Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Brandnew 2010 "Pleo rb" blue color, just bought at Hong Kong Electronic Fair  (Read 53035 times)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace

I have a friend in hong kong who would like to buy one.  Does any one know where they are being sold?  we looked on the pleo world hong kong web site, which looks just like the American one by the way, but when you click on "get pleo" it takes you to an advertising page for chinatete with no option to buy pleos  :( 
Maybe they were only available while the fair was on and now they will have to wait like us for the official release?
I guess I could always get one for her when they are released for us and ship it back if they are not yet available for the public over there.   :)
She really wanted pink though.  Personally I'm looking forward to green. Dinosaurs were never meant to be pink!

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo

For right now, the only place to get one is at the Hong Kong Electronics Fair, and there's no telling how many (or few) they took to the fair...  But when Innvo does make their announcement that you can pre-order one of those few available, that IS open to everyone in the world!  Remember, they do ship world wide.  And yes, I know that can be quite expensive in some places, but at least you will have the opportunity!

marcimarc444

• Following the footsteps
  • Male

Hi Folks,

For those of you who have friends in Hong Kong or a chance to go there, here is the address where I got
my Pleo rb in Hong Kong:

HKTDC Design Gallery
http://hkdesigngallery.hktdc.com/home.asp

They have 2 shops: 1 at the Convention+Exhibition Center and another one at the airport.
I got mine at the Exhibition Shop.

But you have to make sure they also give you the accessories (2 separate boxes + Suit) which I did not got unfortunately... :(

Kind regards
Marc

I will be in Hong Kong again early November and already think about buying the pink one too, so Susi gets a Sister  :)

Jules

• Fossil hunter
  • Female

If I were you  marcimarc444 I would buy a whole bunch of them and  re-sell them on ebay! I think you would make a big proffit... lol  I defiantly would if I had the chance. :D

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male

Will we be missing out on the girl / boy interactions that the blue and pink Pleo's have ? What is the green boy or girl lol
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo

I actually believe the boy / girl interaction described on the one web site is in error.   More likely it was an interaction that was planned, but never implemented.  The software load on these blue and pink pleos is essentially the same software as on the sexless (or sex to be determined by the owner) green ones.  Or if you really want to push the issue, you would have to assume all green pleos are boys (which would sure upset a bunch of pleo owners), as they did play around with raising the pitch of the voice for the pink ones.  But it's NOT like the pink and blue pleos have different code to match the different sexes.  So, a green pleo may react to another green pleo in the same ways described for the boy/boy, boy/girl, and girl/girl interactions.  Therefore, when you get your lovable little green pleo, it has a ll the same capabilities as the funky blue or pink looking things.

marcimarc444

• Male

Just put another video to Youtube about "whats in the box"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI8ite7XOi8

Unfortunately my Pleo did not made any bigger progress so far, as I assume he is quite unhappy and hungry because he never got food so far, etc.
as I dont have the necessary accessories...  :'(  Also he did not walked any single step so far...

Regarding the boy/girl interactions, I am quite sure that at least the Asian blue/pink versions have it, because in the shop where I bought my Susi,
they also told me about it. Also they showed me a comparison sheet, showing the differences between "old" and "rb" Pleo and male/female interaction was
one of the new features of Pleo rb!

However, let me find out myself once I got a girl during my next trip to Hong Kong.

Jules: Sure, buying a bunch of them and selling at eBay before X-mas would be really profitable  ;D,  but how to carry them home...?  :P

Who of you like to get one ? Make your offers !  ;D ;D ;D

Smilegirl

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Hello guys!!!;)

I want a Pleo RB you know it :)
I'm so happy about my three Pleos Fay my cute girl (Pink RB) and Pleo my old cool boy  (ugbe Pleo) :-) and chill out boy smoothie (ugbe Pleo)=.)

CARPE DIEM!;-)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace

Need a porter to come with you, marc?  :P  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

I've been sitting here racking my brains wondering who I know that goes to Hong Kong since you first posted! :D

Seriously, thanks again for posting - especially the videos.  It's been so interesting to watch them.  ;D

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female

I've been sitting here racking my brains wondering who I know that goes to Hong Kong since you first posted! :D

I've been sitting here thinking the same thing :P

Jules

• Fossil hunter
  • Female

Well that makes three of us lol

marcimarc444  thank you for the video it was very interesting to see the new parts of Pleo rb.

Sure wish I knew how to get these into the UK as a decent price. I would defiantly scoop a few up to sell on.

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female

Yes, thank you for the video. It was very interesting! :) I couldn't help but wonder, if the blue and pink Pleos are only for the Asian market, why there's a US and UK electric plug fitting in the box %)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace

As for the plug if you remember, degers told us in the interview that included in the box, there would be a Universal Plug or adapter, that would be just as workable for the US, Uk, or anywhere else, Just because the Pleo Rb was introduced to the Hong Kong market first, the contents are SUPPOSED to be the same, The color, blue and pink though are exclusive to Hong Kong ( China ) market only, Here in the US, and probably everywhere else, it is going to be the green/ yellow shades that we already were shown by degers.
              If I had the money to fly to Hong Kong, I would buy a few of these, but bringing them back would be where all the taxes and such would get expensive, plus the boxes would get heavy. Besides, we are according to Grumpy going to be getting pre-orders for these here shortlly, so we just have to keep our fingers crossed and be patient.
              I know with the other Pleos, when they are hungery they will eat anything including your fingers, have you tryed putting a finger in your hungery Pleos mouth yet, doesn't he have a leaf to eat?
 Hope he does not get sick, It does not sound good that he is not walking or taking any steps? that is strange... :o I hope he gets better soon and what he needs.
                                          RedwoodsMama and family of six pleos
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

bhobbes

Maybe we can start a Hong Kong travel fund so you can fly there and grab pleos for us (plus I really want a blue one, haha). Pleo smuggling could be the next big thing.

And thanks for the video marcimarc444!

I am definitely in the same boat as others here checking their email in hopes of ordering information.

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo

Hmmm.... contraband pleos.  Interesting thought.  I can just see the Pleo Police staked out at the Hong Kong airport waiting to arrest any black (um, blue and pink) marketers....

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace

The waiting is a killer!!! :(  I feel like I'm attached to the computer permanently.  Hanging out for the magic email that will let me buy a pleo rb. 

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male

You find there is always a lot of gadgets etc that sell on ebay from Hong Kong i wonder if the hong kong exclusive pleo will turn up on ebay any time soon ?
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace

I wondered that, Gaz, I'm sure there's plenty of Chinese sellers out there that are not above a spot of Pleo rustling!  ;)

Brishelle

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female

I've been keeping a very close eye on ebay hk, but nothing so far. All the older versions with some cute little side products I think would be adorable for my pleo, but nothing remotely related to RB's yet. Soon!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace

Hey, you know I have had a thought, I am getting my batteries directly from the factory in China, and I have their direct line, fax line and addess, I am ready to deal with them direct, and have thought about seeing about what I can buy and what I can't and how things will work, If there were any way that I could get a line of selling Pleo Rb and I did say, IF IF IF AND IF, then I would do so and let everyone here on the forums know right away,
 I still think it is as degers and Grumpy stated that the Pleo Rb are for the Hong Kong market now only and no one else, but if they become available later for distribution here in the U.S. and I have any way possbile to gettting hold of some for resale, I will let everyone here know. Just a thought and nothing more, so don't get too excited, just a nice thought that may be able to happen but probably not untill they have been on the market for some time, I dont think Innova is going to let anyone else get in on anything besides them at this point. And for anyone who has seen the items listed on the China Ebay market that relate to Pleo, the prices are very high , like a Original Pleo Collar that cost $25.00 in U.s currency, I think that is very expensive....just my own opinion though.

RedwoodsMama and family of six pleos
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • Pleo(s): Jimmy Jonny and Judy
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy

Hello People!

I m sooooo very curious on the new Reborn Pleo hope very that the new Color not again peel, otherwise can we it forget. Or? :( Loud Aibo-Friends Forum in Germany have she said that the new RB Pleo in Year 2011 out come should, it it so true then get Jimmy and Jonny a new Friend from Innvo Labs cool. Or? :)

Gretings

Franzi and the Pleos Jimmy and Jonny
3 Pleos: Jimmy Jonny and Judy

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male

Hey marcimarc
Just wondered if you wanted to keep us updated on how your time with Pleo Reborn is going dude ? Seen anything new yet also how long does each charge last ? is the lipoly battery making the difference ?

Also wanting to know if you have seen the temperature sensor coming into play yet ? like when he gets hot starts panting etc ?? and have you been able to do the name recognition yet will be interesting to see that in action  ;D

Oh and how is the paint on skin holding up , have you noticed any of it starting to wear off just yet ? That is something we all want to know for sure  :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:16:58 PM by barrettgazzy »
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace

Would love to have another update on your amazing blue pleo.  Have you received your accessories yet?

marcimarc444

• Male

Hi,

Sorry for keep you waiting. I am really busy right now.

No further response from customerservice@innvolabs.com about the accessories.
I am very disappointed, because first feedback was very quick and now....NOTHING  >:(
I will try to get it in the shop when I go to HKG in November again.

Susi makes no real progress unfortunately. She seems to be very sad (hungry?) and still dont walk any step...

Charging the new LiPo Battery takes around 3 hours and keeps her "running" almost 2 hours.

I did not checked the temperature sensor yet, because its not that hot/cold in my house ;D and I dont want
to put my Pleo in the oven or fridge  :o

Name recognition is not working as Susi refused to accept the ID card so far. Maybe she wants to be feeded first, but I cannot  :(

For the paint I recognized that some paint already came off at the back  :o so looks like its not very much improved. Maybe it will getting
better for the green "western" versions later.

As you see, no bigger progress so far.

Will keep you updated.

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace

Sorry to hear that Susi is still not happy and not progressing.  I hope you are able to get your accessories soon.  :(
I'm surprised to hear that her paint is beginning to wear off already after such a short period of time.  It's a little disappointing as this was meant to be improved on the new pleos. 
I hope you hear back from Innvo soon and they send you the accessories your missing so Susi can be happy and healthy.
Keep us updated on her progress.
 :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal