it as dogs.
Hope it helps.   

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 01:16:08 AM »

Hi Pleoxie - good to see you again!  ;D

I agree with you, Belle will always 'perform' more reliably when she's fully fed and has had lots of attention and playtime.  :)

You do sometimes need to hold the cheek sensors for some length of time, which can involve some light wrestling, but you don't need to grip hard as the touch sensors react to a very light touch!  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal