Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Room just launched?  (Read 3531 times)

Pleotonic

• Leaving the nest
Pleo Room just launched?
« on: December 31, 2008, 11:49:49 PM »

Howdy all, i was playin around in Facebook as a Pleo fan and found two great sites which is this one (BobthePleo I just joined today - yay!) and also PleoRoom, a new site on Pleo -> http://www.pleoroom.com ...wow I loved that web template layout! Discovered they just launched the site and its forum only less than a few days ago. Hah, aint that great? we have two places to share our pleo experiences now...here and there

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: Pleo Room just launched?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 10:11:43 AM »

Wow!  I guess the fact that Ugobe has dropped their forum is forcing their affiliates to step in.  Pleo Room is supported by the Asian supplier.  The Italian one also has a set of forums ( http://www.pleoworld.it/ ), but it's in italian.  And the Taiwanese ( http://www.ucube.com.tw/main.php ) in chinese.  At least the Malaysian one is in English!

Starfire

• Head of the herd
  • Female
  • Pleo's seranade Seaworld
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 06:36:50 PM »

Very cool.  I'm glad to see the new sites springing up.  The more interest the better.

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 09:43:48 PM »

Yes these are all good sites, since the death of Pleoworld. Mweed found me on Pleoroom and asked me to join his site. Although Pleoroom sure is a great website, I strongly discourage everyone from going there. They will censor your posts. They will only keep what they feel is 'appropriate'. I did not use any vulgarities, I merely responded to a post. Well, the next day, when I went to see if anyone replied, I saw that my post was removed. I was so offended by this censorship, I removed them from my bookmarks and wrote to them discussing my feelings, and still have yet to receive any word from them. So, it is for this reason I have chosen to personally boycott that site. I encourage YOU to do the same.
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 10:50:11 PM »

Pleoroom is a good site.  It was primarily formed to support the South East Asian community, and may not be for everyone.  I can't really say anything about gucci_boi's experience because I don't know anything about it, but I have had to remove some posts from these forums in the past.  But I promise, if anyone has any issues or complaints about what I do, I will respond!  In fact, I would guess people are starting to get tired of hearing me beg for comments and suggestions on the forums. :P

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, gucci_boi. 

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 02:21:34 AM »

UPDATE!!

Thanks Mweed! I really appreciate it. You know I really do like pleoroom. It really is a good site. So anyway, I wrote to Pleoroom on Facebook. The admin from the site and Facebook personally responded to me. Telling me it was an error. That really is a good site, and I feel horrible I gave them a bad rep.

Please read the comment I received from them on Facebook:
"Hey Spencer, yeah we are the admin for PleoRoom.Com. And we checked what you mentioned about your deleted post and we were equally baffled as well because we have not deleted any post from anyone before...so we are also scratching our heads as to what happened. We have in fact been saying that it is so cool to have guys like you coming over to help us so I think there must be some errors or bugs somewhere that we need to still look into as we go along developing the site. In fact what we have been doing is launching it early then slowly pick up the pieces to tidy up the loose ends. In fact yours is the first case of the post being "deleted" because earlier on we had some problems with the PM (Private Messaging) as some messages didnt seem to get thru. So SORRY bout that and I do really hope that you will bear with us and continue to help us with your great inputs and postings because we really didnt delete the post. Do come back...pleassssse. We need all the help we can get!"

So, I apologize for speaking negatively about such a good site!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 04:31:07 PM by gucci_boi7782 »
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal