Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: UGOBE not talking anymore!  (Read 7593 times)

orionis23

• Following the footsteps
  • Male
Re: UGOBE not talking anymore!
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2009, 01:22:38 PM »

True... but that warranty only covers defects, which will present themselves relatively quickly (as they did with mine.) It won't cover wear and tear damage, accident, or the like, so the extra warranty time isn't worth much. It's hard to stomach spending 300 euro on something knowing it's only $200 US in the States... The kicker is that currently Ugobe isn't even making themsleves available to honor the 90 day one!

krystald

• Female
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2009, 07:23:36 PM »

I received a random email from Ugobe on 20/01/09, with a link to downloads and a short sentance on how Pleo World forum is down with no eta on when it will be up and going again. Im guessing this might be a reply to an email I sent customer support back on the 20/12/08 in relation to their registration page not working (they promissed to get back to me within 2 businness days!!!)

They have recommend to do the following if Pleo keeps falling asleep or freezing

After you update successfully and you find Pleo going to sleep or freezes please do the following:

NOTE:Put your thumb between Pleo's eyes and index finger under his chin and squeeze his mouth together while holding his button on his belly down for approx 10 seconds.

Then Turn Pleo on then off and hold him upside down by the tail for approx 15 seconds. Pleo should appear aggravated and begin to call out.
 For new pleo skits:go to: www.dogsbodynet.com

Has anyone elese got this email?

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2009, 09:14:57 PM »

Anything interesting on the link to the downloads?

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2009, 09:23:45 PM »

Ugobe.com is online again! They have updated the "team" page and the contact informations, the new address is in Eagle, Idaho. ;)

As of 10:15pm CST, January 27th, 2009, both Ugobe.com and pleoworld.com were returning connection errors.  No site, no message, url not found.

orionis23

• Male
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 01:55:41 AM »

As of the date and time of this post, they are both up and working normally for me (fresh reloads, not cached)... except for the forums of course...

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 07:44:22 AM »

They seem up and going this morning.  But junkroxy is right.  They sure have streamlined "the team"

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 11:32:12 AM »

True... but that warranty only covers defects, which will present themselves relatively quickly (as they did with mine.) It won't cover wear and tear damage, accident, or the like, so the extra warranty time isn't worth much. It's hard to stomach spending 300 euro on something knowing it's only $200 US in the States... The kicker is that currently Ugobe isn't even making themsleves available to honor the 90 day one!

I agree Orionis, but you know that the original price of Pleo was $ 349 (265 euros), and it's still the current price on Ugobe site.
For european customers it's better purchase pleo in their country if they're living there, for your same problem. ;)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 11:55:11 AM by Junkroxy »

krystald

• Female
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2009, 07:09:23 PM »

Hi Grumpy,

They just recommend checking out Pleoworld and another site called  www.dogsbodynet.com

orionis23

• Male
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 01:12:01 AM »

I agree Orionis, but you know that the original price of Pleo was $ 349 (265 euros), and it's still the current price on Ugobe site.
For european customers it's better purchase pleo in their country if they're living there, for your same problem. ;)

The price on Pleo has jumped around quite a bit in the States... the official Amazon price has been as low as $150 at times. I think the original price was rather inflated!   ;)  For sure european customers are better off buying in Europe for warranty reasons... The thing is, I'm not a european customer and will be in the States where I bought my defective Pleo shortly. Again the issue is that Ugobe is simply not currently servicing the warranty to anyone. Hopefully that will change!

I think it's great that the italian distributor (E-Motion) is offering a great warranty and still servicing it... I think I may buy a new Pleo here anyway for my wife because of that (she sure misses Pleopardox!) That way if Ugobe ever does replace our first one we'll have one for each side of the Pond!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal