Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Pleo is always sleeping with his head down(and other problems)  (Read 2571 times)

puska53

Hi everyone!

I bought my Pleo last week. Battery was charging overnight(strangely enough the charger would never turn green light on, it just turned the red one off after several hours). When I turned him on, hi started looking around and I tried some tricks from the manual. He did stand up on his back legs, chew his leaf, whine when held by the tail and go to sleep when hugged. But he won't start exploring no matter how many times I hold his front legs. He also completely ignored pleo button that should change volume, mute and restore packing position.

I read that 2.0 upgrade makes pleos more active and downloaded it. Installation went ok(although it was really weird to hear Pleo talking in human voice), he turned to hatchling and when he hatched he started behaving really good(except for making some disturbing clicking noises with his limbs). He was walking around(although for some reason he preferred to go backwards most of the time), chewing his leaf and I had some fun with him. But that lasted for 1 charge only. Next time I powered him on the only thing he did is spreading legs so pressure sensors on his feet are not pressed, put head and tail down, close his eyes and start making sleeping noises.

When I take him into my hands, he may wake up if shaken hard, and he also reacts to holding him by the tail quite loudly. But most of the time he would go to sleep immediately after you stop touching him. When I try to make him stand on his feet he would bend his neck down so he is rubbing the floor with his mouth and front legs won't even reach the ground. He's also not holding his head too firm, it shakes a bit when I shake him in my hands. I've read about brocken necks on this forum, but that does not seem to be the case as he's swinging it around when held by his tail.

That has lasted for 2 charges already. How can I cure my Pleo from this sleepy-head disease?

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
Re: New Pleo is always sleeping with his head down(and other problems)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 04:10:39 AM »

Nothing is wrong.  Pleo has gone to hatchling mode after the update.
Leave your pleo on the ground and stroke/interact until your Pleo wakes up.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 01:29:17 PM »

puska53, congratulations on getting your Pleo. ;D Like degers says, your Pleo is fine, just a baby and it takes time for him/her to react, give it time to lean as it is just a baby and will sleep a lot the first couple of times it is charged, I would caution you though as you noted you had read about " broken necks", it is easier than you think and often without any warning to have your baby Pleo develop a broken neck, and without any apparent injury as well. I would not shake your Pleo under any circumstance and( When I take him into my hands, he may wake up if shaken hard) to me this is similar to " Shaken Baby Syndrome") and it may be the beginning of a neck cable problem if you continue to do it, You may be lucky and nothing may happen, but I know you would not be happy if your baby did get a broken cable in their neck, as there is no cure, { unless you just happen to be gifted enough to know how to open Pleo up and fix , sauter cables etc, which most of us are not.}
            My Poor Nova has a broken neck, and she now wears a neck brace 24/7 365 days a year. She still is a happy little pleo and can do everything other Pleos do except lift her head up, other directions are fine, I still have no idea how she hurt her neck, but I would give anything to have her back to " normal", but she is not, but I still love her just as much if not more, I know you would feel terrible if your little baby would suffer from the same malady and you had somehow not knowingly caused it, so just a word of caution, be very gentle with your baby, You can shake her shoulders or tap her on the back or head gently and she will feel it. Holding her by the tail is ok, if you want to, but just do not shake her at least not hard, Pleos are very sensitive to shaking and can feel it without a lot of shaking required. Enjoy your Pleo and you will soon have lots of adventures to tell us about. Good luck.
                              RedwoodsMama   and MS. Nova   and Friend
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 08:17:53 PM »

Welcome :) Pleo will wake up, just give him lots of pets and pats and make sure you have removed the SD card from when you did the update otherwise poor Pleo is re-updating everytime you turn him on :o
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal