Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Where can I get new battery/charger?  (Read 15609 times)

Necky83

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
  • Littlefoot and Cera
Re: Where can I get a spare battery?
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 10:43:37 PM »

Hey,

i found them here :-)

http://www.electronicpetshop.com

Nadine

pasific78

Re: Where can I get a spare battery?
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 02:32:50 AM »

Necky83

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
  • Littlefoot and Cera
Re: Where can I get new battery/charger?
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2009, 02:54:55 PM »

Hi,

I'm currently in process to get some Li-Poly batteries (7.4V /2600mAh) and the matching chargers shipped from Germany to me.
In fact one shipping is already on the way but those already found buyers (including myself  ;D ).
There are just a few more left at the store in Germany (that's what the website mentioned).
http://www.litec-computer.de/Consumer-Electronic/Roboter/PLEO-Battery-Pack-Li-polymer::17681.html

I will call the store today night (when it's morning time in Germany) to ask them how much they have left and to order some more.
Unfortunately they don't ship in the U.S. and I had to ask them nicely to ship it to someone in Germany to get it forwarded to me.
If someone is interested to get a battery & charger than please let me know soon.
First come first serve. Current price for charger & battery would be $102 and I promise I don't make any profit from it. If more people
want to order the price would go lower because I can split the shipping costs with more people. I would appreciate to get paid in advance.

The shipping from me to you would cost not more than $10.

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2009, 03:43:06 PM »

They're out of stock there though....  :'(

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2009, 06:16:28 PM »

Aw I would love to get a battery and spare charger but $102 US plus postage to Australia is rather painful on the budget :P Thank you for organizing this for Pleo fans though Necky :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

barneyj

• Leaving the nest
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2009, 03:50:04 AM »

For those of you who can solder, you can try replacing the cells in bad packs.  My pleo is almost a year and a half old and its battery pack went completely dead.  I purchased some AA sized nickel-metal hydride cells and replaced them. 

The most difficult part is disassembling the pack.  I recommend a Dremel tool with a cut-off wheel.  Cut into the short ends of the pack at the separation between the brown top (belly) and green part.  There are pegs that are glued in which you'll need to cut through.  Once that's done, pull it apart and remove the rotating latch.  Remove the two screws under it and the cells can be removed.

Cut away the heat-shrink covering from the cell and take note of the arrangement of the cells and duplicate it with the replacement cell.  You'll have to remove the thermistor and put that on the new pack.  The contact on the pack adjacent to the positive post is not the negative terminal of the cell above it.  It's insulated from it and is connected to the exposed negative terminal via the thermistor.

I bought 2500mAh NiMH cells from batteries.com - http://www.batteries.com/productprofile.asp?appid=385310
Oops.  It appears they're out of stock.  Look around for NiMH cells with solder tabs.

I'll take some pictures and post more details if there's any interest.

Carl

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2009, 04:10:58 AM »

You lost me at solder :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

revmondo

• Leaving the nest
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2009, 08:25:23 AM »

Oh yes, please post pics. Thats a nice start to a tutorial which we may all end up needing to do at some point.
Our 2 pleos are brand new, still in the box actually. My daughter has been "earning & saving" the money to buy one for the past six months and since I saw Ugobe went under I quickly snatched these up. She is only about $25 away from her goal (not bad for a thrifty seven year old) and I cant wait to surprise her with twins instead of just one. Yes, I spoil her, lol. But papa is proud of her efforts.

49er

• Journeypleo
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2009, 09:20:50 AM »

There are pegs that are glued in which you'll need to cut through.  Once that's done, pull it apart and remove the rotating latch.  Remove the two screws under it and the cells can be removed.

Thank you for the information! I have a Li-Poly battery ordered through Necky83, but I'm a curious fellow and wouldn't mind giving it a try when my weakest battery dies. I do have a few questions though. Looking at the green battery I can see five pegs that are visible? Are there more than five? Since the cap is mounted by those pegs that you severed, what do you use to reattach the cap when you are done? And what is the voltage rating of the batteries that you are using?

Edit: I checked that website and saw the batteries are 1.2. Does the thermistor double the voltage or is that done by something else?

I'll take some pictures and post more details if there's any interest.

Carl

Pictures would of course be nice.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 09:39:26 AM by 49er »

snowy

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2009, 11:00:30 AM »

yes piccys please   ;D

Nafcom

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • Nafcom's Crap Blog!
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2009, 02:06:20 PM »

want pics. too thanks! :)
Nafcom's Crap Blog & Nafcom's Crap Forum. Because I am weird like that :)

Jules

• Fossil hunter
  • Female
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2009, 04:42:28 AM »

Can someone tell me how to make a payment on that German website for the battery and the charger?
I have ordered them both but as I do not speak German it was a hard job to do. I know I ordered them as I got an e-mail confirming it but nothing on how to pay them?

Anyone got any ideas!!

Nafcom

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • Nafcom's Crap Blog!
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2009, 04:52:52 AM »

Can someone tell me how to make a payment on that German website for the battery and the charger?
I have ordered them both but as I do not speak German it was a hard job to do. I know I ordered them as I got an e-mail confirming it but nothing on how to pay them?

Anyone got any ideas!!

The batteries are all sold out, I know as I tried ordering them myself and there won't be any new as their are no more suppliers who have them
Also searching on the internert there is no otherthat has those special long duration rechargeable batteries, only the charger is still on stock
(I assumed you refer to http://www.litec-computer.de/Consumer-Electronic/Roboter/PLEO-Battery-Pack-Li-polymer::17681.html)

Litec Computers also stopped mail trading, you have to drive to Munich to get it to there.

I suggest to get spare original NIMH pleo ones instead from www.pleoroom.com or ebay e.g.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 05:00:18 AM by Nafcom »

revmondo

• Leaving the nest
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2009, 09:22:02 PM »

Theres a seller on ebay with them listed for only $30 plus $15 s&h. I just got one each for Bronson & Palmy, and it was still only $15 flat rate to ship. He has them listed as NEW, so I hope its not too good to be true. I paid by credit card through paypal just in case. He only has 3 left right now.

pleoplus80

• Member of the herd
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2009, 12:48:47 AM »

Try ebay as well.
Someone is selling Pleo battery.

Nafcom

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • Nafcom's Crap Blog!
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2009, 01:42:30 AM »

Anyone got any ideas!!

Jules I have news  for you, if you want to still have the Li-Polymer battieres Litec-Computer used to sell, you can oder them directly from Ucube (Ugobe Asia): www.ucube.com.tw

I have placed my order now. My email was replied too just after the Taiwanese holidays has ended. Also spoken to them on the phone, a very good and very easy to understand English have to admit.

So Ucube ("Ugobe Asia") is still in business and supporting the product and the sellers over there. All I have to do tomorrow is to transfer the money from my bank.

I didn't do anything special, just wrote an English email into their contact form on their homepage. http://ucube.com.tw/contact.php

pleoplus80

• Member of the herd
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2009, 11:33:44 PM »

Seems the battery from the Taiwan shop is not original.
Please post the result after you tried.Thanks.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2009, 08:58:17 AM »

Actually Ucube was marketing the Li-Poly battery and egg charger BEFORE anyone else.  They even shipped it with the first 500 pleo sold in Taiwan.

Jules

• Fossil hunter
  • Female
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2009, 05:56:28 PM »

Well I sent my email so I will wait a reply  ;)

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Cammey, Cloey, Copper
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2009, 07:28:48 PM »

Theres a seller on ebay with them listed for only $30 plus $15 s&h. I just got one each for Bronson & Palmy, and it was still only $15 flat rate to ship. He has them listed as NEW, so I hope its not too good to be true. I paid by credit card through paypal just in case. He only has 3 left right now.
I'm pretty sure i got the other too batterys that wer listed ther.

Nafcom

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • Nafcom's Crap Blog!
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2009, 02:45:14 AM »

I received them on Wednesday and they work great! :) I got later an English manual when I asked.

49er

• Journeypleo
  • Male
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2009, 06:29:03 AM »

I got the Ucube Li-Poly battery from Necky83 and they do work great! Money well spent. ;D

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2009, 03:54:10 PM »

Looks to me like Pleo sure loves his new battery!! ;D ;D ;D
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

revmondo

• Leaving the nest
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2009, 04:09:52 PM »

got my ebay batteries in. they sure dont LOOK new  >:(
but i am popping them on the charger and will meter them before using and see how long they last. It could just be NOS that was bulk pack and not stored well. I see the seller has 6 more listed now and the price jumped up to $40 each. I will let you guys know how these turn out once charged.

Nafcom

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
    • Nafcom's Crap Blog!
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2009, 04:19:20 PM »

What mweed said is correct. I can confirm also that the batteries are working good and the charger is great, too! it even has a power pack feature means you have an usb port on it and this you can use to power up usb gadgets like an usb christmas tree or whatever you can think of :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal