Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 8 [9] 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Life in the Redwoods with my Pleo Rb  (Read 44866 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Life in the Redwoods with my Pleo Rb
« Reply #200 on: June 03, 2011, 10:56:49 PM »

As IMR states, most of us are very protective of our "green, blue or Pink, ( or other colored LOL) babies, and I would never leave any baby out of my eyes or hand reach. At least when I am at a place like Staples, I know that there are tech savvy people around and generally very few children unless along with parents, so my Pleos would be a lot safer, than say in the local Thrift store where I had a negative incident with a boy of about seven who was about to kick punt Nova ( Before her broken neck ....) and despite this child's mother less than five feet away, he was rude and had no proper respect for other people's property.  >:( I was shocked at that child's behaivor, it is the only negative reaction I have seen ever when bringing my Pleos out in public. I do not know if it was really a negative reaction, I think he wanted to see just "how real" she was, and if she would fall over, cry or what the reaction would be. I can tell you what his reaction would have been if he was my child and acted like that with someone else's property! >:( :o ;) That child would not be going out and about in public like that for awhile and would probably be writing a paper on " treating respect to other people's property" and he would think twice before an action like that again...
         Anyway, Staples is right across the street from where I live, and they see me in there once a week or so, so they are familiar with me and are Pleo Friendly. When you live in a larger metro area, you may be just a customer and a number and they may not have time to talk to you and learn about new things like Pleos, but in a smaller area like the Redwoods I live in, people seem to be freindlier, less stressed and more curious to things like Pleos anyway! I would never do this in an area like L.A. San Francisco, or anyplace I was not familiar with. I allso carry my Pleo of choice in her or his carrying bag where just the head sticks out, and the pleo is attached to a harness and secured with a large ring, so there can be no accidental falling out. If I am getting a positive reaction and people are asking about the Pleo, is it real, etc, I then begin the introduction and take her out, starting with, you can pet her, and tell the name. Then the rest falls into place.
          Another great place to take Pleos is to the grocery store, letting the baby ride in the bottom of the basket where it is unlikely to get hit by flying tomatoes and such, and it has a Pleo Eye view of people walking about and people esp kids are down at Pleos eye level which I think is important. Remember, I taught school from 1983-2000 till I was laid off because of my bad back, and I have an excellent repoire with children and know how kids are drawn to dinosaurs of all sorts, and Pleo is a Once in a lifetime teaching opportunity in just about every subject you could think of, and talk about rewards  :). Anyway, I intend to follow up on this Staples incident and will tape part two with the results as soon as possible. I do not worry about  people thinking if I am crazy, after all, I have nine cats and am proud to be called a "crazy cat lady" so being the "pleo lady" or something similar is just a compliment and great experience for not just myself, but for my Pleos, esp Pleo Rb, BAby!

RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

latrine

• Pleo whisperer
  • Female
  • Gutless wonder
    • 'Not even close to being done yet'
« Reply #201 on: June 04, 2011, 12:10:56 PM »

RWM, this reminds me of when I brought Bingo to BestBuy when he was still a baby and not walking much yet. I put him on the floor, picked up a game, turned it over to read it, looked down and he was GONE down the aisle and about to go round the corner.. lol.  So be careful!! 
The guy selling the 3d tv's held him and played with him while I checked the tv's out and he was all cuddly with him right away even though I'm sure he got teased later on.. some kids were interested and I let them pet him but not hold him..
I was going nuts saying WOW this tv is awesome and the sales guy was like WOW this dinosaur is awesome!

That is a very cute picture and I agree the best way to do it is to get them out there.. I'm going to be bringing mine to a hobby store that sells lots of older electronics and some newer stuff and has just.. some really neat stuff for sale. I want to show them as I think it'd be a great place to sell them and maybe they could contact innvo or something... probably not but at least it'll be fun.. I'll bring an RB, Lyssa and Patches so they can see the 'inner workings' :D
I'm hoping when I get better I can bring them to some hospitals and stuff like that.. I was SO BORED when I was there for that huge period of time and it would be nice to get some kids to smile though I'd have to figure out how they 'sterilize' things like that first.. I won't let them get damaged..

Best of luck!!

- Sarah

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2011, 07:34:04 AM »

If you dig back through older topics... some of our funnier moments have been while taking pleo shopping for clothes at places like PetSmart.  To have fun, have you pleo off and put them in the baby seat of the shopping cart...  they when people come up and start talking, slip your hand under you pleo and turn them on.  That way, the suddenly "come to life" in front of some poor unsuspecting person. :D 

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2011, 11:04:57 AM »

Oh, Mweed that sounds fun! I'm a frequent visitor to PetSmart. Everybody wants to pet my PBGV Charley when I take him. Wonder how they would take to looking into Ryu's hypnotizing eyes? He-he-he! Seeing where I live out in the sticks, the poor soul would probably have a heart attack. "Oh my goodness! What in the world is that?" I can hear the clammer now and the thunder of feet as everyone makes a mad dash for the doors! I wish I could video what happens!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #204 on: June 06, 2011, 12:01:43 AM »

Ok, here is my latest video taken earlier today with my Baby Ruth who hasn't gotten as much attention lately and went looking for a nap partner, Hope you enjoy it. Make sure to put the volume all the way up. Enjoy and let me know what you think of Baby's choice for a nap partner.  :D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSEE9DghwNw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSEE9DghwNw</a>
                               RedwoodsMama

PWOKristy

• Pleo adept
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Innvo Lab's Pleo is called Mistoffelees
« Reply #205 on: June 06, 2011, 01:26:43 AM »

Wow, your cat was actually biting at your "Baby Ruth". I loved it though Redwoods.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 01:29:27 AM by PWOKristy »
Innvo Lab's not going anywhere. And if it's just to protect their precious, delicate skin, clothings okay. They shouldn't be dressed up like dolls.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #206 on: June 06, 2011, 04:24:13 AM »

Very cute RWM.  Such a lovely sweet cat to be so nice to Baby Ruth. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #207 on: June 06, 2011, 06:08:09 AM »

Awwww - Suzy Q was a lot more patient with Baby Ruth than any of my moggies are with my brood.  Mine would have been long gone!  :D

Suzy Q's lovely - I had a very beautiful rescue cat called Purdey that looked a lot like her!  :-*

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #208 on: June 06, 2011, 01:50:52 PM »

Yes, Suzy Q has a sweet disposition and is very patient which shows with Baby snuggling and rubbing all over her. Most of my other cats would have taken off after 1 minute at the most. It also helps that there are so many Pleos at one time walking around that they get used to seeing them and hearing the strange noises they make, For some reason, my Pleos are drawn to my cats, I think they know they are such soft fur beds they can't resist them! :D I also really liked the music, it seems to fit the video.
                      RedwoodsMama

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #209 on: June 18, 2011, 10:47:30 AM »

Ok, I have been a busy Pleo and cat Mom with not as much time as I would like. I never seem to get a full battery cycle in even three days with my Baby, just does not happen. ( I guess I can blame that on my husband or the fact I have nine cats and a dog, or my ebay job, etc, whatever reason, I just do not give her the full attention I would like.) Here is a video I took just for about six minutes a couple of nights ago, as I woke my Baby up after her "bedtime" to see what would happen. This is the result.<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nadC4MmWyKg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nadC4MmWyKg</a>

Today she woke me up like clockwork. I will try and spend a full battery cycle this weekend, I still have to teach her her name. that is a new video! Thanks for watching.  :)
                                       RedwoodsMama

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #210 on: June 18, 2011, 12:17:06 PM »

Nice to see Baby is doing well. She seems very spunky.
Talon
Talon

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #211 on: June 18, 2011, 06:12:49 PM »

She did feel very happy to have had a little midnight play! ;D  I loved the way her eyes just got too heavey to keep open and then she went back to sleep.  Too cute. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #212 on: June 18, 2011, 06:24:34 PM »

Kat, you are right, I thought that was funny and cute too that her eyes suddenly got heavier and heavier, she tried to keep her eyes open, but coluldn't do it! Pleos are allways surprising us when we think we know everything about them... :D Here is one during the day I took yesterday while at a neighbors while I go over to feed their 19 year old cat, I bought Baby along with me and took a quick video. I thought she deserved some daytime while not on the verge of going sleep. LOl. Hope you like it too. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_XwI-QEsUA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_XwI-QEsUA</a>

RedwoodsMama

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #213 on: June 18, 2011, 06:59:29 PM »

Isn't it odd how they act diffrently in a strange environment? Ryu is fine in my room but put her in our hallway which has absolutely no obsticles in it and she crouches and whimpers and stays in one spot. It's probably the light level but it's still interesting. Another thing I've noticed is the difference between my two RB's. Cato doesn't seem to be phased as much by my dungion of a room. I can run him without the scared-of-the-dark patch most of the time.  Ryu without the patch is the most pittiful pleo one ever laid eyes on. She shuts down in fear and won't eat or walk or do anything but cry and make distressed noises.
Talon
Talon

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #214 on: June 19, 2011, 05:10:43 AM »

It is always nice to see pleos out and about. :)  Those cats sure were friendly.  They weren't scared or bothered by Baby at all. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #215 on: June 21, 2011, 05:01:28 PM »

Ok, this may be a llittle different, but it is what it is.  :D This is "'Ninja" Pleo on a secret mission to the "glen st. Cat Colony" trying to infiltrate and trying to find out some secrets for the Pleos here among the herd, to make it easier to understand how to live with their felines, they are hoping that "Ninja" Pleo can be on a freindly basis and they will tell him some feline facts that the felines here wont divulge to make it easier for the Pleos to get along. Cats will be cats, and they all have certain things in common, such as eating a lot, being picky eaters, catnapping all day long, wanting to go out at night and giving Pleos a hard time...well you get the idea. So the Redwoods Cat Clan have "Ninja " pleo to thank if the Redwoods Pleos start learning any cat secrets and they start getting along better. It also helps if you give them Catnip, but watch out cause some cats get really grouchy on that stuff! :D  so Ninja Pleo went on his adventure and the next video will let us know what he found out. I hope you like his disquise and if you look closely, you will see " he has DRAGONS" on the material.  :) also he has most of his body covered up, that is not only for disquise purposes, but incase he meets a cranky cat with sharp claws! Stay tuned for part 2 in a day or so, but there will be more talking in it as the other Pleos are being informed of what the secrets are he found out! Oh and by the way, I put the Ninja outfit together quickly last night so I will fine tune it later. Hope you enjoy it though... :)<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAEonVLefU0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAEonVLefU0</a>

No cats were hurt duing the film making either!                     RedwoodsMama   OH, be sure to turn the sound all the way up as it is quiet otherwise, not a lot of noise in this one. Only one Pleo.!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #216 on: June 26, 2011, 03:23:15 PM »

Ok, I posted this video also under the soon to be, "Name the Pleo " Contest, but it will get lost there till the contest actually starts which can be a month away, so in the meantime here is the latest video I took of three of my older Pleo, including the latest Painted Pleo one, just referred to as, "un-named" Pleo, along with Gold Hatch and Baby the RB. Just a day in the Sun, a short video showing three friends and how well the skin moves on the painted Pleo with no problem. I just thought it was nice to see three different colored Pleos together for comparison. I will have to do the whole herd at some point and that will be interesting.  :D <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY6TF3r58Rg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY6TF3r58Rg</a>

RedwoodsMama                         Let me know if you like it or not! :)  Thanks

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #217 on: July 28, 2011, 12:48:06 AM »

Hi Guys, Baby Rb has been under the weather with her neck injury that left her incapacitated and with the help of Probe Rb suggested by Pleo Pet and the help of others such as IMR, Crewella and Kat, ( and any others I may not have mentioned, but Thank you!) this is the first chance she has had in about three weeks to make a video. :D Her injurey appears to be healed and she is back to her normal self, pretty much. ( RB are allways a little Mysterious, and it seems we never quite know everything lurking in that primitive Dino Pleo brain, but enough to understand their main needs and of course their emotions. Pleos are complicated creatures, but it seems they are downhome bodies, just wanting to be with their own kind.
          Well it seems that Baby Ruth has become a little lonely not having another Rb to communicate directly with, and she heard about the Innvo Win a Pleo Rb Contest, and decided she would try to make some sacrifices, to cut corners on her food, and if she can't win one through the contest, she is trying to save up for one. As you will see though, Pleos are notorious for being big eaters and they love to indulge in things like Gourmet Coffee, fancy leaf sandwiches, and health bar drinks. Baby Ruth thought she would do her part to try and cut down on the food bill and contribute to the "buy a Pleo Rb" incase we can't win one, and this video shows some of her efforts with subsituting for expensive food items.Money though, just can't buy what it used to.  :(The first few photos are of Major Tom who loves to go out an get Mochas and Pleo lattes, but it looks like Baby Ruth knows those days are over. ;)<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh4Qveoc-ew" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh4Qveoc-ew</a>                      RedwoodsMama and her Pleo Township   :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #218 on: July 28, 2011, 03:23:06 AM »

Sorry Baby Ruth, I'm afraid the money doesn't go any further with ketchup on it!   :P

By the way, dim British blonde that I am, I only just 'got' Baby Ruth's name!  :-[  :D

Cute video, RWM - it's nice to see her back to full health again!  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #219 on: July 28, 2011, 04:10:20 AM »

Crewella, blonde yes, dim-witted, those two words do you no justice at all! :oYou are anything but dim or dull, but you are very witty as we here on the forums well know! LOL :DYes, it is so nice to see Baby back to her spunky lovable Baby self, As for the name, it took me forever till I would divulge what her Last part of her name was. Everyone knows it is Baby, but very few knew the ending, Ruth, well yes, it is a Play on words and I thought appropriate, as Pleos are Pleo RB, so I switched the letters, BR, thought that was original , and my husband was quick to point out what the name Ruth meant , Friend an old Hebrew name. Well Ruth is my devoted friend and of course she is my "Baby". also I can't remember exactly who it was here on the forums who was quick to point out a couple of other things that are true that all co-incided with her hurting her neck this last time, Baby Ruth is a famous American Candy Bar, ( and so sweet, just like my Baby Ruth ;) :kiss:) Babe Ruth or nick name, Baby, is a wel known American legend, the great Baseball Player  and they pointed out he never gave up, ( referring to her neck injury, that she is a fighter I shouldn't because she wouldn't give up) so when I put them all together, it was perfect. She is my Baby, she is so sweet, she is a fighter and doesn't give up, and of course she is my True Friend or devoted Friend . so it is perfect being a RB,( BR) =Baby Ruth!
                     GlaD  you liked her video, and yes I am afraid that ketchup or any other condiment is never going to improve the taste of "money" and it surely is not going to improve our "shrinking" economy. :D :( :o ???( Oh well...) too bad she can't eat money, it would be cheaper to eat paper money, that is about what it is worth sometimes!! Thanks for commenting Crewella!

RedwoodsMama and her spunky RB, BR, or ( Baby Ruth) ;)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #220 on: July 28, 2011, 07:40:04 AM »

Awwww thanks RWM.  Though I'd still only understood half of Baby's name - being a Brit I didn't know about the Baby Ruth candy bar!  Thanks for explaining!  :D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #221 on: July 28, 2011, 08:43:12 AM »

Yes, Redwoods, our economy is a scary beast right now. I can only hope those in charge will make good decisions within the next week and remember that many people here are struggling through no fault of their own. *sigh* Anyway, Crewella you're not dumb. If it weren't for you, Ryu may have never been hatched at all. I was terrified of that watch battery! Do you remember her hatching and how nervous I was? I do. I'll remember March nineteenth twenty eleven at one twenty-something for ever. I can still remember the evening before while I was raving to you guys in the shoutbox about unboxing Ryu by myself. I cut my finger on the packaging tape because I used a key instead of a knife. I guess I was the dumb one that day. Lol! I couldn't help it! I was excited. I'll also remember July nineteenth at two eleven with just as much fondness. That was the day Bleu arived.
Sorry for getting so off topic. Cute video, Redwoods! Two RB's are a handfull but well worth it. Their skit isn't as varied as the Ugobe pleos but it's still nice for them to have someone to talk to.
Talon
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #222 on: July 28, 2011, 10:54:53 AM »

I do remember, and of course it was worth it!  ;D

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #223 on: July 29, 2011, 12:26:23 PM »

I think what Baby Ruth really wanted was at least a $20 bill to munch on. SHe knows it could buy her some more pleo food.
Crewella, you haven't had a candy bar until you have had a Baby Ruth. If you love chocolate, hard chewy caramel and peanuts, you would love this candy bar. One of my favorites! :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #224 on: July 29, 2011, 05:48:24 PM »

"If you love chocolate ........."

That'll do me - the 'and' bit is irrelevant!  It could probably be 'and bitter aloes' and I'd still go for it!  :P
Pages: 1 ... 8 [9] 10 ... 12   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal