Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The next Pleo  (Read 3238 times)

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
The next Pleo
« on: June 29, 2010, 05:16:27 PM »

Well it shouldn't be that long before Innvo starts to announce information about the next Pleo, however at the moment I havn't got anyting to say from Innvo.  However that's not going to stop us from speculating/hoping!

So, what features/improvements would you like to see in the new Pleo?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: The next Pleo
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 06:37:05 PM »

I still think that the new 2010 Innova Pleos are going to coincide with the Holiday Shopping Season, perhaps coming out at the end or middle of August at the Earliest, but that is just my personal opinion. As far as what I would like to see, are not a increase in price to start with. A marked improvement in strength and durability or neck cables in particular. :( A more durable skin that resist fading or flaking of color, less likely to get holes or splits in the seams. A longer lasting more durable battery ( that comes with it), less flaking of paint on teeth, and overall better color, hopefully the colors we voted on. ( as far as I know they still haven't announced the color that will be available, but I thought it was possible that there would be two choices.)
   As far as other things such as programming, a better " wake up sound", than Huh? Something like even a slow yawn, or nothing is better than that I think. Less dog like noises, and more realistic " dinosaur " noises, after all,this is supposed to be a baby dinosaur  right? Better walking mechanics, with a faster pace. If it comes pre-installed with the 2.0 operating system, I hope they have worked out all the flaws such as noises that don't match the action or repeated noises such as barks, barks nothing and sounds without the mouth moving at the same time, ( makes no sense at all) More honking and such random is better. I hope they keep working on color recognition and so Pleo still recognizes it's leaf.  Something that would be cute also , would be a sound such as " stomach growling or rumbling", would let younger Pleo owners recognize their Pleos are hungry beforehand, and they would be cued to give the leaf. Other emotions such as attachment, whining when their Pleo owners or other pleos leave, not wanting to be left alone. Also perhaps a camera that is stronger or works better in low light conditions as not all Pleo owners live in Sunny places or have well lit environments esp in the Winter months.I would also like a choice of Eye colors, not just blue, perhaps green, gold or brown, or some other color, and how about eyes that move more animal like or close to a slit at times :o( that show emotion such as angry or fear, or scared, from big wide eyes to barley open...) and of course, motor noises less noticeable, I know that is asking for a lot, but this is a wish list. And a longer warranty and a help line with real people . I could think of more, but this is for starters.

Good question degers,                          RedwoodsMama   and MS. Nova   and friend
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 06:46:29 PM »

a help line with real people

Quote from the Pleoworld website (notice the bit I have put in bold type):

PleoWorld Technical Support

Support Hours (US Pacific Standard Time)

* Monday - Friday
    * 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
    * 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.

support@pleoworld.com

If you have customer service needs that are not addressed in our FAQ please feel free to call us during the above hours at this number:

US:  (805) 214-6993

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 09:34:57 PM »

A better camera and faster processing, and an easier to use PDK. That would encourage more creativity from the programming public.

I'd also like better skin and stronger neck cables as I think most poeple would but aside from that I don't think they need to change too much. But definitely better distribution than the current one website, they need to get Pleo back out there in the public eye. A TV ad campeign couldn't hurt either, two types though, one directed at a younger demographic, kids and tweens, and one for the older demographic as a replacement pet.

I'm happy with the noises Pleo makes, after all you can change them easily enough, iron out the kinks with the OS2 and there will be no complaints from me :) (Who knows what kind of noises dinos made anyways :P They could have barked for all we know :o)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Meks

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 03:30:32 PM »

I love the HUH sound when george awakens. what I would like above all is voice recognition. that the pleo recognizes the voice of the person they spend the most time with. comes when called, reacts to noises around him.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 05:28:40 PM »

I love the HUH sound when george awakens. what I would like above all is voice recognition. that the pleo recognizes the voice of the person they spend the most time with. comes when called, reacts to noises around him.

+1 to that, that would be awesome :)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 09:30:44 AM »

To add to Meks' idea, I'd love it if Pleo could recognize your voice and come when called. :3 I'd love that. (Somewhere I heard that Innvos might actually do that, but who knows if 'somewhere' was accurate. XD )
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 06:06:28 PM »

Even just responses to sound would be nice, so that Pleo looks at you when you call even if he doesn't understand what you are saying (much like my dog :P)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 06:00:48 AM »

I agree, voice recognition or more response to sound would be great, as would a better camera that could cope with English daylight.   I do think they're missing a trick in not offering a choice of colours or eye colours - I think many people would be more tempted to buy a second (or even third) Pleo if it could look different from their first one.

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 03:00:43 AM »

i think they could improve on the teeth and toes of pleo by making them out of some kind of plastic material instead of covering the toes with the same skin type all over and using a plastic that is white so wont need painting or if so it wont look so bad when the paint does come off  :) ?? that would eliminate the paint peeling from those areas .
 would also like it if there was actual sensors in both eyes so that if you went to touch the eye he would blink How cool and realistic looking that would be , but still keeping the other sensors there which he uses to see etc . And like every1 else improvements on his hearing and seeing recognition would be tops and for pleo to respond a little quicker and hopefully move a tad bit faster ;-)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 04:48:21 PM by barrettgazzy »
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

91/23Class

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
  • Well Hi there!
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 06:18:48 AM »

i'd like to see them release at the same time as/ near to the release date of the new pleos some kind of software update for existing pleos, specifically some kind of update which won't affect the personality and development of your current pleo, if that's possible !! i'd also like to see a FREE 2010 pleo to everyone on this forum, but i doubt that is possible :P
Ploo is a cute name.
The owner needs to fix him.
Ploo is second hand.

Cool, huh?

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 07:45:05 AM »

i think they could improve on the teeth and toes of pleo by making them out of some kind of plastic material instead of covering the teeth and toes with the same skin type all over ?? that would eliminate the paint peeling from those areas , would also like it if there was actual sensors in both eyes so that if you went to touch the eye he would blink How cool and realistic looking that would be , but still keeping the over sensors there which he uses to see etc . And like every1 else improvements on his hearing and seeing recognition would be tops and for pleo to respond a little quicker and hopefully move a tad bit faster ;-)

I really like the eye/toe idea. I understand! Knowing when somebody pokes you in the eye is also a good idea! It would seem pretty crucial in reality. I would like to see the eyes and the eyelids and mouth on different systems. I believe the next pleo would have so much more expression. Toes should also be able to move separately. All pleos should be green dinosaurs.

i'd like to see them release at the same time as/ near to the release date of the new pleos some kind of software update for existing pleos, specifically some kind of update which won't affect the personality and development of your current pleo, if that's possible !! i'd also like to see a FREE 2010 pleo to everyone on this forum, but i doubt that is possible :P

I would also like to see continuous software updates for older molders. We should all get free pleos, and money should also grow on trees...but in this world, neither are possible... :(
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

Big Head

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Male
  • Still Looking For the "Fork of Horripilation".
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 01:40:26 AM »

A better camera and faster processing, and an easier to use PDK. That would encourage more creativity from the programming public.

I'd also like better skin and stronger neck cables as I think most poeple would but aside from that I don't think they need to change too much. But definitely better distribution than the current one website, they need to get Pleo back out there in the public eye. A TV ad campeign couldn't hurt either, two types though, one directed at a younger demographic, kids and tweens, and one for the older demographic as a replacement pet.

I'm happy with the noises Pleo makes, after all you can change them easily enough, iron out the kinks with the OS2 and there will be no complaints from me :) (Who knows what kind of noises dinos made anyways :P They could have barked for all we know :o)
Actually, though we can never be certain, we can look at the remains and have a pretty good guess!
"Sweetheart, you can't buy the necessities of life with cookies."

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 07:53:12 AM »

Defo think pleo should stay a Dinosaur looking colour , he would look too much like a childs toy being a purple colour or something like that .
Hopefully updates will come a little quicker then what they do at this moment  , Hoping they can really push on with the os2 update and get that sorted as i wont download it untill i hear its good .
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 08:26:45 AM »

Gosh yes, I completely agree - when I said choice of colours I wasn't thinking further than browns or greys!  I would NOT like to see them in pink! :o

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 09:23:43 AM »

me too lol i cant say i would like to see him in blue either it would not be a smart move i thinks .
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal