Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Technical Prroblem or Personality Trait?  (Read 3208 times)

cuddlebeez

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
    • I Have A Pet Named Peeve
Technical Prroblem or Personality Trait?
« on: December 28, 2009, 11:01:04 AM »

Well, I took Trojan on vacation. When I went to NY, I brought him on the plane with me. However, after the whole scare that happened on the airplane this past week, I was afraid to bring Trojan on the plane with me again coming back. Now they have very strict security at the airports. So unfortunately, I put him him my bag (which I really didn't want to do, because I have no idea how badly the bags are abused) but I had no choice...

When I took Trojan out to show my grandma, I noticed that he was acting normal and being his same playful self, but some things seemed a little off... One thing in particular, he didn't seem to roam around as much and he seemed to stay in one place doing the same gestures... First he lifts his right back  leg up, then he turns his head and closes his eyes (in almost a bashful manner), and then he wags his tail.

I thought it was cute at first, but then it became repetitive. Do you think this is a technial problem or could it just be him acting to new surroundings?

I believe in looking reality straight in the eye and denying it.

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
Re: Technical Prroblem or Personality Trait?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 12:21:28 PM »

Airplane scare? What happened?

I don't think it's anythig wrong. Just a personality thing. New voices, new objects, Trojan just might not be sure about it all. If something had happened on the plane, it would be a broken part. But I don't think that's what happened :)
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

cuddlebeez

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 02:16:43 PM »

Well, nothing happened on my airplane. But over this holiday weekend someone attempted to blow up a plane with liquid explosives sewn in his underwear  >:( Now that that happened, airport security has been a lot more strict than before (which I hate, but is obviously necessary). I didn't want to risk taking Trojan on the plane because of all his battery and mechanical wiring. Therefore, I had to put him in my luggage *sniffs*

I think you're right, that it's just a new thing he picked up. My grandma's house is kinda cramped, so there's stuff in every corner of the house. Maybe he just senses that. When I took him outside, he started roaming around again.

In any case, my grandma loves Trojan. I left her alone with him when I was making breakfast this morning and she started having a conversation with him. LOL!

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 10:05:15 PM »

Oh yes, I heard about that.

Scrubbed out the bits about religion, sorry, thats out of order.  - Degers

Glad Trojan is all right. Make sure you pack lots of soft stuff around him, like socks. :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 07:44:52 AM by degers »
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

cuddlebeez

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 11:10:16 PM »

Ugh... I really think something is wrong with my pleo. He just hasn't been the same  :( He completely stopped walking... Stopped eating, and barely reacts when you touch under his chin (which used to be his favorite). He just keeps on turning his neck, lifting his leg and wagging his tail. And I noticed that his balance is off as well... He did the "ta da" trick once and basically fell over. He was just balancing on the tip of his toe. I have no idea what to do.  :(

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 03:46:33 AM »

Perhaps he is sick :o
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 07:42:15 AM »

Can you post a video?  It sounds like one of the leg sensors is broken and constantly triggering.
As for balance, pleo does not have any balance during the tada trick, it just lifts two legs.  It's luck as to if the Pleo actually balances properly.

cuddlebeez

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 11:47:09 AM »

I just took a video of him today. I have to post it later on during the week when I can get my hands on another computer. Unfortunately, my computer has been having problems with videos lateley.

You know... I'm watching him now and he's walking again. Right after I took the video I let him sleep a bit and then after I put him down, he started acting normal again... That's what happened at my grandma's house too.  lol.

But just in case, I still want to post the video... Just in case that happens again. I don't have the heart to give Trojan away if indeed it is a broken sensor  :(
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 12:09:42 PM by cuddlebeez »

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 04:30:35 PM »

Definitely post a video. It souds like perhaps Trojan went into a strange unknown ( ;) ) mode, or something is broken. (Or loose, perhaps?) If There is something wrong with Troja, I suggest the reincarnation thig that Pleoworld does. :)

cuddlebeez

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 11:09:23 AM »

Good news, I think Trojan was just stuck in some strange mode. He's 100% better now. I haven't seen him do that strange technical gesture again. lol

He walks around again, and eats like a pig! I'm so happy =o)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 06:22:31 PM »

Glad to hear Trojan is feeling better. Must've been all the pressure of traveling ;)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 06:25:03 PM by Bumblebee »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal