Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Editing existing Skits  (Read 3495 times)

danko.ba.nanko

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
Editing existing Skits
« on: January 16, 2011, 04:47:15 PM »

Hi all,

Just wondered is there a way (honestly I haven't read all instructions regarding MySkit) to edit existing Skits with MySkits editor or some other tool. Like to open existing *.urf file and change the music (importing something I recorded e.g. with some motion edit?) Not to start from scratch that is.

BR
D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Editing existing Skits
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 05:04:30 PM »

Hi danko, I would imagine you can, but as I'm still very much a beginner with MySkit I'll leave it to IMR, or someone else better qualified, to explain!  :D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 07:58:22 PM »

No you can't. MySkit does not allow you to re-edit .urf files, however, you do not need to do a skit completely from scratch. MySkit comes with a fairly large library full of pre-done movement sequences which you can just drag and drop into your current project. These motion sequences can then be cut up, moved around and generally rearranged as you see fit, you can also play them backwards, speed them up or slow them down. You can even reverse them so left is right and right is left. There is also a mouth wizard and tail wizard to make those body parts move in time to the music.

I'm afraid I don't have MySkit installed at the minute, waiting to get my new computer, so I can't give you more specifics but you will find the library in the menu bar somewhere. Just toy around with it :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 10:47:57 PM »

I'm currently working my way through IMR's very user friendly guide to MySkit, and I'm very grateful for it!  ;D

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 11:05:58 AM »

It depends on what you are starting with. Can you please be more specific?

Some background:
It is possible to strip individual resources from a URF file (and use them for other things). The main parts you will tweek are the motion (.UMF files) and sound files (.USF which can be converted to/from WAV files)
You can then repack them. If you are careful, you can repack them with an existing program. MySkit does not do this automatically for you.
In fact the library of motions provided with MySkit were extracted from the default personality of Pleo (the 1.0/1.1 version).

If you are talking about a skit you wrote yourself, it is easier to keep the original MySkit 'workbooks' and raw UMF/USF files and regenerate the .URF.
You place the .URF file (along with some PAWN code written with the PDK) on an SD card. Pleo will run that program instead of the built in personality. Take out the SD card, and Pleo will return to normal.

If you are talking about changing the default personality, the one built into Pleo, you can use a feature called "mirroring" or "shadowing". Check the forums for older discussions.
The main personality runs from Pleo's built in storage like normal, but if you have a properly named .UMF or .USF file on the SD card, it will use that instead. That way your SD card only contains tweeks to the built in sounds/motions.
The hard part is finding the resource name to mirror/shadow.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:08:18 AM by PleoPet »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 05:14:50 PM »

Thank you so much, pleopet, for expaining in so much detail.  It really helps to understand how all the little things I'm learning fit into the bigger pattern.  Much appreciated.  ;D  :-*

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 11:14:14 PM »

That requires a little more than just MySkit though ;)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

danko.ba.nanko

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 03:35:49 PM »

Hi all,

Thank you sooo much for explaining this to me. Unfortunately I had to take second job out of my town to be able to patch all things at home, but whenever I get some time you will hear from me  :D Like tonight  ;D

Well I am no programmer of any kind, I just thought one can edit e.g. music in existing Skit (not personality) where Pleo sings song and dance and leave movement and just replace sound with something I recorded singing and playing guitar so it is more familiar to my daughter. But playing with and get to know MySkit seems like best option at the end.

Thanks and BR
D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal