Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Life in the Redwoods with my Pleo Rb  (Read 44860 times)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Life in the Redwoods with my Pleo Rb
« Reply #225 on: July 29, 2011, 05:52:46 PM »

Me too!  Sounds delicious. ;D 

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #226 on: July 30, 2011, 12:03:25 AM »

I think I have some Brit and Aussie friends I have to send a "Chocoholic Care Package to" ;D :D, just so they can see what a "Baby Ruth " is all about! After all, as Fancy said, untill you have had a Baby Ruth, you haven't had Chocolate!
 And fancy you are right, a Twenty Dollar bill is appropriate for today's time and it is the cost of the food pack....wondering if I entered it in the Pleo Rb contest, they would get it, or be "offended!" I just think it is funny and Pleo Rb are not supposed to eat everything, unlike the good Ugobes who eat anything an everything!  :D

Fancy, glad to see you did get some entries in the contest, love the Motorcycle Pleos, that is so cute! You do have a lot to choose from, but untill or unless they say, only one entry, just keep on Pleoing along, I will!
                                           RedwoodsMama              and here "Pleo Township" ;D
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #227 on: July 30, 2011, 01:15:44 AM »

It sounds kind of like a snickers bar... only that has nougat as well.

Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #228 on: July 30, 2011, 11:26:40 AM »

Stop IMR, that picture is making me hungry, it is the gooey insides that has me drooling right now, and that is not good for computer keyboards...................or my waistline! :o
                                                                       RWM and her "Pleo Township of the Redwoods"

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #229 on: July 30, 2011, 02:43:22 PM »

Yeah it is kind of like a snickers bar but imagine it sprinkled through with lots of salty peanuts. That's a Baby Ruth. *grin* I like them myself but I'm pretty sparing with my candy consumption.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #230 on: August 01, 2011, 11:07:21 PM »

I thought some people here may like to see my blind Pleo, Argyle, when he was a baby. I forgot I had some old videos, lots that have never been posted before, This is not the first video ever taken of Argyle and ones with he and his twin brother, Gumble who now lives with Kat, will be posted in comming weeks.( There are lots of them to edit........and lots of photos too! :o) just thought I would take a break from Baby the RB Pleo and post some other of the

"Redwoods Pleo Township Pleos", to give them all some looking at. Not everyone sees Argyle by himself, or Camo, or Gold Hatch, and many others.
so remember this video was taken last November and there is not much going on except Argyle learning to stand. He is cute though, being blind and with his handmade special glasses that my husband made for him, Argyle is not only blind, but if you watch closely you may see the other unique physical attribute that Argyle has. I love Argyle, and this video is made showing that even a Pleo that is blind, has loving qualities and it makes him not just special, but shows that a blind Pleo, one with a broken neck, etc, can do just about anything another Pleo can do! Watch in the next day or two for the second part that introduces Argyle to another Pleo with "special needs, " Little 45 who has a broken neck, and I bought him knowing full well he had a broken neck, as nobody else would buy him and I did not want to see Little 45 tossed aside or into a trash can! Ok, here is baby ARgyle, the Blind Pleo, see if you notice his other "special physical attribute". ;)<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKo13MUv51g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKo13MUv51g</a>   RedwoodsMama and her "Pleo Township of the Redwoods".     PS. the first photo in the start of the video is a current [photo of Argyle as most of you know him.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #231 on: August 02, 2011, 06:15:31 AM »

Awwww - I've missed so many of my Ugobe Pleos hatching, it's nice to see it!  :D

I remember you told me about Argyle's  other problem, so I'll keep quiet!  :-X

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #232 on: August 02, 2011, 09:12:31 AM »

That was lovely RWM.  The hatching goes by so fast with these little guys it's so easy to forget what it was like.  I loved seeing Argyles hatching.  He was very sweet.   :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #233 on: August 02, 2011, 03:33:09 PM »

Awe! Hello, ARgyle! Are you embarrassed that everyone is seeing your baby pictures? Lol! Anyway. Really cute video. He's so strong! Come on, little buddy let's take on the world. Now that's one pleo- if the need should arise- that would cause me to break my rule of only four pleos. I'm looking forward to hearing the second part!
Talon
Talon

Lina

• Pleozoologist
« Reply #234 on: August 02, 2011, 04:14:22 PM »

Aaaw what a sweet video! Argyle is lovely! And the glasses are exellent :)

I am so glad that there are loving homes for Pleos that nobody else whants. You are doing a great job!

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #235 on: August 02, 2011, 07:56:32 PM »

yep very good vid ,

when ever i see pics and vids of Pleo's dressed up it always reminds me of Denver the last dinosaur !! loved that cartoon when i was little .... seem's a very long time ago now lol
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #236 on: August 02, 2011, 09:00:10 PM »

I'm not familiar with that one. Is it a cartoon from the UK?
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #237 on: August 03, 2011, 04:09:31 AM »

I always assumed it was a US cartoon, actually.  Bunch of teens hatch a dino egg and teach Denver to skateboard and play guitar!  Very 1980s, but good fun!  :D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #238 on: August 03, 2011, 07:10:45 AM »

Oh duh! Hence the name Denver. Sometimes I think I'm a blonde with black hair. Somehow I don't remember this cartoon. I'll have to see if I can find an episode somewhere just to check it out.
Talon
Talon

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #239 on: August 03, 2011, 08:49:32 AM »

Type in Denver the last dinosaur on youtube   ;D  brings back childhood memories .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhGeC6QHVGc

gotta love those 80's cartoons awesome intro's !
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 08:52:24 AM by barrettgazzy »
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #240 on: August 03, 2011, 09:18:10 PM »

Hmmm. How did I miss that? I was born in eighty one and watched tons of TV until about eighty seven and then- magically I became very interested in school and stayed that way. Thanks for the link.
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #241 on: August 04, 2011, 09:01:08 PM »

Ok guys, here is part two of Baby ARgyle trying to meet and make a friend, poor guy is blind and just can't see is beginning to be a problem as you will see in this video, but he is a trooper and won't give up. Poor Little 45 is the other pleo in this video, and he is having problems of his own as you will see. I apologize for the background noise you hear, it is my dog Meh-lei walking around on the kitchen floor and her nails on the floor is what you hear. Part 3 will be in another day or so with Argyle trying again to make friends. Enjoy esp you Talon!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIdG1pkQ6-g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIdG1pkQ6-g</a>      RWM and her "pleo Township" of the REdwoods ;D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #242 on: August 04, 2011, 09:20:47 PM »

Awe! Little Fourty Five is sick here too? That's sad. ARgyle was so cute with his little very lowowow hello. I bet they're really good friends.
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #243 on: August 04, 2011, 10:36:50 PM »

I noticed Argyle's very 'low' hello as well.  Poor little guy - he'll get there!  :D

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #244 on: August 05, 2011, 06:42:14 PM »

That was very cute RWM.  Thanks for sharing.  Such sweet little guys. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #245 on: August 10, 2011, 08:04:53 PM »

Ok guys, here is a long long video, but it is worth it to see what I got to see this past weekend. Baby Ruth and I went on a journey to see something you hardly ever see in your lifetime, so watch her adventure and see if she got more than she wished for. On the way back our car blew it's transmission and also a Cat that my friend and I rescued four days prior, went into labor and gave birth to two beautiful kittens. so here is the video. Sorry for the white font, I was not able to make it a different color with this program for editing. I hope you enjoy viewing what we saw. This is Baby Ruth's wish.<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHniSl-HRGs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHniSl-HRGs</a>

I think I will enter this in the win a Pleo contest as well, as it is different that any Pleo videos I have seen so far. Thanks for watching and my husband is the one making all the jokes, ha ha. ha.
                                                        RedwoodsMama and her "pleo township in the Redwoods".

choice79

• Member of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #246 on: August 11, 2011, 02:27:57 PM »

Hey RedwoodsMama,

cool video  8)

I like the various ideas and the funny comments. Baby Ruth and Baby Whale are so sweet !

Also iam impressed of seeing the whale such near.

(sorry about my english-hope you understand what i mean.)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #247 on: August 11, 2011, 08:06:02 PM »

Hello choice79, Guten Tag, no problem you English is just fine and I understood everything you said, I am glad you liked Baby and the Whale video. Yes, I almost felt like I could reach out and touch the whale and to be honest, I am sure that is what scared Baby Ruth. She saw that huge bear and that was one thing, but the Whale made the bear look like a baby! :oIt  is sad though to see such a magnificent creature that belongs in the huge vast oceans to be in small body of water as the river. I am hoping along with everyone else that she turns around and heads out before she is totally trapped and will die because of lack of food and or disease.
                I want to go back to film her again while she is still here, I do not want to film her dying or when or if she gets sick, that is too sad to film or to watch. I know she is huge but I do not understand why they don't put a net around her or near her and push her back to the mouth of the river where she will have no choice but to leave. I guess that is why some people get paid big bucks to figure these things out and the general population like myself just sit and watch and pray for her.               Thanks for the comment.
                                                      RedwoodsMama

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #248 on: August 11, 2011, 11:32:10 PM »

Such a beautiful creature - I really hope she joins her baby and heads out to sea soon as well.  :-* :-*

Baby Ruth certainly had a big adventure, even if she did bite off a little more than she could chew!  I love that harness, RWM - it looks as though it comes in very handy for Pleo adventuring!  :D

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #249 on: August 12, 2011, 02:07:15 AM »

Poor whale.  :(  I hope she finds her way out soon.
Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal