Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Painting a Pleo  (Read 1864 times)

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
Custom Painting a Pleo
« on: December 11, 2010, 08:30:44 AM »

I'm really interested in getting an RB but not that color. In fact, I really liked RedWoodMama's idea of making a blue Navi/Avatar-styled Pleo...so I am in search right now of a low-priced, heavily loved, or even bricked Pleo on Ebay to give a paint job to. I've been researching paints and stumbled upon a mixture of using rubber cement, naphtha, and colorant. This is what is often used in the latex industry for Hallowen masks due to the flexibility of the paint combined with the other materials. I'm willing to try this out unless someone knows this would not work (I.E. cause damage to the skin itself). I'm going to color a Pleo drawing and post it soon so you can see what I'll be trying to go for. I am very hopeful the latex/mix paint will work so I can paint an entire Pleo bottom to top in a fully customized skin. I could even make a tiger Pleo at that point!

lelekasapeca

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Leleka Sapeka
Re: Custom Painting a Pleo
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 08:52:31 AM »

It would be an interesting spray paint to give it a downgrade.

Or else he would be charged a value and can customize your own Pleo rb before even leaving the factory!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 09:50:42 AM »

Watergazer, there are several proprietary plastic/rubber paints out there, though a lot are for the motor trade and come in the basic black and white only.  There is one craft paint called 'Plasti dip' that might be worth looking into ............  :)

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 11:42:02 AM »

I actually did buy some plasti-dip already for testing and also on another project, although it's pure black. I tried it on some items and while it would bend and flex, it's really thick and I'm sure it would be too much coverage and details would be lost...plus it created it's own "skin" kinda...hard to explain, which later ripped of it's own accord with too much manipulation. Sadly I don't think it would work for a Pleo even mixed to create colors and spread down lighter over the original skin...but great idea anyway! This stuff works great though, on metal and for creating nice noses and claws on plush animals.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 01:08:43 PM »

There's also a spray-on version I'm trying to get hold of.  I'll report back when I get my hands on it.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal