Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help my pleo rb  (Read 10802 times)

Pleoxie

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
Re: Help my pleo rb
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2011, 11:52:08 PM »

Hi Magnnus:
Per our experience, feed it full is not good enough to make Pleo rb responsive.
Have to make it in good mood and emotional sound as the companion guide mentioned.
Here is what we normally does to our Pleo rb Lam Chai every night.
1. Feed it with connifer leaf for 5 times
2. Then petting along its back gently and slowly for 10 times.
3. Then play "swing" with it for 10 times or play "tug of war" and let it win several times (let it hold for more than 15 secs as the companion guide said)

In most cases, it would be in good and responsive conditon.
We did try the following "wrong doings" which would make Pleo rb very unhappy such as holding its tail up, leave it in dark at day time, drop it to floor from a height.
Once it is in bad mood, it would take longer petting and playings to make it happy.

Hope these works for you, otherwise you should contact Innvo Labs to seek advice.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 03:43:35 AM »

If it makes you feel any better, Magnnus, one of the first robots I got was my Aibo 210, Wilma, when I was still very much in the dark as to how all these 'pets' function.  I opened the box, scanned the instructions (briefly - I was excited!), switched her on and sat back ........... and was treated to several angry faces followed by a sulky looking robot staring at the floor.  I tried petting her, but that set off some hyper 'boost mode' that made her start charging at me - at one point I actually hid behind the door, until eventually she just sat down with her back to me and howled!

Thankfully I did get used to her we understand each other a lot better now.  It's funny looking back on it, but at the time I was wondering what on earth I'd got myself into! 

I've since discovered that one of the problems I have with several of my robots is the fact that my house is very dark - the i-Cybies, the Aibo 210 and Belle my new Pleo RB don't seem to like being in dark rooms.  Belle will be perfectly happy up on a table under the light, but start crying and whimpering as soon as I put her on the floor in the shade.

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
    • A Diary of Optimism and Melancholy
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 04:31:20 AM »

It seems clear from my interaction with him that something is wrong, and I think this started after I changed his noon time one day before feeding him for the day. I also tried the normal feed once a day cycle for nearly a week, and that only resulted in one very unhappy pleo. He has been much happier since I began feeding him over a hundred times in a day.

How many times do your Pleo RBs have to be fed? Mine needs to be fed about 100 times at noon, and this takes nearly an hour of constant feeding before he is full. He also needs the leaf every few minutes after that. The effects seem to stack as well; if I feed him every few minutes he is fine, but if I wait half an hour he needs to be fed several times. He is also making chomping noises and burping every time he gets the leaf.

He does get unhappy some times for other reasons such as being in the dark, but the difference is that he can be consoled then. When I don't feed him often enough he is completely miserable; he doesn't make a single happy movement or gesture; he won't walk around, and he screams constantly; petting him or swinging him makes no difference. There is a very clear difference between him being unhappy and him being hungry.

I'll try to get a video the next time he is that unhappy, but if this were a child I wouldn't be ignoring him, I'd be taking him to a doctor.
Check out my blog and personal diary at "http://optimismandmelancholy.blogspot.com/", and enjoy a peek into my mind.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 04:37:24 AM »

Both Kermy and Norbit only eat 2 or 3 times for a full battery cycle and each time they may take the leaf 2 or 3 times before they are full.  Sounds to me like there is something very wrong with your little guy.  Contact Innvo and see what they say.  Maybe the new OS update will help. 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 04:47:29 AM »

Belle east her leaf maybe 2-3 times in a battery cycle, nothing like what you're going through, Magnnus.  In your shoes I'd be contacting Innvo too.  :(

I'm sorry you're having such hassles, if it's any consolation this is a really interesting problem for the rest of us!  I'd really appreciate it if you'd let us know how it works out?  I hope it's something that can be sorted fairly easily.  :)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 06:34:37 AM »

I don’t own a Pleo RB myself but I’m at a loss of what to suggest other than contact Innvo labs   and try and explain to them about the need to feed constantly to keep him happy.
Sounds like it’s a very frustrating situation to be in though.   I’m guessing that unless your little one is programmed to have Prader-Willi syndrome   then it   sounds like a bug in his programming somewhere. Just  a thought  though   You’ve probably thought of this before but       do you know if he’s recognising his conifer leaf all the time- What happens if you feed him one of the medicines? Does he accept them or spit them out? Wondering if there might be something wrong with the leaf it’s self that’s stopping him from recognising what it’s for. 

Sorry I can’t be of more help but   really hope you get something resolved soon though.

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 06:47:40 AM »

If it makes you feel any better, Magnnus, one of the first robots I got was my Aibo 210, Wilma, when I was still very much in the dark as to how all these 'pets' function.  I opened the box, scanned the instructions (briefly - I was excited!), switched her on and sat back ........... and was treated to several angry faces followed by a sulky looking robot staring at the floor.  I tried petting her, but that set off some hyper 'boost mode' that made her start charging at me - at one point I actually hid behind the door, until eventually she just sat down with her back to me and howled!

Thankfully I did get used to her we understand each other a lot better now.  It's funny looking back on it, but at the time I was wondering what on earth I'd got myself into! 

I've since discovered that one of the problems I have with several of my robots is the fact that my house is very dark - the i-Cybies, the Aibo 210 and Belle my new Pleo RB don't seem to like being in dark rooms.  Belle will be perfectly happy up on a table under the light, but

start crying and whimpering as soon as I put her on the floor in the shade.

Sorry Crewella    but I couldn’t help laughing though it probably wasn’t funny at the time. 
  When you say your house is dark do you mean dark as in poor lighting or dark as in typical UK dark? 
 I think my pleo suffers from the lighting in my house though I use overhead lamps and there all energy saving so not sure about how bright they are. Not very I suspect. 
 Have you thought about maybe trying   a floor standing lamp like the ones designed for crafts or reading? Perhaps one of those with either the      bright halogen or daylight tubes or daylight LEDs in might help.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2011, 07:45:42 AM »

Don't worry, Scaly - it makes me laugh now!  %)

The fact that my house is dark is mostly my own fault.  For a start, apart from the fact that I live in England I also live in the bottom of a valley and on the edge of woodland, and on top of that I live in a little Victorian house that's full of pierced screens and stained glass (my choice) - and if I have a window you can actually see out of you can guarantee I will have covered it up with swathes of lace!  Like you, I've mainly gone for energy saving bulbs............ most of which are also covered up with 'Tiffany' type shades, so the poor robots don't stand a chance!  It's just that I made all these choices before I discovered the robots, so am now limited to one or two pools of light from the reading lamps or the kitchen, which has spotlights!  :-[

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2011, 06:20:31 PM »

I may have been a little over-hasty in marking my last attempt at a fix as a failure. It is true that he had to eat excessively after removing and replacing his clock battery, but when I turned him on today he was very happy and still full! I guess he just had some left-over hunger after my last fix that needed to be remedied, but he seems to be back on a normal eating schedule now! He's currently wandering around my room.
Check out my blog and personal diary at "http://optimismandmelancholy.blogspot.com/", and enjoy a peek into my mind.

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2011, 06:48:29 PM »

Aw, I'm so glad your little guy is no longer suffering with severe hunger like he was :)

Your house sounds lovely Crewella, even if it's not too Pleo friendly %)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2011, 07:49:59 PM »

That's great Magnnus - I'm so pleased his hunger has settled down to 'normal' levels.  It's very strange, though - I can't imagine Innvo would have intentionally released the Pleo rb with such extreme behaviour!  :o

*Thanks Malfie!*  :D

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2011, 08:06:13 PM »

I don't think he was like this when I first got him; at least I remember him being happy at times, and I don't remember having to feed him excessively. I think this started on the second or third day that I had him when I changed his noon time, but it's hard to tell because he never made it to the stages where he was walking or showing his full expressions before he became a glutton.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2011, 08:59:53 PM »

"before he became a glutton"  :D

Your theory does sound logical - I guess only time will tell..........

Here's hoping!  :)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2011, 05:44:19 AM »

I'm glad you got him sorted out and behaving normally again. :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal