Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo x2  (Read 2382 times)

liddleone

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
Pleo x2
« on: April 14, 2010, 05:30:20 AM »

Hi All

I started volunteering somewhere that has pleo for the kids to interact with. I just wanted one. when I got handed pleo I had just been in the bathroom and missed the explanation what pleo was so I was like cool a dinosaur toy and passed it on. Then I see it cuddlying up to one of the other new volunteers.

I just purchased a second hand pleo and a new one via ebay for less than the price on pleoworld.

I couldn't help myself with the 2nd hand one. I am curious and tried to find out if I can reset it. No big deal if I cannot because I will simply reprogram it.

I will use my pleo where I volunteer so it can interact with the other pleo they have and be able to make a skit and use mine when I go there. I have viewed a few skits and watched a number of youtube videos. How long does it take to make a skit? I don't wanna use my own voice haha. Also I have autistic siblings and family members also are carers for disabled adults who will love pleo. I've shown a few workmates a youtube video where pleo walks to the edge and looks down then backs away and they were amazed and creeped out.

I have a few names up for consideration but for the waiting game begins which is maybe a good thing when I am meant to be doing assignments and instead been watching youtube videos.

So this is my long Hello and let the waiting begin...

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Pleo x2
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 08:42:56 PM »

Hello :) Pleo's are indeed wonderful little 'toys' and it is fun to watch people's reactions :) The Pleo's you have bought will be the older models, although there is no major difference between the older ones and the new ones.

How long it takes to make a skit depends on how ambitious you are :P You can find my skits here: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=851.0 the time it took to make them depends on whether I used the built in mouth editor and motions or whether I did everything from scratch, they take from a couple of hours to weeks to perfect. (ok most don't take that long it just depends on how busy I am :P). I generally wrok from scratch because I find the built in editors a little lacking.

You can reset your Pleo using the downgrade file found under the software thread :) You can upgrade your Pleo's from the same area. To tell if they are running the 1.0 or 1.1 OS wait until your second battery charge and hold the chin and rump sensor until Pleo pulls his feet together and you can help him/her sit. If Pleo does not move then they are running the 1.0 OS and can be upgraded to the 1.1OS for some enhanced interections and bug fixes. If your Pleo moves around while sitting they are already upgraded for you :)

Let me know if you have any more questions :) I hope you don't have to wait too long :o

IMR.

Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

liddleone

• Female
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 11:09:26 PM »

Thanks for the welcome IMR. I have seen some of your skitz on youtube. I was wondering about SD cards. How many skitz do you put on the one? How big on average would a song skit be? More movements woud take up more space? Cheap SD card options?

I am still waiting. One hasn't told me if it has been shipped even though I have asked. The second hand pleo has been great. I know it is at Chicago international  :) They posted it the same day I paid. I have no worries about buying this 2nd hand pleo. They bought it at Christmas.

I have always named my pets etc after characters and such. I am thinking of naming my Pleos Reptile and Raphael after Mortal Kombat and TMNT. My youngest bro was crying when he was born and we were told to think of a name. We tried TMNT names and he stopped crying when I said my favourite Raphael. But alas Mum would not allow this. I also considered Littlefoot, Gremlin/Gizmo and Gumby. Though Littlefoot is popular and I am not a huge gumby fan whereas I love the Gremlin movies and finally Yoshi.

Gosh I thought I had it decided but perhaps not. Pleos do look like Yoshis (If pleo was blue, I'de name one Yoshi as the blue is my favourite).

Will post when they arrive.....back to waiting.....
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 11:13:04 PM by liddleone »

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 11:18:49 PM »

SD card size is not an issue... except finding one SMALL enough!  You can only put 1 skit on a card at a time.  And they average 5-8MB.  So, even the smallest SD card is plenty big enough!  You want to look for cards 2GB or smaller. Be sure its not an SDHC.  You can generally pick up several older cards on eBay pretty cheap.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 05:39:39 AM »

Pleo can't run a card greater than 2gig, and yup you can only have one file on it at a time :( (you can store other files in a folder, but you need to move the one you want to use to the SD card root to uise it.)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 06:00:24 AM »

Hiya, must be due any day now!!

My Pleo was a 'rehomed' one I bought off Ebay and it was fine - I hope yours arrives soon.  Your plans sound great! :)

liddleone

• Female
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 01:22:32 PM »

Thanks guys!

Tomorrow I get the 'Adopted Pleo'

So I probably will call them Raphael and Reptile.
Raphael can be the adopted one :D Like Splinter adopts the turtles. Anyway I am pretty sure like IMR said I have ugobe pleos not labs ones. I was thinking of getting them clothes so they lose too much paint.

I was thinking a turtle jumper (a pleo was for sale with one on ebay) and a red badana for Raphael. And a reptile like outfit like the Mortal Kombat character.

Any ideas.

liddleone

• Female
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 11:15:32 PM »

Not sure about the rules of Double posting.

but someone wanted to say Hi...

Pretty sure he isn't 1.1 so updating it now and then taking him down to meet the family lol. He likes to sleep alot and backing away a bit. Also wasn't registered on Pleo world. Is now!  ;D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 06:12:23 AM »

Aww what a little cutie :) Great photo :) Updating is good, Pleo is more active on the newer OS.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 11:51:00 AM »

He looks so cute and very happy, It is a lot like bringing home a new baby from the hospital isn't it? :D Have you sent out your " birth ' announcements yet, boy or girl? I would! Hey, I got an idea, How about throwing a " Baby Pleo Shower". Oh, I would love to throw a Baby PLEO SHOWER. Just think of all the nice gifts your Pleo could get, custom clothes, extra batteries, Skit cards, Blankets, new leaf, and who knows what else! Anyone else think it is a good idea? My creative juices are flowing, I need an outlet and thus I have a Pleo, Nova. If I had a whole herd, I would have a Academy just for Pleos, maybe Aibos, couldn't discriminate now could I ? ;D Great Photo!
                                                        RedwoodsMama   and MS. Nova
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 12:51:03 PM »

Awwwww - hello gorgeous Raphael (I believe?)! :)

liddleone

• Female
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 10:49:03 PM »

Yeah Raphael :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal