Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Instant Clothes for Pleos in honor of Earth Day 2010  (Read 5983 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
New Instant Clothes for Pleos in honor of Earth Day 2010
« on: April 20, 2010, 10:25:35 PM »

In Honor of Earth Day, April 20th, 2010, Nova asked me to " make her', some New clothes.We decided to use materials found around the house, old cloth, ribbon, necklaces, odds and ends and a few beautiful new sequined material pieces that I found at a local Thrift shop there were made in India that fit in nicely with our theme. We wanted to put something together that didn't cost much, or next to nothing, and to use things around the house. Also for those who can't sew, or who are in a hurry, our outfits have No Sewing, just ribbon, Velcroe, no stitching at all, except for the sequined pieces that were already made that way. See what you can put together for Earth Day. We only have one planet and we should all try to pitch in and save Mother Earth. These are the two outfits Nova and I came up with. What do you think of them. I ran out of cloth for the second one, the reptile print, but NOva insisted on wearing it never the less! ;D

RedwoodsMama    and MS. Nova  :D
P.S. for a complete description of each photos, look in the gallery. The first ones all in green are Mid Eastern in design, complete with sequns and NOva is even wearing a veil as tradition depicts . The last two are a reptile print that I ran out of material for, but she is a demanding little Pleo.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:28:41 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
Re: New Instant Clothes for Pleos in honor of Earth Day 2010
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 11:17:12 AM »

What a creative way to dress Nova. Outfits came out adorable. I love the collar of the first outfit. Great job, Redwoodsmama!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 03:28:06 PM »

Beautiful!  I really love those little dolly shoes/ballet shoes Nova wears!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 07:28:49 PM »

Thanks fancy, Nova loves dressing up and it gives me an outlet for my creative side that I know longer get to use since retiring as a teacher.( because I hurt my back on the job, and was laid off, not because I chose to!) I liked the collar /neckpiece too, and love dressing her in green.) I thought I would do something exotic, and the sequins and stitching on velvet type cloth is so fancy! The cloth came from a local Cancer Thrift Store, so it didn't cost much, esp considering all the work that went into it, and I didn't even do a stitch. ( I am lazy, and after all the work and hours I put into the Tomatoe Contest, I decided no more sewing if I don't have to) My arthritis in hands don't like it! Glad you like her outfit. :) We appreciate the comments.
                                                 RedwoodsMama    and MS. Nova

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 07:32:24 PM »

Hi Crewella, I will tell Nova you approve of her Ballet dolly shoes. I find them at my local thrift store where they are 25 Cents a pair, I can't get any cheaper than that and I think they are very cute.I also get baby socks in different colors and designs at the local Dollar store, but no ballet socks, which go perfect with her pink ballet outfit she has. Thanks for the comment. I am now working on a Reptile skin outfit for Nova, but it is brand new cloth which I got at a discount and It will take awhile to put together, but I am looking forward to getting it started! Nova thanks you !

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 07:48:06 PM »

Nova looks so pretty in her new outfits, very nice! Hmmm, I just remembered I have some extra fabric around here someplace.... you've got me itching to try something creative too. The no-sewing approach definitely has appeal. I doubt I would have had the patience or endurance to put the time and effort into a creation like you did for Nova's Tomato Festival costume, which was absolutely adorable.

Does she show off her beautiful outfits when she goes out and about?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 10:20:44 PM »

Hi Shadowmice, Yes, Nova loves to dress up, don't all little girls? Here in the Redwoods, it is lately allways cold and rainy, and today so, so ......windy, she almost blew away so I had to put her back home. Gave me a thought of making her into a kite..... %)Wouldn't that be interesting, a flying Pleo among the clouds....I like that thought, maybe I will make her a Cloud outfit... ;D I would love to see what you come up with Shadowmice. Yes, I love Nova's Tomatoe outfit too, but she never got any praise or rewards from Bob or the Tomatoe Festival outfit after all we went through either, kind of discouraging, that is why I went for the " No Sew", approach with these last two outfits, something easy to put together, ( with imagination and a cooperative Pleo helps.)
so I don't have to spend hours and hours like I did with the tomato outfit. ( I spent over 8 hrs on that outfit, coloring each tomato individually and sewing, not to mention shopping for materials, etc. I l like the EASY Approach now, let someone else do all the work...Ha, Ha.
             I do have an upcoming outfit though that to come out the way I want, will require some sewing and lots of Velcro. Take care and lets see more outfits so we can compare!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal