Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monstro says hello, and so do I! :)  (Read 2341 times)

ellen_g

• Hatchling
  • Female
Monstro says hello, and so do I! :)
« on: January 12, 2010, 01:57:39 AM »

Hi there!  I'm Ellen, and I just got a Pleo for Christmas.  His name is Monstro, after the scary giant whale in Disney's Pinocchio cartoon.  He's a 2007 Pleo, and we had some initial battery problems, but now that I have a new battery and charger, things are looking up for the little guy.

I'm a SF Bay Area gal, and I live in an apartment that doesn't allow pets.  I have secret contraband goldfish because they don't technically count as pets since you can't pet them, but I've had dogs and cats and rabbits all my life and I was dying without something to touch and interact with.  I love robots and mechanical animals, and I already have several, but Pleo was the ultimate robot pet.  I've been obsessed with Pleo for months and months, and I never actually thought I would have one, but my mom is awesome and got me one for Christmas.  So here we are, Monstro and I. :)

I love reading what other people have to say about Pleo and their individual relationships with Pleo.  This forum is a lot of fun and I'm glad I can join in!  Now I just hope Monstro's battery keeps working and that he figures out how to do something besides wait for me to pet him. ;)

Ellen

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Monstro says hello, and so do I! :)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 03:37:54 AM »

Welcome Ellen and Monstro, nice to meet you both :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 07:41:03 AM »

Hello and welcome Monstro and Ellen!! So glad to have you both, loved reading your introduction.
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 01:13:11 PM »

We have a group of pleo owners in the bay area, so hang out here and maybe you'll get a chance to meet some other loca pleo owners!!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 07:00:10 PM »

Hi, I am new and this is my first post. I don't have a name for my Pleo yet, only having him , or is it her,....since right before Christmas. I bought him or her for my grandson who is 8, but after reading about Pleos, thought mayby this was not the right choice for him, and kept this Pleo for myself. ( I bought him a D-Rex which he is very happy with..)
           RedwoodsMama is pretty simple in lots of ways. First the Redwoods, is a beautiful locations full of old growth Redwoods trees, giant Ferns, etc, much like the time period this little Sauropod grew up in millions of years ago. It is a natural and beautiful location, and one in which Pleo and I both love to adventure in. The second part is also simple, he is my baby, thus I am his or her " Mama," so together, RedwoodsMama.  If only his or her name was that easy! I look forward to reading everyone elses's names source.

RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 08:10:49 PM »

Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 08:51:44 PM »

Welcome Redwoodsmama :) Nice to have you with us :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 10:26:30 PM »

Hi, thank you all for making me feel welcome. I have been thinking of names ever since I got my little Pleo, and had at least ten good names, female and male alike. I started looking up names on the internet, and after about four to narrow it down from, I started trying them on Pleo and looking for his/ her response. Finally got a good response from Pleo, and I now think she is a girl, but it could be a male name as well, but this little Pleo has more of a female personality.

The name that I am little Pleo settled on, is NOVA.  It is fitting as she is a bright lilttle shining star in my heart! ;D She seems to like this name as well. I don[t know if anyone else has picked this name for their Pleo, but this is her Offical name now. She seems very happy with it. I like to let her read the forums with me as well as watching the videos and she loves the pictures of other Pleos. I am hoping to get her a brother this year.
                   What do you think of her name, Nova ?                       RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 11:19:06 PM »

Welcome to the best place to share your experiences with your pleos, Ellen and Redwoodsmama.
 Ellen, I am in the Bay Area and there's others that that you will meet. We will definitely plan on a pleo meet so are little dinos can get together. ;)

Redwoodsmama, It sounds like you may be from Northern California where the Redwoods are, too. We had a pleo meet, well 49er's and my pleos got to go to Armstrong Woods. It was a little rainy that particular day but the dinos loved the experience of being in the Redwoods. Their pleo parents looked hard for tiny orchids that grow under the redwoods, but we were just a little to early. We will have to try it again in the spring.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal