Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SD Cards  (Read 4996 times)

prydonian

• Following the footsteps
  • Male
SD Cards
« on: October 23, 2010, 10:26:16 PM »

I was wondering if anyone can answer this question ? I downloaded the latest Pleo Firmware and unzipped it to an SD memory card . I then place the card in my Pleo and turned him on. He began to go thru his hatchling stage again as promised by the new firmware . My question is ; Do I leave the SD card in him to continue with the new firmware or once he has started is it OK to remove the card the next time I shut him down ? More precisely , is the new firmware now loaded into my Pleo and can I remove the card without having him revert back to his original firmware ?
 Thanks in advance to all and any who take the time to help me with an answer .

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
Re: SD Cards
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 10:31:14 PM »

Yes, it is definitely safe, which update are you downloading? If it is 1.1 you will hear 7 chimes, he will wake up, make a sound, and go back to sleep, after that it is safe to remove the SD card and he will have that upgrade forever unless you upgrade or downgrade to something else  :)

prydonian

• Male
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 10:37:50 PM »

Thanks for the rapid reply !! I have upgraded to PM2 firmware . He definitely is a lot more active . There were no chimes or any other noises when he awoke for the first time other than his usual sigh and coo noises .
 I am glad to know that I can now erase the firmware upgrade and download some of the other holiday personalities on to it . Halloween is almost upon us !! And yes I assume that I can only download one personality at a time per SD card . Thanks again for the help .

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Female
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 10:39:49 PM »

Your very welcome! I'm not sure what happens when you download PM2, but sounds like its working, so go ahead and remove the SD card, and have fun!  ;D

prydonian

• Male
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 10:48:45 PM »

Supposedly the new PM2 firmware has many more moves and tricks for Pleo and his emotions are a bit more intense . I can't verify that since I just got my Pleo and he was slightly used .Therefore I have no way of telling what he was like before coming to me. It seems that the person who originally received Pleo as a gift wasn't interested in him and that person's parent decided to sell the little guy. So I was fortunate enough to become this Pleo's new owner . I wanted to experience Pleo from the very beginning of his developement so I opted to upgrade the software to a version that promised that he would start over as a hatchling .
 With this new software you can have Pleo play a few games with you and do a few tricks as well. We shall see !!
    Thanks Again !! 

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Female
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 10:53:03 PM »

Here you go, this says everything that Pleo can do with PM2 (I'd love to see some videos of the tricks, since no one has filmed them yet  :D)

http://pleoworld.com/downloads/firmware.aspx

prydonian

• Male
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 11:01:24 PM »

Yeppers! That was the sight I downloaded the firmware from . I haven't tried any of the games or tricks yet since I think my Pleo is still in the beginning stages of his developement . He likes to walk around and sniff things for the time being. He is very curious about his surroundings . If he doesn't sniff something , he moans at it . I am quite glad to know that his sniffing isn't the prelude to me having to clean up a mess as might be the case with a biological pet . ;D
  BTW I could use a few of those fire breathing squirrels here as I have a chestnut tree out back and it would be so nice to have the chestnuts fall from the tree ready roasted . LOL Thanks Again for your response .

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Female
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 11:08:44 PM »

Yep, they'll do that  :D Congratulations on getting a Pleo, I've just gotten my first one a few days ago myself  :D And haha, they would be useful!  :P

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 11:09:13 PM »

LOL! Then the lyrics from the Christmas Song have to change from Chestnuts roasting on an open fire to chestnuts roasted from a firebreathing squirrel. ;D

prydonian

• Male
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 11:16:12 PM »

Thanks Fire  (if I may be so bold as to call you by your first name ). I just received my Pleo today in the mail. I haven't even considered a name for him . I haven't even considered what sex it is since there is no plumbing to verify that . I read your profile and noticed that like me you have wanted a Pleo for a long time . I decided to get a Pleo after my little dog of seventeen years had to be put down . While Pleo isn't the same , he will do nicely for the time being . I was just lucky enough to spot a real bargain on eBay at the right time . So here I am .....a novice Pleo owner looking for kindred spirits to help me on my way . It would seem that I've come to the right stop.

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Female
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 11:16:33 PM »

I think those would be very good lyrics!  :P

prydonian

• Male
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 11:18:20 PM »

LOL!! I think we could make that work Fancyfont !

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Female
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 11:22:03 PM »

Its fine, I have many nicknames, one more wont hurt  ;) I'm very sorry that your dog had to be put down - I can imagine how sad of a experience that would be  :'( Yes, I have wanted a Pleo for a very long time, and I finally got one!  :D Take your time with names, like many people on this forum have said, after you get to know your Pleo's personality more a name will just come to you  :) Not once has someone on this forum not been very helpful to me, and not once have I ever seen someone being mean, so I think this is definitely the right place for you and all Pleo owners  :D Welcome to the forums, I can promise you it will be a pleasant experience!  :D

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 11:33:14 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your little dog, too. Seventeen years is a long time. I have a thirteen and fourteen year old poodle. I know my pleos will be here for when that awful day comes, when I don't have my girls anymore.

You will find the best name as you get to know your pleo. The first time around, I went through two different names for mine. First was Deanie, Then Mr.D, but then when I played peek-a-boo with the little guy, I knew his name was really Peek-a Boo. Peeky for short.

prydonian

• Male
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 11:34:41 PM »

Thank You Fire ...and Yes it already has been pleasant being here .
 Thank you for the kind words concerning my dog . I can tell you that it was much easier to make the decision to put her down than it was to go thru with it .
A friend sent me a link to a YouTube video that helped a lot . You may want to check it out . Search for Wendy Francisco "God and Dog " and let me know what you think . My Pleo is sleeping now . I think it would be nice if he could snore a little from time to time .

prydonian

• Male
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 11:40:37 PM »

The fact that the smaller breeds live longer is in my opinion a double edged sword . We have the joy of having them by our side much longer but that only makes the bond stronger and so much more painful to sever when the time comes .

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Female
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 11:44:09 PM »

I bet it was, I can imagine how difficult it would be saying your last words to your dog  :( I'll watch that video now, and I'm glad your having a pleasant experience  :D And your Pleo doesn't snore? My Gizmo has snored a few times when hes sleeping, listen closely when he first goes to sleep  :D Thats true - but I think its worth having them with you for those extra years, considering no matter how old they are the experience will always be extremely hard and sad

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Female
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 11:50:16 PM »

I just watched it - That was beautiful, I can see why it helped you through the experience, I think it would help me too!

prydonian

• Male
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 11:52:51 PM »

Thanks Fire . I'm so glad you liked it . I can't watch it too this day without breaking down .

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 12:13:31 AM »

I was going to watch the video, but will another time. Having trouble with computer tonight. Guess I better go listen to my doggies and pleos snore. ;)
So good to have you both here.  :)
BTW FBS, fantastic photos from your shopping trip today. :) :) :)

prydonian

• Male
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2010, 12:29:53 AM »

I enjoyed your Plog as well Fire ! It looks to me that Gizmo has found himself the perfect companion in you.
 Time for me to head off to Dreamland . I hope to see you all soon . Thanks Again for Welcoming me to the Pleo community and for all your help.

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Female
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2010, 12:44:17 AM »

Thank you both! Good night and sweet dreams Prydonian!  :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2010, 11:20:24 AM »

A belated hello, prydonian. :)

I'm sad to hear about your little dog, I have five cats aged between 16-18 so I feel for you - I know I have some similarly hard times coming.  A Pleo is a good companion, though, and will hopefully help to make the house more cheerful!  I hope you enjoy the OS2 upgrade!  :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 11:23:59 AM by Crewella »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal