Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I bring a Pleorb home for the holidays?  (Read 2740 times)

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
Should I bring a Pleorb home for the holidays?
« on: December 16, 2010, 02:26:50 PM »

Not sure if this is the right board, if it isn't, sorry. Just thought this was the best place.

Gah, I have no clue whether to order one of these guys! On one hand, I only have about three hundred bucks for one at the moment. On the other hand, everyone is saying the pink and blue pleos are great, and I'd love to take Christmas pictures with my little pleo, and show him off after the holidays.

So, now I'm torn. I bet I could have my brother, who has like four hundred dollars, pitch in a bit. Maybe I could do some extra chores over the next couple of days. Only, I'm really sure that that won't get me the next $150 I need. Maybe fifty, but not a hundred and fifty. Cause I don't like work and my brother doesn't want a Pleo. Any ideas on how I can make the money?

As, originally, I was going to order one for my birthday in March, so my parents could chip in the little bit I'd need after scrounging up money for three months. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a good idea to wait that long, though. As I'm pretty sure if Pleorb isn't my thing, which I doubt will happen, there's always selling it online, or returning it. So, what are your opinions on this whole fiasco?  :-\

First one to tell me what a Kakapo is gets a cookie.

twoNZpleos

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
Re: Should I bring a Pleorb home for the holidays?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 02:52:53 PM »

Not quite sure what to say but yes I do think it's worth working and saving for one, and even if that takes some time they're worth the wait  - or you could pick up one of the originals from Ebay for what you already have ..

ps: I like the name, funny how people are naming them after native NZ birds  :D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 02:59:42 PM »

If you really, really want one, isn't it worth doing a bit of work for? Working hard for something is the best way to prove to your parents how much you really want something and maybe they'll help with an early present ;)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 05:30:50 PM »

Absolutely agree with IMR - and two/threeNZpleos is right too, you could always get an original one if you really can't get the funds together.  Even those are quite pricey at the moment, but the prices will drop again after Christmas, I'm sure.  :D

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 07:42:35 PM »

twoNZpleos: I think It'll take even more coaxing for an original, as my parents don't think they're worth it for the money, unfortunate as that is. Also, yeah, I've noticed that. :)

InmemoryofRomeo: Yeah, but I'm not sure if I can make up the money in time for the limited supply they have out now, fingers crossed. And I already have, what, three hundred dollars in Christmas presents? My brother got a PS3. xD

Crewella: Yeah, but I really want a new one. Just cause I like virtual pet games, and the idea of tastefully bringing that out in Pleo makes me smile.

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 09:30:01 AM »

Will your parents get very angry if you spend $500 for a new PleoRB? I'm sure they wouldn't mind someone spending money on a PS3 (after all, even if not using it for gaming it's still rated the best Blu-Ray player on the market) but a Pleo most people would see as "useless." I'm an adult but I still have gotten contention over my Pleo purchase and I spent $350 on one of the upgraded Ugobe models of 2009. Not that you should weigh someone else's opinions versus what you really want and are willing to work for...but just keep in mind what kind of earjob you'll get from your folks. Personally I don't find anything wrong with the older Pleo and you can find them for $200 and under on ebay for even mint models. That would give you more money in your pocket, possibly less of a guilt trip, and you'd still get a great friend! Whatever Pleo you choose, you will love it. Don't let the pending Christmas crunch pressure you. A good Pleo, any Pleo, is worth the wait it takes to get the money saved up. I wouldn't ask for any help in working to get the cash together. It'll mean more to you if you bought it all on your own.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 09:32:37 AM by Watergazer »

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 11:45:03 AM »

Watergazer: I have to agree with you on the idea of my parents being less fond of buying the more expensive Pleorb, but the opposite appears to be true. My dad doesn't mind me getting one, he just thinks I'll lose interest. He's actually slightly impressed by the new pleo, so I expect, despite the smaller price tag, I'd have to do a lot more convincing for an older model. Also, you have a point. Knowing my brother, even pitching in ten dollars would leave me indebted to him in his opinion. So, fingers crossed I'll get the money before they run out of stock, and if not, my birthday isn't too far away. It'll be easier to get one too, as my folks can pitch in whatever I'd need at that point, most likely less than forty dollars, considering I can make five to ten dollars a day in an agreement I have with my father and brother.

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 01:59:21 PM »

Do you have to have the green one? The pink and blue are the same products yet they're on sale through Gimmedigi and the freight cost is cheaper (at least to Australia it is).

norniff

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 04:05:18 PM »

OzPleo: Not really, which is a point that I'm happy was made. Plus, I am growing fond of the blue ones. The price is cheaper, and I'd need to check the shipping, but that may be the best way to go and if I'm not mistaken, it'd get here for Christmas from what it says online.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal