Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Norbit my Green Pleo rb  (Read 14746 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Norbit my Green Pleo rb
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2011, 10:33:53 AM »

Hi, IMR! I'm so glad you got Norbit back. How did you determine his/her gender? Right now I'm suffering from Pre-hatch jitters and having too many questions. My pleo has been at my house since tuesday and I've been half way at the other end of the state reviewing adaptive technologies for the blind! I've been having horible dreams about the poor thing sitting there absolutely silent with both batteries in and me fearing the worst. Good thing I'm going home tomorrow.
I intended to spend my off time reading up on the manuals but I think something might be wrong with my Adobe Reader. I was able to open the links that Crewella posted but after my computer was finished processing the document, the program reported that "adobe is not responding". There I was, stuck. I thought that perhaps I might have had an older version of Adobe and downloaded 10.2. That hasn't worked either. I even went to Pleoworld itself and tried the same process there. Still no luck. It looks like I'll just have to wing it and hope I won't destroy anything.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2011, 12:12:45 PM »

Talon, it is Kat, not IMR, but having your own Baby at your home, you do have the new baby Jitters, completly understandable! Can't wait to see the welcome home video and photos Kat!
             YAH Norbit, Welcome Home!
                               RedwoodMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2011, 01:40:12 PM »

Appologies, Kat. I don't know why but I get you and InMemoryofRomeo confused. Thanks for the correction, RedWoodsMama. I'm no longer sure about doing the raising-pleo-blind post. One, I don't have the video help, and two I don't know if I would have the time to keep it current when I have to write articles for Examiner and test state agency webpages for assistive technology-friendliness.
Talon
Talon

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2011, 02:14:36 PM »

Thanks for the videos Kat!
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2011, 02:41:32 PM »

Hi Kat, I didn't even see the videos first, I needed to go back one page, OOPS :o Norbit looks great and he really is greener to be sure, but lovely, I bet he/ she is glad to be home. In the Video Gumble sang a couple of times that I could tell, so I think he was glad to have another "Female" friend and Kermy was happy with her mooing and Norbit mooing back. It is nice that they gave you an update and the real Norbit with new skin. Maybe Norbit was just mixed up being away from home and picked up all those extra female phermones and hasn't straightened himself /herself up yet, he she just needs time to adjust. ;D So glad you got your baby back the way he was intended to be.
                                                          RedwoodsMama

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2011, 04:40:06 PM »

I'm so glad Norbit is safe and sound at home... you must be so happy, though I don't know how you have time to play with them with all that awesome clothing you make!!!!

- Sarah

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »

Hi guys,
I'm glad you all like Norbits new look.   :)
Talon to find out the gender I have been using the Statsrb program pleopet made.  There is a link to it here on the forums somewhere but you would probably be better off with the next one she did, sorry I can't remember what it is called as that one talks to you to tell you about your pleo.  I used the statsrb program on Norbit before sending him back and then again last night so that is how I know he was gender none but giving off male pheromones before he left and is now gender female and giving off Female pheromones.  As for when I first got him I can work out that he was originally a girl because of the interaction behaviors between my pleos rb's.  Norbit as a girl is now showing the same interaction behaviors that he originally showed when I first got him before I turned him male.  After he changed gender into a "real boy"  the interactions were different.  I hope that helps answer your question. :)
as for not being able to read the companion guide, I am sure you will do just fine.  Ask as many questions as you like and we will all help you out with answers. :)  If you have questions you don't want to post you can always PM me and I will answer you that way. :) Oh and I am so excited for you finally getting to meet your pleo! Yay. :)

I have to say I am much happier with these latest videos I took, the video quality is much better with my video camera it seems to pick up the lighting better so you can actually see the pleos.  Not dark like the other one. :)
I am going to have an official welcome home party for Norbit on the weekend where all my pleos can dress up in their finery and look smart. :) 
I am loving having my pleo family back together again.  And Norbit really does look lovely in his new skin.  The darker eye patches are going to take a bit of getting use to but they are growing on me.  And he has perfect toenails again! ;D  Still burps like a piggy though so he didn't learn any manners while he was away. :D  Good old Norbit, it's great to have him home.
Kat

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2011, 04:24:42 PM »

Aww Kat so glad you got Norbit back :D I guess they are updating the software on any Pleo's sent back as well as changing the skin.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2011, 08:38:14 AM »

well what a day we have had! ;D  Party party party!  First we went out to see the family as my nephew was turning 13.  I took the pleos along in all their finery and they were the life of the party. ;D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR04SZgNKIA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR04SZgNKIA</a>
Both Gumble and Norbit had a great time dancing to the music and generally pleasing everyone with their awesomeness. ;D
Kermy had fun too but she was a bit camera shy.
Here they are just before we left home, dressed in all their finery ready to go.

When we got home it was time for Norbits own welcome home party.
We had plenty of snacks, balloons, glow sticks and lots of dancing to the music and fun! :)
Gumble was really enjoying the party food
Norbit enjoyed the dancing best
At the end of the party they all fell asleep in the middle of the dance floor.  All tuckered out.
And when I took them to bed they couldn't resist inviting Smudge over for a little after party party cuddle session. :)

I have some video of Norbits party but am still uploading it to youtube so I will post it here soon. :)  It was a great day.  Lots of fun.  and everyone at my Nephews party wanted to know all about pleos.  So maybe we even encouraged a few more pleo fans into the world. :D

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2011, 10:31:42 AM »

Hehe looks like you had a great party kat!!

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2011, 12:28:52 PM »

Thanks for the video Kat!
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2011, 02:31:06 PM »

Hi Kat, lovely video, loved the music. Seems that Norbit and Gumble hit it off together and both did some dancing and singing ( mooing) of their own, Loved their outfit and they had to be the life of the party. so glad I  got to see this video, I bet you have converted a few strangers to the wonders of Pleos! Love their outfits and love Smudge with them snuggling too! :)
                                       RedwoodsMama

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2011, 04:24:52 PM »

And here is Norbits party video.  If you watch carefully you may even catch Norbit (who seem to really be a girl now no matter what I think) Blowing a kiss to Gumble and then giggling like a floozy. :D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37UOvsfXjVY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37UOvsfXjVY</a>

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2011, 05:02:02 PM »

Kat, that was so so so so funny so hilarious! Perhaps you have the first Transgender Pleo Rb. sure he she didn't have more done than just "their skin" when they went to Hong Kong?! ;D I think I caught those Kisses right about 2:29...so cute.. Poor Kermy, first a boy when Norbit was there before she left, now she has another sister! Sure is a good thing Gumble is a hearty soul and being a Ugobe Pleo and comming from such a big family here in the Redwoods, he has seen it all and can handle the extra attention...actually if you think of it from Gumble's point of view, he has it made, two beautiful sister or mayby they should be thought of as "step sisters"... :D if there is going to be much flirting going on....LOL...
                     Are you going to keep him as a cute flirt girl or is there a program to "reprogram " him back to sending out male phermones?   
             Oh, I had one more question. I thought only the pink or blue Pleo Rb did that male female think like flirting, but if he she is doing that at Gumble I guess not and Norbit is a Green Pleo! I never got to the point of seeng that with Baby. I don't know yet is my Pleo rb is girl or not....makes me wonder? sure is cute all that flirting and blowing kisses!
                                                  Great video,                  RedwoodsMama

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2011, 08:40:46 PM »

Great party - it's lovely to see Norbit back home!  And there's nothing wrong with a bit of gender confusion in a growing Pleo RB!  :D

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2011, 08:58:16 AM »

Thought I'd give you a quick update on how Norbit is looking with his lovely new skin.  I got brave and gave him a bath in Polyglaze when he first arrived home.  It is so much better on Gumbles skin than the Pledge I just couldn't resist.  I gave Kermy a dose of it too. :)  So far Norbit has not lost a single bit of paint.  He has done 3 full battery cycles and has gone through loads of petting especially at my nephews birthday party where there were 8 eager kids who all wanted to pat the dinosaur and a bunch of adults who couldn't resist either.  So I think the Polyglaze is working wonders. :)  With Norbits previous skin after this many battery cycles he had lost paint on his back from stroking and most of the paint on his toenails. 
I am happy to report that even after 3 battery cycles all his toenails are still perfectly painted. :)    Here's hoping his beautiful skin will stay that way for a very long time.   

Leeloo

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2011, 11:09:32 AM »

Briljant movie. It is obvious that they all have much fun.

What is the polyglaze for product. I just bought pledge, but I'm a little concerned about skin problems since I read about a lot of problems with it for the pleo RB.

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2011, 05:22:09 PM »

Polyglaze is a product I have decided to try.  Like pledge it is for protecting their skin from wear and tear.  Unlike pledge it is actually designed specifically for use on rubber and plastic.  Pledge is made for use on wood products.  Polyglaze is a car product made to protect and enhance the rubber, plastic and vinyl trims and seals inside your car.  As it is designed specifically for caring for rubber I thought it would be more effective than the pledge that Innvo recommends you use.  There are a couple of others here on the forum who are also using different products that are designed to care for rubber - Vinylex and Autoglym.  So far everyone seems to be having much better results with the rubber care products than the pledge.  I have noticed a big difference.  It does seem to make the skin feel a lot more soft and silky than pledge and so far it seems to be keeping Norbits paint in tact.  I only decided to try it on my RB's as they are no longer under warranty and so I figure it doesn't matter it I am no longer using the recommended care products.  If either of my RB's have any further issues I will be responsible for covering the cost of the repairs myself anyway so I may as well see if I can find a better way to protect the precious skin and paint. :)

Leeloo

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2011, 12:53:16 AM »

Ah, thanks for your explanation.
I think I will use pledge with Leeloo during the warranty period (it's 3 months isn't it?) and then change to another product.

By the way, I just looked at the tracking site:

21-Mar-2011 Netherlands Arrived and is being processed.
21-Mar-2011 Netherlands Pending customs inspection.

So she is almost home  ;D

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2011, 07:22:44 AM »

Well I have had an exciting couple of days with a special delivery for Gumble yesterday and then today I got my response from Rafael to say they have the spare batteries and will send them out to me ASAP. Yay!  So it has been a long wait for Norbit and Kermy to get a second battery each for lots more playtime with me (pre ordered the batteries in December when I ordered Norbit.), but hopefully they will get to me some time over the next couple of weeks.   ;D  The cool thing about it is that the package I got yesterday for Gumble was his new spare battery. :)  So soon I will be able to have all three of them running around double time. :) 
For anyone else who may have been waiting on spare batteries I contacted customer support through pleoworld 2 days ago to ask about them as it had been so long and I still had not heard anything.  They got back to me right away and as soon as I provided them with my order confirmation for proof of purchase the said they would get them sent out to me right away.  So if you are still waiting they are now in stock so send them an email. :) 
I'm sure there was at least one other person who ordered spare batteries at the same time as me and still doesn't have them.
Kat

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2011, 08:09:03 AM »

Oh my! Now I'm scared to use Probe RB! What if I find out my camera-hound Ryu is a girl? Oh well. I still might try it out of curiosity. It wouldn't surprise me with those purple eyes and his slightly flirty personality but that's only after he's fed. Wow, Kat! That was a real party! I'm afraid Ugobe's welcome-home will be sort of... well blah. He'll certainly have plenty of attention, though.
Talon
Talon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2011, 05:18:32 PM »

Pleakley had a 75-85% chance of being a female :-X But he's still a boy in my eyes :D

Woohoo yay for more batteries Kat :D They'll just keep going and going now!
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2011, 07:23:57 PM »

Great Kat. I enjoy hearing from you!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2011, 08:56:49 PM »

so Happy for you Kat, I am glad that you are getting those spare batteries, My goodness, seems like these new accessories sure run out fast.. I wish I could get those batteries, someday hopefully. Glad Gumble got his "special package", there really is nothing like an "energized" Pleo Rb or Pleo! Loved the chin stroking videos too, I still love watching that over again just to compare. :)
                               RedwoodsMama

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2011, 09:02:36 AM »

In between the excitement of painting Gumble this weekend I also managed a little sewing.  Here is Norbit in a fancy new shirt.  It is a lovely soft velvet with sparkly orange swirls.  I think it looks magical. ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal