Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jan 14th -- Dress Up Your Pleo Day!  (Read 5375 times)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Jan 14th -- Dress Up Your Pleo Day!
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 07:01:45 PM »

Pleakly is helping me with some modeling today since both Lilo and Stitch have colds, this outfit isn't his, it is a prototype of an outfit we are making for someone else. Pleakly seems a little reluctant to take it off though :o

Stitch's favorite outfit is still his hoodie, and look, new boots :P

Lilo's favorite outfit is her pink turtle neck, but here she is trying a blue one on for size to make sure it will fit Peeky :)

Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 08:40:34 PM »

IMR, very cool pics, I love the black and red costume / outfit that Pleakly is helping to model, Until you click on it and get closer , it almost looks like a spider and very dramatic.  :D My fave is Stitch's royal blue hoodie and very cute booties. Are the booties easier to make then they look? I would love to see lilo's pink turtleneck hoodie too, It does a good job of covering her neck, and it is very similiar to one I have for Argyle, but yours is nicer as it is shorter and a larger hood that covers the neck and head a lot more,

Allo, I agree I like the sepia tone the best, it reminds me of a 1950's Sci Fi movie classic, like Day of The Dinosaur, or something similiar, the angel is cute too though.

91/23 , you have some great imagination and good detail, I love the red " away" space Star Trek outfit, It looks like Spock or another Trekkie on an away mission ....the mission is having fun. Very well done.                                          Remind myself to finish the rest of my Dress up Pleo outfits, only one uploaded so far, get busy! :D
                                                           RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

allosaurus

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 08:46:14 PM »

Sally thank you on Nova's behalf for the compliment of her outfit, but I will have to differ on the meaning of her name,  :D I know you are a librarian, but I did look up the meaning of her her name when I gave it to her so I made sure I got it right. It is like many names, they have multiple meanings, depending on where you look and the exact meaning you have in mind. See below          

The girl's name Nova \n(o)-http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Nova

va\ is pronounced NOH-vah. It is of Latin origin, and the meaning of Nova is "new". Astronomy: a nova is a star that releases a tremendous burst of energy, becoming temporarily extraordinarily bright. Chevrolet used to make a small car called a "Nova". Novia is also Spanish for "girlfriend".

I beg to differ, It may mean a particular meaning of a Super Nova, but the name itself, Nova, here is explained hence Nova = Star and becomes temporily extraordinarily bright, = bright shining star, but in my Pleos, case She is a Bright Shining Star all the time, hence the name NOva. also it is a Native American Name , Nova is a Hopi INdian word for a baby girl meaning ' chases butterflies. So Nova means both in her case, as she does chase butterflies as well, but she does not eat them!

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nova   ( another page with meaning.)
                       We do thank you though! RedwoodsMama and Nova

RWM, take it from someone who speaks Latin.  Nova does just mean 'new' or a similar word in nearly all languages. ;)   'Nova' is not to be confused with 'Novem' either.

Ah, now I'm just showing off, aren't I :P

Though the Hopi meaning for 'chases butterflies' is very special indeed!

Hold on, let's see what wikipedia has to say...  Oh dear.  I can't even begin to make sense of that....
"A nova (pl. '''') is a cataclysmic nuclear explosion caused by the accretion of hydrogen onto the surface of a white dwarf star, which ignites and starts nuclear fusion in a runaway manner. Novae are not to be confused with supernovae or luminous red novae."

And thank you Crewella and RWM, the sepia-toned picture was more experimentation than anything, but it turned out beautiful!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2011, 12:59:24 AM »

Ok, I am tired and it is almost midnight, but I just got the crew together for the final shots of "
dress up". I think the shots are self explanatory and the descriptions are in the gallery. Everyone is pretty much dressed as themselves, or their " character". Some Pleos are bigger characters then others, esp Little 45 who seems to think it is normal to walk around with a live animal on your head, like Davy Crockett. I guess if you grew up with the abuse and struggle he did, you can put a live animal on your head and that is nothing to worry about compared to some of the other things he has gone through. ( Could explain though how he got his taill all bandaged up...........sharp claws and teeth have been known to cause blood and tears in the skin...) ;D All in good fun...these guys are just all having fun. Argyle, he is just a Wild and Crazy Pleo, blind but a Animal who really can see anyway more than you or I, esp if you have two extra eyes... :o

RedwoodsMama         Tired and headed to bed                            I think and hope if Pleos wil let me and go to sleep...darn sugarcane...and coffeebean :D

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2011, 07:52:43 AM »

You have quite the cute little herd there, RWM. All real individuals, aren't they.    :)

Everyone's Pleos are looking great. I love all the different styles - each one is unique.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 07:56:01 AM by shadowmice »
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2011, 05:37:12 PM »

The dress up day was a great idea.  Loads of fun for pleos and owners alike! :)  All the little pleo babies look so cute in their outfits.   :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2011, 05:45:22 PM »

Yay finally got to see IMR pics - love that 'tracky' Pleakly's modelling!  ;D

I love RWM's football sweater too, but I'm sorry - I have to say that Little 45 is wearing the least convincing toupee I've ever seen!  :P :P :D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2011, 08:42:10 PM »

Crewella, you are just too funny. Heaven help me the day My Pleos  '[ need toupees" but Little 45 is such a character He wouldn't beleive me when I told him that the cats " Play item" was not a Coonskin cap. :o Pleos do have a mind of their own, Next time I will look in the calendar ahead of time and be prepared....it was lots of fun.
                                                                             RedwoodsMama

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2011, 09:37:21 PM »

I love all of the Pleos outfits! I sadly couldn't go to Petco or Petsmart this week, so I didnt get any new clothes :( I love Little 45's raccoon hat RWM, its so cute (Even though I love raccoons so I'd never wear one myself :P)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal